• Jazz
    • Classical
    • Blues
    • Pop
    • Other (Explain)
    • Alternative
    • Country
    • Folk

Simple. I have very good hearing. Whenever I want to listen to some music, I just stalk someone who is listening to music and hear it from a couple of miles away. Then when he finishes, I get closer and start my hunt. I especially like 70's rock and lately EDM. There is a reason many people can't remember what happened after a concert. (I'll give you a hint. It wasn't drugs.)

That makes a lot more sense thank you for the explanation, but if you ever stalk me in the woods I will have Celestia send you to the moon! If you leave me alone, we won't have any problems.
  • Brohoof 1

That makes a lot more sense thank you for the explanation, but if you ever stalk me in the woods I will have Celestia send you to the moon! If you leave me alone, we won't have any problems.

But you play so beautifully! :( How will I ever live without your music? Last time I tried to buy a ticket, everypony ran away screaming, as usual. So I left some bits by the door and listened from outside. Also, tell Vinyl that I'm a big fan of her work too.

• Brohoof 1

Heavy Metal. Pretty much all subgenres. Although I'd have to say that my current favorite is technical death metal, although doom metal and thrash are a close second and third.

I'm gonna go with either country and electro/dubstep/anything like that. If dubstep and electro is made right, it can be pretty damn awesome to me. country, though......man, I love country. Reminds me of Applejack on so many levels, plus, country is mostly natural instead of artificial (Even though probably tune country a little bit so official releases sound real good). I just love it :wub:, AND genres similiar to country, like blues rock, root rock, etc.

Edited by spas-ticShotty

Dubstep. Pony dubstep. B)

General mumble does great work and I've always been into dubstep, even before I became a brony. :wub:

WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

I love Punk (Ramones!!!!!) But I'm also a huge fan of Underground rap; Hopsin, Tech N9ne, etc. :) I like some dubstep, but only some :3 and of course I lovelovelove Vocaloid :D

Since you like a lot of punk, mind recommending some to me? I'm really lacking in that department. I've been interested in the genre for a while, but never knew where to start.

Since you like a lot of punk, mind recommending some to me? I'm really lacking in that department. I've been interested in the genre for a while, but never knew where to start.

Well, theres always the Ramones :DD and of course the Sex Pistols. Nirvana is a good grunge band, but its not Punk..The Misfits, and soo much more :) Thats probably enough to start you off :)
  • Brohoof 1

Well, theres always the Ramones :DD and of course the Sex Pistols. Nirvana is a good grunge band, but its not Punk..The Misfits, and soo much more :) Thats probably enough to start you off :)

I love the Misfits and the Sex Pistols. All bands listed are great. Have you ever checked out the Melvins? I think you'd really like 'em. :) Kurt Cobain used to be a roadie for them.

-----

I merged your thread with a previously existing one of the same subject. When thinking about making a thread, please use the search function~

My favorite music genres are: Metal and/or House / Electronic / Trance.

I love the Misfits and the Sex Pistols. All bands listed are great. Have you ever checked out the Melvins? I think you'd really like 'em. :) Kurt Cobain used to be a roadie for them.

Those are like, all my favourote bands :3 I love them all so much! The Melvins? No, I haven't, but the name rings a bell~ I'll be sure to check them out :)
  • Brohoof 1

Seems like alot of people here are just straight electro / step and rock / metal fans.

I like everything but my main genres are...

Early 2000s / 90s Rap (Big L, B.I.G, Wu Tang Clan, 2pac)

Current Rap / Hip Hop (Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Tyler The Creater (OFWGKTA), Earl Sweatshirt, Childish Gambino ect)

2011-Present Indie RnB (Frank Ocean, The Weeknd, Some Drake, Sublime With Rome)

Lil Wayne and his buddies can gtfo doee....

• 3 months later...

Man i just ADORE genres (in fact i started the RYM Box Set to explore just how many and how awesome each genre and their history is).

Besides indie/alternative rock i still love EDM amd House probably the most out of that although Trance, Electro, Breakbeat, Drum & Bass I love as well.  I might not like modern dubstep that much but then again I'm not that young anymore. :D

Hello!

My taste for music genres is varied. I love Rock, i love Classic metal, I love Jazz, i absolutely love Classical music. The only genres i don't really like, are Pop, and electronic music. (I won't argue, there is some very nice stuff from both of these genres that i like, but they're very rare for me to find.)

I love many genres of music, here are some of the bands and stuff I like :3

Asking Alexandria

Pierce The Veil

Black Veil Brides

Escape The Fate

Alesana

Blessthefall

Funeral For a Friend

Bullet For My Valentine

Disturbed

Breaking Benjamin 

Skrillex

Knife Party

WoodenToaster/Glaze

Living Tombstone

Vinyl Scratch

Excision

And guiltily...

Hatsune Miku

Hmm...I'd say my favorite genre is Alternative. There's plenty of other genres that I like to listen to occasionally, like Metal and Electronic, but Alternative I can listen to anytime.