Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Equestria Girls Trailer

Sir.Flutter Hooves

Oh hey,

It looks as if everything that haters and paranoia-stricken people that were told "there's nothing to be worried about" can now realize there's basically NOTHING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT. If anything this trailer is substantially better than the first and we can NOW confirm who that new girl is (Sunset Shimmer, right?) on top of the level of humor which was to be expected anyways.

>twilight walking like a pony

>Spike says to her "...and just how do you plan to do that?"
>Twilight without missing a beat and smiling still "I have NO IDEA! :D"

Holy shit Hasbro, GG. happy.png  You already had me on the first trailer but damn that was great.

• Brohoof 5

K at 1:31 they all looking to the moon even sunset who the hell did did celestia banish to the moon in the human world? just a quick notice there

This really should have been the first trailer. I'm still pretty iffy on Spike as a dog and a few other things, but I'm certainly more curious than I was before.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Guise. Guise... GUISE! Doesn't this humanized pony... kinda remind you of SOMEONE? SOMEONE in real life? Or is it just me?

KwMu5.jpg

But anyhow, I think this new trailer has shown that the movie isn't going to be THAT bad. That, and the leak.

Edited by Anonymous~
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Whoa!

This is a much better trailer than the one released on Youtube! It shows why exactly Twilight had to go through the portal. although why did Celestia have a portal to the human world just sitting around anyway? :/

If you were looking at the background of the first few moments of that trailer, that portal is actually found in the Crystal Empire.

And since there's still a considerable amount of the Empire that even Celestia doesn't know much about, it would make sense if even Celestia is surprised to see thae portal.

Also, at least this trailer has made the smart move of explaining why Spike is a dog in the human world, turns out he was going to the human world with Twilight, and isn't a human world counterpart. I still want to know why the writers didn't make him human as well.

what I still want to know though, is why the dev team decided to have there be human counterparts of Twilight's friends, why couldn't the writers simply have the rest of the Mane 6 go in with Twilight?

Dang it, McCarthy!  I'd understand if this is your way of motivating us to watch the film, but did you have to make questions float around our heads to do it?

I hope the DVD release has your commentary explaining at least half these choices.

Edited by Misterian

Look's awesome! 

I'm glad to see that Spike can talk and isn't being treated like a pet also Sunset Shimmer looks like she'll be a good villain can't wait :).

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Plus. look at this:http://imgur.com/a/ACkv1

This is literally demonic villians they are batteling. I cannot believe how dark it looks, but it's gonna be awesome.

I just saw it all.

I have to say my opinion on the show has changed greatly. Not only did the new trailer take everything from the last one ( which was more or less bad) and made it into a really well furnished trailer.

Now I'm interested to see the movie and I CALLED IT Spike the dog being able to talk and someone saying "Did that dog just talk?" Now I'm perfectly fine with him being in a canine form.

Also the fact they look like the Mane 6 will face off against a demon looks kind of scary for the target demographic. Something I think is pretty cool.

Dang I wish this didn't get released while I was asleep.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn

sorry all of you haters, but this trailer spoiled the whole story, and it's BUCKING AWESOME! it's cliche yes, it's girly yes, but I don't give a buck about it, like ANY OF YOU DID when you first watched My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.

This movie looks awesome, and I like how they added pieces of storyline to the high school theme, So Sunset Shimmer is indeed a pony and she stole Twilight's Crown, makes sense to me, I always liked MLP story driven episodes (premieres and finales) and this is no exception.

