Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How to buy ponies from a toy store without getting caught

Belgian&Brony

Well most bronies are too shy to go to a store and buy some ponies

BUT THAT TIME IS OVER

HERE IS A TUTORIAL HOW TO BUY PONIES WITHOUT GETTING CAUGHT

Step 1: find a toy store

Step 2:go to the store the first 5 minutes after it opens

Step 3:find the girl toy section (mostly it is a pink place)

Step 4:find the ponies and pick the ones you want

Step 5:go to the birthday section find a pink happy birthday card

Step 6:go to the salesman an give him that card first (it will make him think the ponies are for your little sister)

Step 7:give him the ponies without being shy so much as possible (or else you get suspicious)

Step 8:give him the money and go out the store

Step 9:hide your ponies on your way to home

Step 10: open the door of your home go inside and YOU GOT SOME PONIES !!!

End of the tutorial how I buy ponies

Good luck with pony shopping !

From a fellow proud brony /)

• Brohoof 16

How just use bring a list of a pony toy and have the list labeled *Name* Wishlist and have a few other items on their as well. Then go up to a employee that works that part and ask him/her about it. People make this way too complicated, and you don't have to waste money on a birthday card.

"Is this the correct toy, see, my sister/daughter/friend/friends sister is having a birthday party and she told me she's interested in this my little pony stuff" - you

*Cashier looks at one word written on crumpled piece of paper and confirms it*

*Proceed to buy*

Better idea.

1. Walk into the store at your convenience.

2. Toy section. Go there.

3. Grab what you want.

4. Go to cashier.

5. Pay

6. Leave

No one cares what you're buying, and no one is going to judge you for it. Everyone in the store just wants to grab their stuff and leave. Even if someone did, it's not their damn business what other customers are purchasing. You don't need some complicated plan to make it seem like it's for someone else. Just buy it and move on with your day.

• Brohoof 37

I will give an advice. When giving the pony to the cashier, ask "This is that Little Pony on the TV right?" That way, you will look like an ordinary adult who have never children show. :3

Otherwise, do like this gentleman said:

I personalt like this approach it is more tatical and would be a great laugh to see

• Brohoof 2

SwigglySwiggly's approach:

1. Walk in casually 

2. Grab what you want

3. Go to Cash Register (In certain parts of Australia there are "do it yourself" cash registers)

4. Do it yourself 

5. Put in plastic bag (to hide it from public)

6. Enjoy

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

I will give an advice. When giving the pony to the cashier, ask "This is that Little Pony on the TV right?" That way, you will look like an ordinary adult who have never children show. :3

Otherwise, do like this gentleman said:

lol I always use that tactic of saying "Emm this is My little pony thing on the tv right?" and they just stare at me like... "yeah I guess" then I'm like ok, thanks... I buy and leave :D

Edited by BoffinMexican

I always thought I could just tell the guy at the counter "I have a little cousin whose birthday is coming up." I guess I'm just too shy to try anything that might last longer. Plus, it would just straight away get him/her to believe you instead of just you assuming it worked.

(edited)

Heh, one of the benefits of being 41 years old...I can walk into a store and buy any toys I want with a straight face.  Nobody does a double take because they think it's for my child.  tongue.png

For the record, I don't have any kids...

But seriously, the best approach, IMHO, is not to say anything to the cashier or anybody else.  They'll more than like assume it's for a younger, female relative in any event.  Only employees who are aware of the fandom, or are bronies themselves, are likely to suspect anything. 

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 2

1. Enter the store,

2. Locate ponies,

3. Scream as loud as you can: YOU'RE GOING TO BE MINE! ALL MINE!

4. Grab ALL THE PONIES

5. Go to the cashier and make this face:

__BZZT___by_DethrilBot.jpg

6. Run out of the store laughing evilly.

But honestly, unless you know personally somebody who works in that store, and you don't want that person to know you're a brony, then:

nobody-cares_317034.jpg

• Brohoof 8

Well I don't buy pony toys/stuff all that often, but when I do I just grab it, buy it, and don't care... and always use a self check, but I tend to use them for whatever I can anyways. ^_^

And for people too afraid to use retail stores, why not just buy online? You don't have to see anyone's face then, and if you do it's not like the delivery person knows what you bought anyway. :huh:

