Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Now I'm not too keen on Equestria Girls, I absolutely hate the idea of it, I have no problem with cross dimensional stories (Heck, I'm a Doctor Who fan), but why does Twilight have to go to the modern, multicolored, civilized human universe, just why?

This is the main problem I had with the Smurfs movie, there's really nothing unpredictable you could do with that cliche idea, especially with high school of all places, how exciting will it be to see Twilight win the title of "Prom Queen", or face boyfriend troubles? I don't see anything they could do with this movie to make it anything but a enormous snooze fest.... unless of course the entire school turns into a radioactive mustard monster.

There are a lot more problems I have with Equesria Girls that I will probably write down later when I'm not as stressed as I am right now, but does anyone here know any good routes this movie could take to (at the very least) keep me awake, is there any possible way to make this exciting? Post your opinions and stuff.

I'm just gonna put this right here.

It might be kind of predictable. Twi becomes prom queen, she gets the guy, the end.

Or maybe Twi would lose and maybe not get the guy, but she would learn a valuable lesson about how your friends will be there for you no matter what.

I really, really hope it's the second one.

• Brohoof 4

Too early to say. You could imagine that Twilight could get the Princess stuff. But then again, you never know until it airs. It could be shocking-or it could also be a straight up disney plot.

• Brohoof 1

I'm gonna have to say a big fat old stinking no! Why you might ask? Because Twilight will have to learn how to be a human! That means walking, eating, and all these other human things. It's like going on an alien planet and learning their techniques, now would that be boring? No.

• Brohoof 5

It won't be boring at the theater because, as soon as I hear the first Brony groan about Puppy Spike, I'm going to run down, stand in front of the screen, and yell, "Well, well, well, it seems we have some neeeiiiiigh-sayers in the audience!"

• Brohoof 1

The only thing I think will be really interesting is Twilight's initial reaction tot eh human world and adapting to it. That might be the best parts of the movie to me because Pony into human transformations are always entertaining.

So to answer your question, no.

I'm gonna have to say a big fat old stinking no! Why you might ask? Because Twilight will have to learn how to be a human! That means walking, eating, and all these other human things. It's like going on an alien planet and learning their techniques, now would that be boring? No.

Yup and this is my reasoning as well.

The whole thing just looks like a good time.  Also that scene with Snips and Snails with the whole blue lazer light could be a very epic moment.

• Brohoof 1

No clue.

The trailer is not detailed enough to say anything. So, yea. I can say that Studio B is great, though. I highly doubt they would release something poor.

You really cannot judge the movie by its trailer so to say. Just look at I want to say season 2 finale, when we were suppose to watch a wedding, what ended up happening? We got to watch an epic battle for Equestria against the changlings! DO NOT JUDGE!!!

• Brohoof 1

It might be kind of predictable. Twi becomes prom queen, she gets the guy, the end.

Or maybe Twi would lose and maybe not get the guy, but she would learn a valuable lesson about how your friends will be there for you no matter what.

I really, really hope it's the second one.

if it was the first one... T_T *coughclopmaterialgonewildcough* although if she was a human I guess that wouldn't be the proper term.

anyways no I have confidence in it because this is entirely animated, whereas others have animated characters with real life people. that's creepy. but its basically a cartoon movie, so it shouldn't be too bad.

It won't be boring at the theater because, as soon as I hear the first Brony groan about Puppy Spike, I'm going to run down, stand in front of the screen, and yell, "Well, well, well, it seems we have some neeeiiiiigh-sayers in the audience!"

I think I'd be one of those neigh-sayers lol.

Anyway, Don't forget the movie will also show  the legit ponies from the canon universe (although it's unknown how long they will be shown until Twilight enters the mirror) There will also be a epic scene with getting the crown because a epic laxer show happens when Sunset gets the crown. That can't be boring can't it?

• Brohoof 1

Will watching Twilight cry over her "boyfriend" be boring? Yes.

Will watching Twilight get a dress be boring? A big yes.

Also, I would like to say that EqG is somewhat like High School Musical. In the movies, there is a mean, stuck-up b**** who hates the star.

Yes, I watched the movies. And I cannot believe I am making that type of reference to a stupid high-school drama, like Degrassi.

Aside from Twilight dealing with being human, I don't envision anything of interest taking place in the movie. Unless this is taking place in some kind of pscyhotropic dreamscape where High School politics and Prom Queen competitions are metaphysical representations of spiritual and mental conflict, it's probably going to be painfully dull.

I'm not sure though, guess we will wait and see how this Spin-off show of My Little Pony goes. But they have the same voice actors i think? Haven't been researching on EqG lately

Honestly, from what I've seen so far, I'm not impressed. The plot sounds so typical and the trailer didn't hype me up at all or intrigue me. I'll most likely pass on the movie.

The writer(s) are good writer(s).  They make MLP a wonderful show.  I'm sure they could make it quite interesting.

And come on!  Seeing Twilight trying to work out being a human will be hilarious!

Will an episode about Sleepovers be boring?

Will an episode about making dresses be boring?

Will an episode about babysitting be boring?

Will an episode about a wedding be boring?

If someone told you those were some of the episodes from MLP, would you watch them?

Don't call it boring until you see it, saying "oh this'll be boring" without even knowing if it'll happen or not, or what will happen.

Not saying that you have to watch it, just don't jump to assumptions.

• Brohoof 1

We really cannot say if it will be or not. We haven't seen it! Of course, we can always speculate, but we can speculate anything. Will the sun's death 7 billion years from now be boring? Who knows.

Hopefully I am not coming off as snappy there (I am not trying to be at least. :P ), I just kinda see this as a completely pointless question, unless the entire point was for pure speculation. The trailer could have been the most cliched thing ever created (which it wasn't despite being a bit cliche) and it could still be interesting or at least fun.

So, the ultimate answer to the question is: ?

I don't know. I have my doubts about this.

Yet I'm judging it like I did with mlp in the first place. And that turned out to be awesome.

Well, I trust them to make it into something enjoyable. At least not completely suckish would be good enough. :)

• Brohoof 1

Now I'm not too keen on Equestria Girls, I absolutely hate the idea of it, I have no problem with cross dimensional stories (Heck, I'm a Doctor Who fan), but why does Twilight have to go to the modern, multicolored, civilized human universe, just why?

We don't know yet. The trailer didn't give us the reason why she had to go there. It will probably be explained in the movie, and hopefully it will be a decent explanation.

I'd like to point out that we don't know for sure if the guy Twilight hugs is actually a love interest. Yes, it implies that, but he could have helped her with something important and she merely hugged him in thanks.

One thing to keep in mind is that we saw about two minutes of a full-length movie in the trailer, which means we hardly know anything about the film. I too am a bit skeptical about it, as it does seem super stereotypical so far. However, I have faith that writers will deliver. They've taken tired tropes and brought something new to them before, and they'll probably do it again.