I love it, it's awesome, and I can't wait to see this movie :D

fan of Equestria Girls here, deal with it! img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

• Brohoof 2

sorry all of you haters, but this trailer spoiled the whole story, and it's BUCKING AWESOME! it's cliche yes, it's girly yes, but I don't give a buck about it, like ANY OF YOU DID when you first watched My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.This movie looks awesome, and I like how they added pieces of storyline to the high school theme, So Sunset Shimmer is indeed a pony and she stole Twilight's Crown, makes sense to me, I always liked MLP story driven episodes (premieres and finales) and this is no exception. I love it, it's awesome, and I can't wait to see this movie :D fan of Equestria Girls here, deal with it! B)

I don't think this is really all that girly. I mean Sunset Shimmer turns into a demon....A freakin demon near the end climax. How's that girly? Anyway I'm still blown away but it's a shame we can practically tell what the basic plot of the movie is and how it's all going to happen. That's the fun part though because I love it when I'm proven wrong and something unexpected happens.

Still waiting to see Discord the school janitor or crazy science teacher lol.

• Brohoof 2

Whassas bros? Whassat? This is going to be bad? Nu-uh! It's going to be better than expected.

Though apparently there are some images regarding the spoiler in very low quality and if they are true then the ending will be awsome and unexpected.

I don't think this is really all that girly. I mean Sunset Shimmer turns into a demon....A freakin demon near the end climax. How's that girly? Anyway I'm still blown away but it's a shame we can practically tell what the basic plot of the movie is and how it's all going to happen. That's the fun part though because I love it when I'm proven wrong and something unexpected happens.

Still waiting to see Discord the school janitor or crazy science teacher lol.

let's face it, the whole high school tematic is girlish to begin with, hell, MLP is girly as a whole, but it's not annoyingly girly that slaps your faces with make up, pinks and stuff. It's girly from any point of view, but thanks to this trailer, I can see that it still has this MLP charm even if they are humans, I was never EVER against EqG because I didn't have evidence to judge it, but the less I've seen of it, it's awesome so far.

I want to see the haters' faces when they see the success of this movie.

• Brohoof 1

Okay, okay. Despite my previous cautiousness of the movie, this trailer has relieved me somewhat. Now it somewhat kills off the belief that this is meant to be a MLP High School movie, excluding "win the crown through becoming princess of the ball," and it does have a better plot than what I had expected.

I won't get my hopes up, but these are steps in the right direction.

Ugh. *Shivers* Equestria Girls...

I'm sorry, I just am not a fan of human-form ponies. I understand that the original show was targeted for younger girls but this just just seems too "barbie/monster high/Brats" for my taste. It just looks so bland. No real plot to it except that Twilight has to basically be the most popular girl in school to return to Ponyville with the crown. 

I will say that there were some sparks of hope; I enjoyed the comedy thrown in there such as Twilight running on four legs and Spike's quote at the end. I will say that I appreciate it a bit more, but I'm not interested in seeing it at all. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm actually looking forward to this now.  For multiple reasons:
1. It looks bad ass
2. Rainbow is sexy

3. Spike doesn't look like a complete idiot.

4. Suspenseful plot

5. Human plot. *lol*
6. All around much less ridiculous a concept now.

sorry all of you haters, but this trailer spoiled the whole story, and it's BUCKING AWESOME! it's cliche yes, it's girly yes, but I don't give a buck about it, like ANY OF YOU DID when you first watched My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.

This movie looks awesome, and I like how they added pieces of storyline to the high school theme, So Sunset Shimmer is indeed a pony and she stole Twilight's Crown, makes sense to me, I always liked MLP story driven episodes (premieres and finales) and this is no exception.

I love it, it's awesome, and I can't wait to see this movie biggrin.png

fan of Equestria Girls here, deal with it! img-1536688-1-img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

I think we all can learn a lesson from Motion Spark today. Of course Equestria Girls have some girls stuff in it, but he's giving it a chance! We should all give this moivie a chance.

• Brohoof 1

This trailer definitely got my hopes up quite a bit!

The writing will probably be really good, as evidenced by the jokes in the trailer, but I never expected anything less.

My only real issue has been with the character designs, and I still don't really like them, but I'm willing to look past that. The actual animation is of course as good as always.

It looks like the movie will have a proper backstory (with the crystal empire and all that), and not just throw us into this parallell dimension within two minutes. A bit disappointed that we won't get the actual Mane 6 (except for Twilight), but their human universe counterparts instead, as I understood it.

