Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Time travel in My Little Pony?

Akemi Homura

That's just clairavoyance :blink:

Well, you're both right in that the Elements of Harmony are a bit too powerful to be brought out everytime something comes up, which really isn't what I'd want to see anymore than anyone else would. It's the fame aspect that bothers me. They're national heroes, twice over, and yet they're completely unknown in every other aspect. Being the spirits of the Elements of Harmony has had almost no real impact on their lives and seems like it's completely unimportant on a day to day basis. You'd think that, if nothing else, they'd see some kind of benefit. Maybe a nod or two on occasion, or heck, a salary from the government as national heroes.

You know, this makes me think of astronauts, and people like Niel Armstrong and John Glenn...

Astronauts say one of the strangest things, is being in Earth Orbit, pretty much the most amazing, special professional thing that could ever happen to a human being, and a week later, they're mowing their lawn.

Being a bearer of a spirit of the Elements of harmony I guess would be like being any other hero. Makes for some glory days, but nobody is immune to day-to-day life.

Lol, it's like - I don't think I'm remembering it right, but I think it was Rocko - some really famous, big-name boxer. He was pretty convinced he was superman. He was riding in an airplane when a flight attendent told him to buckle his seatbelt.

"Superman doesn't need a seatbelt." He said.

"Superman wouldn't ride a plane." The flight attendent responded :P

National leaders only get such special treatment because their everyday job is to make huge decisions and run a nation's government. But heroes, I guess, still have to live a day-to-day life.

No matter what, though, I don't think anything justifies Link using the Master Sword, this epic ancient sacred blade, to cut grass XD.

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey!!!!!

+1

One of my favorite quotes from the series, is he goes through some long analogy about how something works, and the other person replies: "Really, is that how it works?"

"No, not at all, but if helps you imagine it better, sure."

Anyone remember what that was?...

Edited by EASA - Dr. Braun
  • Brohoof 1

You know, this makes me think of astronauts, and people like Niel Armstrong and John Glenn...

Astronauts say one of the strangest things, is being in Earth Orbit, pretty much the most amazing, special professional thing that could ever happen to a human being, and a week later, they're mowing their lawn.

Being a bearer of a spirit of the Elements of harmony I guess would be like being any other hero. Makes for some glory days, but nobody is immune to day-to-day life.

Lol, it's like - I don't think I'm remembering it right, but I think it was Rocko - some really famous, big-name boxer. He was pretty convinced he was superman. He was riding in an airplane when a flight attendent told him to buckle his seatbelt.

"Superman doesn't need a seatbelt." He said.

"Superman wouldn't ride a plane." The flight attendent responded :P

National leaders only get such special treatment because their everyday job is to make huge decisions and run a nation's government. But heroes, I guess, still have to live a day-to-day life.

No matter what, though, I don't think anything justifies Link using the Master Sword, this epic ancient sacred blade, to cut grass XD.

Again, you have fair points. And it's not as if I'm suggesting that they should receive constant special treatment, being bowed to everywhere or something like that. Just...a little bit of acknowledgement when it is appropriate would be nice.

Like at the Canterlot Garden Party in Sweet and Elite, where Jet Set and Upper Crust didn't recognize the others at all despite the fact that they were probably present at the award ceremony in Canterlot. Or maybe the occasional thing like "Oh you're a hero, eh? We'll give you a discount here!" when they're buying something. Something along those lines.

I bel

Again, you have fair points. And it's not as if I'm suggesting that they should receive constant special treatment, being bowed to everywhere or something like that. Just...a little bit of acknowledgement when it is appropriate would be nice.

Like at the Canterlot Garden Party in Sweet and Elite, where Jet Set and Upper Crust didn't recognize the others at all despite the fact that they were probably present at the award ceremony in Canterlot. Or maybe the occasional thing like "Oh you're a hero, eh? We'll give you a discount here!" when they're buying something. Something along those lines.

Of course that sucks. I like to believe Celestia erased everypony's memory of the events of nightmare moon and discord

Eh, 8/10. I dunno if Twilight needs to go crazy again. But I guess it'll be interesting to see how her friends react, now that they've seen it happen before.

