Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DITR

They should stop introducing new characters and focus on the ones right now

This thread is suddenly used for venting on anything.... even opinions that are actually very popular

Luna needs episodes that center more on her like Luna Eclipsed not having her as a one trick pony in CMC episodes

Good point on both parts.

• Brohoof 1

- I liked mysterious maredowell 

- Fluttershy seems like she has no character development to me

- Rainbow dash is best pony

- I preferred when the characters sometimes broke character rules. I feel like their more real when their not always perfectly in character :/

- Season 5 isn't my favorite season, not saying it isn't good, it is.

• Brohoof 3

- I liked mysterious maredowell 

- Fluttershy seems like she has no character development to me

- Rainbow dash is best pony

- I preferred when the characters sometimes broke character rules. I feel like their more real when their not always perfectly in character :/

- Season 5 isn't my favorite season, not saying it isn't good, it is.

Good points all the way! Rainbow is best pony

• Brohoof 4

My unpopular opinions:

• Slice of Life sucks
  • Starlight Glimmer is not a good villain and is completely uninteresting
  • The show needs better villains, Discord was the only interesting and good one
  • Amending Fences is good but overrated. Same goes for Pinkie Pride.
  • Brohoof 1

-Spike has a ton of character potential

-I didn't care for Magical Mystery Cure that much, mainly because I felt it was rushed

-I never got the Derpy hype

-Big Mac needs an episode where he has a big role or decent supporting role

-I hate Diamond Tiara but I find Silver Spoon kinda fascinating and has room to grow as a character

• 2 weeks later...

I find the first seasons incredibly bland and I adore the newer ones.

I hate humanizations were all the mane six look like exactly the same like they look like someone just drew the same face and just changed the hair and eyes, there's no way that Pinkie Pie who eats sweets all day long can be the same  skin tone and weight as  Apple Jack who works all day in the sun bucking apples.

I hate Dislestia,Lunabra,and Sparity, along with nearly every other popular ship, I prefer Celestia with Sombra or as an OT3 with Pinkie and Twilight, Luna with Discord,and I'm starting to like Scootaloo with Spike.

I like Cheese Sandwich with Maud because I find the idea of them ending up together hilarious.

I see Vinyl and Octavia as sisters so I can't stand to see them be shipped together. 

I ship Diamond Tiara with Apple Bloom because no one is that obsessed with someone unless they have a crush on them.

I don't get the Derpy hype 

I watch the show online because I can't afford to get cable TV and the package that you have to get to be able to watch the channel mlp is on.

I ship Gilda x Fluttershy yeah Gilda yelled at her but the more I look at it the more they look perfect for one another.  

Edited by CookieK
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Starlight Glimmer>>>Sunset Shimmer

I just think her redemption was done way better. It's just at the point right now where everyone thinks it's rushed and that she can't make it up, but some of these same people felt that way about Sunset, but look at her now.

Sure, what Starlight did was definitely horrible, messing with time and whatnot, but Sunset was barely any better. She betrayed Celestia's trust and began attempts to take over a whole other world, and even made the whole school into her slaves.

At least Starlight had a good vision and her heart was (mostly) in the right place. Sunset, on the other hand, did not have any virtues or morals, everything she did was for herself.

Once again, I'm not denying what Starlight did was awful, but she definitely deserves a shot at redemption more did Sunset did.

• Brohoof 2

-Never gotten into the DERP :muffins: hype to follow the trend, but there are scenes with her where she's adorable  :wub: (Choco fountain)

-I think a good amount of people only see Rarity's more stereotypical feminine straits to hate her or say she's worst poneh. She has many of those, but she's far from the typical girly girl in a girly show who's just.... girly. She's by far one of the most interesting Mane6 characters for me because more than once, she breaks our expectations of her

-AJ is NOT cute, she's hot  :bedeyes:

-I enjoy recent seasons more than the first 2 ones 

-I think Peppermint Twist's lips is cute :icwudt:

-I haven't read any Fallout Equestria save for the first chapter only of Project Horizons, and a relatively unknown one within the EG universe

-I wouldn't mind if Flashy and Twi end up together :huh:, In fact, I think I'll be rather happy just to see the rants in the fandom  :sunbutt:

-Scoots is the most adorable filly, EVAH

-I disliked Diamond Tiara, but never gotten to the hate train which was trending before her reform this season

-I love Slice of Life as a love card towards us,and exploring BG characters, but it wasn't an excellent episode 

-I'm not into many fan projects, save two or three games. Yeah, I;m more of a videogame guy rather than music  B)

-I, FUCKING, HATE, those attempts at characters called "Anon"  >_> . It is too hard to think of a quick and simple name like "Breeze Grass", "Spark Shine", "Troodaloo" or something? I'd rather have them called "Anonymous", at least they make me think the guy is wearing a Guy Fawkes mask  :dash:

• Brohoof 3

I think Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer both deserve a chance! I might be more biased for Sunset, but I dislike this petty "war" about who deserves to be in the main six the most or who had the better redemption. (Though, uh. I think the answer is Sunset to both of these questions...  :please: )