Sure it will have girly high school-prom stuff, but those screenshots show that we also get demon battles!

• Brohoof 1

I don't like any of the songs we heard from the trailers. True, it's a very small sample, but I don't like them anyway. They have none of the beauty or elegance from the songs in the series.

And I'll be honest: I liked this until Twilight went into the mirror (unless you count on how stupid it is to send only Twilight to retrieve the crown, if it is so important). I'll say this again: this movie could have been done in a different scenario within Equestria, with ponies. Still not going to pay in order to "give it a chance", and I'm still waiting for a MLP:FIM movie.

Ok, that 1st trailer should have never existed this one is a lot better we see more of her friends and the plot, even though we already knew what it was. But the song let's just say I'm not going to be getting the OST for this.

(edited)

I have to say I liked this one a LOT more, although I find it weird that the only Twilight, Spike and the weird girl/pony thing were the ones that went through the portal and just so happened to meet pretty much exact copies of her real friends in the human/furry world. I'm still a little confused but I guess I'll give it a chance

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)

(edited)

I don't like any of the songs we heard from the trailers. True, it's a very small sample, but I don't like them anyway. They have none of the beauty or elegance from the songs in the series.[/size]And I'll be honest: I liked this until Twilight went into the mirror (unless you count on how stupid it is to send only Twilight to retrieve the crown, if it is so important). I'll say this again: this movie could have been done in a different scenario within Equestria, with ponies. Still not going to pay in order to "give it a chance", and I'm still waiting for a MLP:FIM movie.[/size]

Remember that Twilight Sparkle didn't go In alone as Spike went along with her. In dog form none the less but I'm over that because the trailer made him sound the same as usual. I'm sure the others can't go because it's a stealth mission meaning Twilight has to go in without alerting everyone she's from another world ( because everyone will panic ) Twilight and Spike are the only ones capable of going in because they have no parallel selves as their friends do.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn

(edited)

@

I was talking about the Mane Six.  Celestia stresses the importance of retrieving the crown but only Twilight is sent (and Spike, if he didn't just rush after Twilight). I is still stupid that the Mane Six don't go too, even when ALL their adventures they've been together.

And I don't care if this is a "stealth mission" or something because the whole of Equestria don't even care who they are (the other Mane Six), and it makes no difference because one of the princesses is missing anyway.

This about thee being their versions on the other world, also makes no difference. Because Twilight is going through the mirror without knowing anything. The only reason the others didn't go, as far as we know, is because the script said so.

And my main problem is not fixed yet: ponies!

Edited by moonlightavenger

Im gonna be rally honest. The first trailer I was a bit skeptical, but in the end I was like "Who knows? I was skeptical about a colorful pony show and here I am" and......all my doubts are gone, this trailer makes me wanting to watch this now! SEMI-ITTY-BITTY-SPOILER ALERT! DO NOT READ BELOW YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

For those of you that wanna see a nice RD scootloo sister like relationship, I THINK you wont be disappointed, saw a leaked image and it looks cool, blurry but cool anyways.

(edited)
I was talking about the Mane Six.  Celestia stresses the importance of retrieving the crown but only Twilight is sent (and Spike, if he didn't just rush after Twilight). I is still stupid that the Mane Six don't go too, even when ALL their adventures they've been together. And I don't care if this is a "stealth mission" or something because the whole of Equestria don't even care who they are (the other Mane Six), and it makes no difference because one of the princesses is missing anyway.

I would argue this is something Twilight had to do alone, but then again Spike went with her so..... I don't know. How would the movie go if Twilight's pony friends went with her and they ran into themselves?  Quite differently If I say so.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn

I don't know if this has been posted but someone found Trixie (Bottom) and the CMC are..in high school.... okay what ever you say Meghan.

2866d8e4-6618-4d69-a5b2-db6092059e6d_zps

• Brohoof 6