Time travel is something hard to handle in a show. I hope they do it right.

My fav. show other than Doctor Who to use time travel, was Bill and Tedd's Excellent Adventure. I love how at the start of the show they meet their future selves, at the end of the show they meet themselves from the beginning, and it's perfectly consistent. On top of that, they need keys, and one of them just reaches down and pulls them out of a small hole. "Okay, so now, later, I'll go back in time and put them right there." So he just reaches down and grabs them XD

Kinda like Doctor Who and the Curse of Fatal Death. For the Tom Baker - era illiterate, it was a little comedy skit they did. Look it up ;)

I bel

Of course that sucks. I like to believe Celestia erased everypony's memory of the events of nightmare moon and discord

That doesn't make a lot of sense :P

I just figure that news doesn't carry well or something, lol. But I definitely agree, there should be some acknowledgement.

One thing, though, is some people may say: "Especially since Rainbow Dash loves to bask in fame, she should be parading how she saved Equestria." but if you look at "Mysterious Mare Do Well", you'll see that she's actually quiet modest about the first time she does something heroic, so it's not too out of character for her to not advertise her hero status. It's just after the praise goes on for awhile, only then does it get to her head...

So I figure that they just don't mention it much, and news doesn't travel well. But still, even then, those "Sweet Elite" snubs should've recognized those were more than just country ponies. I mean, there's some small chance they just didn't recognize or remember them, but even then, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, or somebody should've been like, "Hey - we're Celestia's personal team, Twilight is her personal student, and we saved your lives, twice!"

Edited by EASA - Dr. Braun

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

The single chance of salvation is in Rainbow Dash being returned to the EXACT second she departed!

You can see I've given this some thought already!

:lol:

i think it should be like this! rainbow dash cant be sent back the EXACT second but the time it is there and free her

friends from a icy prison! i think that episodes evilness should be like a icemonster! :)

Edited by platogkrone

I'll rate it when I see it since I guess there is going to be a time-travel episode (someone linked it earlier), but I am guessing it will be awesome! :)

(edited)

I smell a potential idea for season 3's first episode! :u

EDIT: Ooooh, this week's episode's gonna have time travel!

Lauren Faust, you lurker. :P

Edited by Pumpkinbot

Never thought I'd see time travel in MLP but I've learned to never doubt the writers. I'm sure it'll be awesome. Also, is it just me or

did they make references to both Metal Gear and Terminator in that clip?

Twilight as Terminator.. I can't wait :]

Terminator is one of my favourite movies.

After recovering from my initial glee at that spoiler clip...

It looks like they may be doing exactly what I didn't want them to do: have Twilight randomly find a spell one day. Okay, it looks like it's extremely limited, but still...come on, do something more with it! Let's not let this be a one time thing. Time travel is in her arsenal now, so she should be able to use it in many episodes.

After recovering from my initial glee at that spoiler clip...

It looks like they may be doing exactly what I didn't want them to do: have Twilight randomly find a spell one day. Okay, it looks like it's extremely limited, but still...come on, do something more with it! Let's not let this be a one time thing. Time travel is in her arsenal now, so she should be able to use it in many episodes.

I wonder if Twilight will occasionally forget her newfound ability to travel through time, much like her teleport ability, presuming, of course, it can be replicated.

On an unrelated note: now I am suddenly tickled by the thought of Twilight becoming capable of opening portals. If they made some sort of Portal reference in a future episode, I think I would die of delight.

(edited)

I wonder if Twilight will occasionally forget her newfound ability to travel through time, much like her teleport ability, presuming, of course, it can be replicated.

On an unrelated note: now I am suddenly tickled by the thought of Twilight becoming capable of opening portals. If they made some sort of Portal reference in a future episode, I think I would die of delight.

That would be pretty awesome to see, I agree. You know, all these newfound powers of Twilight open up some interesting doors for future episodes, especially ones that might involve alternate universes. Possible canon episode featuring stallion versions of the Mane Six?

Edited by Kyronea