I think Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer both deserve a chance! I might be more biased for Sunset, but I dislike this petty "war" about who deserves to be in the main six the most or who had the better redemption. (Though, uh. I think the answer is Sunset to both of these questions...  :please: )

You dislike the "war" yet you still answer those questions. XD

But yeah, I agree. I wish we could all just accept that Starlight is being redeemed and move on. :c

You dislike the "war" yet you still answer those questions. XD

But yeah, I agree. I wish we could all just accept that Starlight is being redeemed and move on. :c

I did admit I was a little biased! Sunset's the answer to both my questions mostly because we've seen her more and how much she's changed, whereas we haven't seen much of Starlight after her redemption yet. Who knows... maybe Starlight's redemption will turn out to be better after all. But for now, I'm on Sunny's side... though I'm willing to give Starlight a chance too.

• Brohoof 1

I did admit I was a little biased! Sunset's the answer to both my questions mostly because we've seen her more and how much she's changed, whereas we haven't seen much of Starlight after her redemption yet. Who knows... maybe Starlight's redemption will turn out to be better after all. But for now, I'm on Sunny's side... though I'm willing to give Starlight a chance too.

The staff have really proved that Sunset is a great character for sure. She was great in Rainbow Rocks, fantastic in Friendship Games, and don't even get me started on her "My Past is Not Today" song. The way they handled her reformation is why I'm so excited for Starlight's. Plus, Starlight is arguably one of the most capable magic users in the show, so it'd be interesting to see how they use that potential for good.

• Brohoof 4

-I, FUCKING, HATE, those attempts at characters called "Anon"  >_> . It is too hard to think of a quick and simple name like "Breeze Grass", "Spark Shine", "Troodaloo" or something? I'd rather have them called "Anonymous", at least they make me think the guy is wearing a Guy Fawkes mask  :dash:

I'm a little out of touch with some corners of bronydom, but what is this "Anon" business all about? I mean, I see the faceless green guy everywhere but never really understood it.

Edited by PGNatsu

I don't see big deal with Octavia Melody. She's an ok pony but not anything special

While i liked Discord and Sunsets reformations i felt Diamond and Starlight's were overdone and rushed

Celestia isn't interesting

I like Abacus Cinch and want to know more about her

Sugarcoat needs an entire movie about herself

Edited by LunatheNightmare

I don't see big deal with Octavia Melody. She's an ok pony but not anything special

While i liked Discord and Sunsets reformations i felt Diamond and Starlight's were overdone and rushed

Celestia isn't interesting

I like Abacus Cinch and want to know more about her

Sugarcoat needs an entire movie about herself

Trust me, a lot of those definitely aren't unpopular.

A Sugarcoat movie? I don't know why, but I think a James Bond-esque movie with her would be awesome! XD

Trust me, a lot of those definitely aren't unpopular.

A Sugarcoat movie? I don't know why, but I think a James Bond-esque movie with her would be awesome! XD

Really? I thought everyone loved Octavia for some reason? i also thought people didn't  like Sunsets reformation

AND YES. SUGARCOAT AS THE NEW JAMES BOND. MY DREAMS ARE FULFILLED  :wub:

-I like Celestia more than Luna (I still like Luna, though) but, I wish Celestia would just get at least one episode focusing on her after five seasons and over one-hundred episodes.

-I really tried to like Pinkie Pie, but her personality traits; lack of boundaries regarding personal space, loud, obnoxious, and occasionally just being shockingly oblivious and insensitive when she should at times when she really have known otherwise just rub me the wrong way too often,since people like that really bug me in real life (with that said, I have nothing against those who do like her.)

-Despite myself, I actually discovered that I liked Sunset Shimmer in all of her incarnations (yes, even the lazy copy/paste 'Mean Girls' Sunset in the original film).

-I don't consider the IDW comics canon-I'm sorry, I just have too many problems with them.

-Regarding the Season Five finale;

Starlight Glimmer's backstory and motivation were too weak for me to feel genuine, and the fact it was something so easily resolvable made me feel like it damaged her as an intelligent character and villain.

• Brohoof 6

I'm a little out of touch with some corners of bronydom, but what is this "Anon" business all about? I mean, I see the faceless green guy everywhere but never really understood it.

Neither do I, nor I'm sure where this trend came from, but I think it's basically fill-in "OC" (note the quotations) who interacts with the canon characters (usually clop) by authors who are too lazy to make a name. I follow a whole series of EG clop where each of the girls are with guys, WHO ARE ALL NAMED ANON. The only reason I still follow them is because they're otherwise great clops. And people later complain about Flashy  >_>

• Brohoof 1

I thought Amending Fences was a good concept but Moon Dancer's complete meltdown over one pony not showing up to her party (one with an antisocial reputation at that) was mellow dramatic and I couldn't buy it. Especially considering how famous Twilight is at this point. Wasn't it know what she was doing the day of Moon Dancer's party? (Saving Equestria).

I thought Ra Ra's voice in Mane Attraction wasn't that good, though the song was well written.

I have no interest in Equestia Girls. I gave it a shot. I don't like it.

I loved Tanks for the Memories,