• Brohoof 1

this is a good idea, though i feel anypony should not be be shy about buying ponies,i can understand people who are shy about it i used to be, i guess it is easier for me seeing as how i work at wal-mart and can just have the stuff rung up in the sporting goods section (at 3-4 am there's nobody back there) if u ever notice a brony with a LED hoodie working the dairy cooler id be happy to help anypony with there pony buying needs. wink.png

Step 4: Everyone grabs ponies while whispering, "Dennis"

post-10241-0-27091100-1359802931.jpg

Sounds like a good idea, even though I don't even know what is this 'Dennis' you're talking about.

i work at wal-mart and can just have the stuff rung up in the sporting goods section (at 3-4 am there's nobody back there) if u ever notice a brony with a LED hoodie working the dairy cooler id be happy to help anypony with there pony buying needs. wink.png

Live in my area please. XD

It will be cool, I mean:

*walks in with MLP shirt*

You: Yo Brony fella! Need any help?

*giggles like a freaking idiot*

• Brohoof 2

Hell i stood there, went through the blind bags( was crystal empire one btw) till i found a RD blind bag and also found a applejack, walked to the cashier, hit on her a bit handed her my ponies paid and left

It wouldn't work well for me, because I have a 6-inch colored Pony decal on each side of my car, so even if I could hide the toys well, my car pretty much gives me away...

Sounds like a good idea, even though I don't even know what is this 'Dennis' you're talking about.

It will be cool, I mean:

It will be cool, I mean:

lol wish i could but im happy where i am wink.png i also play brony music while i work so i stick out like a giant beacon.

• Brohoof 4

1. Go to toy store.

2. Leave.

3. Repeat 1 & 2 several times.

Oh god, I'm so tired of this. I keep doing that all the time when I'm thinking of buying something even remotely "embarrassing" (and I haven't even tried buying pony-related stuff yet).

I am WAY to self-conscious about shopping for some reason.

I walk around the store, spot the thing I'm looking for, keep walking past it while sort of glancing at it from the corner of my eye. I look around some more at unrelated stuff I'm not even interested in while trying to grow some balls. Usually I check my phone a few times (too look less suspicious and more casual, I guess). Finally, I usually manage to stand still and look straight at the thing I'm interested in (without actually touching it, that would be crazy). In the end, I usually leave empty handed. I refuse to give up so I return a few days later and go through the same pattern. If I don't succeed in getting the item, I only manage to look like a shoplifter.

It's pathetic, really. laugh.png  Like everyone keeps saying, the cashier does not care one bit.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I have been wanting to buy some pony merch for some time, with no results. I'm waaaaay too self-conscious. If I happen to be wearing a pony shirt, I don't even go NEAR the girls' toy section (makes it obvious I have intentions to buy pony toys), I hover around it as if there was a force field over it.

And as somebody who works in retail, I'm doubly afraid, because at my job they most certainly do talk crap about some customers, especially if they buy something weird/strange. I'm sure that's the case at more than one retail store.

The only place I've been able to calmly buy pony stuff from is Hot Topic, as they sell stuff to cater to bronies, and they're surely used to them by now (hell, some might actually be bronies).

Edited by Gigapony
  • Brohoof 4

I've found that wearing a Motorhead T-shirt, aviator sunglasses, and a really pissed off look on your face is an equally effective tactic. It has yet to fail me, anyway.

• Brohoof 2

lol wish i could but im happy where i am img-1542516-1-wink.png i also play brony music while i work so i stick out like a giant beacon.

This is possibly the most awesome thing I've read all month. I don't know how you get away with being able to listen to your own music, but please, if you ever get a desire to move, come work at RCSS #1522, thanks. :P

At RCSS we don't have much MLP merch, 1 DVD, 1 coluring book, 1 sticker sheet from the 3rd gen, and a few other toys. We do have those lovely self-checkouts though, don't have to talk to anyone at all. I don't really see what the big deal is though, and I don't think 99% of the population really cares about what you're buying anyway.

We also have the little ones that cost around $2, whatever their proper name is. I specifically look for the last RD one we have every time I go down there. I think it's still there too. We had MLP chocolate at Easter time, afterward it was 50% off, I almost got one.

• Brohoof 1