• Jazz
    • Classical
    • Blues
    • Pop
    • Other (Explain)
    • Alternative
    • Country
    • Folk

I like instrumental music, but it really depends on my mood. I used to listen to classical exclusively, but have broadened my tastes somewhat in the past couple years.

I am also fond of opera and musicals. I like dramatic singing, and being a baritone I'm always looking for new songs to sing myself.

• Brohoof 1

I dunno why I posted this, just thought it would be a cool thing to ask! My personal favorite type is Electronic, but I'd love to hear what other people like as well!

Melodic Death Metal.  In particular, I like Cradle of Filth, Dethklok, Napalm Death and Converge.

A huge influence on my current style is Dethklok:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptArMXX4YT0

Alternative Rock and Dubstep are the two main genres for me. A majority of my favorite bands are under Alternative Rock, so it only makes sense for that genre to be my favorite. And Dubstep just feels awesome to listen to. I even have a bit of pop music I enjoy...*cue the groans from others* 

The only genre I don't listen to much is Country. Rap is okay, but I don't listen to it much either. 

I also thoroughly enjoy instrumental and classical music as well.

If I had to pick one genre as my favorite, Alternative Rock is my choice easily.

I absolutely love jazz, alt rock, instrumental, and electronic. All of them are absolutely amazing to me. As far as electronic goes, by favorites would be Electro, Drumstep, DnB and Nu Disco

I mostly like instrumentals. I'm weird like that, I know. It's just I always find them to be really relaxing, and it makes me feel like I'm at complete calmness. It also helps me get rid of my stress at times. :P

I’d say my favourite styles of music are Disco and House music: so basically dance music.

Like pretty much any Disco record, and I mainly like Discofied, Funky and Soulful type House records and not really into the whole electro bass drop trance sounds type 'House'

Edited by Asherdangerdash

I mostly like instrumentals. I'm weird like that, I know. It's just I always find them to be really relaxing, and it makes me feel like I'm at complete calmness. It also helps me get rid of my stress at times. tongue.png

I gotta agree, that's when I usually listen to instrumentals. I absolutely just love how it can be kinda soothing, ya know? It's nice.

• Brohoof 1

I love pretty much anything and everything that fits under the rock umbrella.
As long as it has vocals, electric guitar, bass, and drums, I'm happy. (There are some exceptions, of course)
My favourite subgenre is definitely alternative rock, followed closely by progressive rock/art rock.

No one ever put Prog Rock on their poll. :/

This genre is simply amazing. You have at the entrance of this genre Pink Floyd, Rush, these kinds of groups. But as you go deeper, it becomes simply amazing. You have stuff like Genesis (with Peter Gabriel), Gentle Giant, Camel, Yes, King Crimson, etc. But what's awesome is that there is simply no plagiarism in this genre. Everyone creates their own music, every groups have their own style, it's amazing here.

No one ever put Prog Rock on their poll. :/

This genre is simply amazing. You have at the entrance of this genre Pink Floyd, Rush, these kinds of groups. But as you go deeper, it becomes simply amazing. You have stuff like Genesis (with Peter Gabriel), Gentle Giant, Camel, Yes, King Crimson, etc. But what's awesome is that there is simply no plagiarism in this genre. Everyone creates their own music, every groups have their own style, it's amazing here.

That's because Progressive rock falls under the rock umbrella.

It's a subgenre.

And no plagiarism in prog rock? Please.

Look into some of the bands you just mentioned. 60's and 70's were some of the worst decades in regards to musical theft.

That's because Progressive rock falls under the rock umbrella.

It's a subgenre.

And no plagiarism in prog rock? Please.

Look into some of the bands you just mentioned. 60's and 70's were some of the worst decades in regards to musical theft.

I actually think it was the most creative music era. But it fastly got destroyed by punk rock and pop music.

And I don't really consider Prog Rock being a subgenre of rock, it is most of the time completly different. Yes, Rush and Pink Floyd are mostly rock, and I have no idea how they fit in this category, but Gentle Giant is usually pretty far from rock lol.

Maybe you don't like the style, it's not everyone who can enjoy such a complexity. It sometimes even take me more than one listening to enjoy a song. I just like anything that is different, complex. And nope, I actually never found plagiarism in pure prog rock groups.

I respect your opinion, but no need to be this harsh. :P

Also... we are actually going through the worst era of music. Pop... is not an art anymore, it's a mechandise they sell for a good price. Programs that make all the music for you and you win millions, is not an art, it's not music. And it's also the worst era for plagiarism. You can find rifs of old songs everywhere in this plain and boring pop music.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite genre - praise and worship- didnt make the list. So I was puzzled over what to choose. I like classical, pop, electronic, rock, country and other genres but the the one i chose was.... soundtrack! Cause sountracks have all sorts of stuff xD

If you want to go byhow many songs I have in each genre on my ipod- pop wins this poll but Christian music doubles pop. Electronic almost won.

I enjoy various genres of music, grunge, punk, rock, alternative, folk, electronica/dance, drum & bass, liquid bass, some metal, yes, alternative, and so forth. Although, if I did have to choose out of all of them, I would most likely choose grunge, because of Nirvana. I'm sure you can understand why, seeing my profile name, and picture.

I like a lot of different types of music. Rock, country, hip hop, techno, and soundtrack. My favorite artists are the following: Taylor Swift, Martina McBride, Lonestar, Toby Keith, Nsync, Backstreet boys, Enya, Evanescence,and Josh Turner.

I enjoy various genres of music, grunge, punk, rock, alternative, folk, electronica/dance, drum & bass, liquid bass, some metal, yes, alternative, and so forth. Although, if I did have to choose out of all of them, I would most likely choose grunge, because of Nirvana. I'm sure you can understand why, seeing my profile name, and picture.

Oh Nirvana's amazing, don't get me wrong. I love all of their music. I do have some exception to rock, Nirvana and Metallica are some of them.

I like pretty much all kinds of music (Hold Classical and Pop).

One week I will listen to only Genre X, and the next only Genre Y.

For example:
4 weeks ago: Thrash metal
3 weeks ago:  Funk and Indie Rock
2 weeks ago: West Coast Rap 
The past week: Drum and bass

I love all musical genres, but I particularly love Celtic, such as Altan, the Dubliners, and especially the Chieftains, as I have met the band before, after a concert in Houston, I also play the tin whistle, harp and guitar in Celtic melodies.

I love electronic music, and listen to more of it than anything else, but i cannot rightly say that I have any specific favorite kind of music, there's music I love and hate in just about all genres, it's really more up to the specific song. Except Country, buck Country.

I have a very broad range. From 40s/50s swing and big band, to rap, to orchestral, to pop, to pretty much any kind of rock from any era. I even have some electronic tracks in my favorites list, though most of them are from soundtracks. I'm not a big fan of country, but I'll listen to it if nothing else is on.

The only kind of "music" I absolutely can't abide is EDM. And not just the new stuff, either. Disco was shite back in the 70s, we've just found a way to make it a million times worse.

The way I see it, if the modern music industry can take a genre with as much raw artistic potential as rap, and use it to churn out thousands upon thousands of "brag tracks" that not only have zero merit, but are almost completely identical to one another, then imagine what the industry does to a genre that's already pointless to begin with.

I like all different types of music, but since we're choosing one genre, I'd choose electronic. It's what I listen to the most by far. More specifically though, I listen to:

- French House

- Electro House

- Dutch House

- Progressive House

- Drumstep

- Hardstyle

- Complextro

- Moombahton

- Synthpop

• Brohoof 1