Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

Third member of the team is Noboru (Lucario)! Wasn't sure when I'd find another party member. Was considering the creation of my psychic team early, but the team is gradually growing on it's own. I'll keep moving forward and forming it as we go! Current question is whether to make Noboru a physical striker or a special striker?

Also, Pyre (Braixen) evolved! I was so attached to his [then] current form that I considered halting the evolution there (coincidentally, I received an everstone soon after those thoughts began to emerge). As someone mentioned during the journey though, a strong bond will stay even if their appearance changes. I believe that's right, so it helped me settle on it earlier. When I went to see Pyre on Pokemon Amie, it's back was turned to me....the air was silent for some time. Once I saw his face though, I knew everything was fine! He's still the same Pyre I love smile.png

Edited by Starlight Sky
  • Brohoof 1

So I just got Xerneas. I got one with a Naive nature, which was kind of lucky considering it would probably be a huge pain to soft reset for, and is good for its mixed attacking potential. But the way it looks ingame... I dunno, its sprite and status portrait are waaaaaay too blue, they kinda screwed it up I think. Doesn't stop it from potentially being one of the coolest legendaries ever imo, but still. Also, without spoiling too much, when can I get Zygarde? An answer simply saying before or after the story's over would be fine.

Anyway, just made my way around Terminus Cave looking for the Shadow Ball TM and found it, guess I'm on my way to the 8th gym then.

Third member of the team is Noboru (Lucario)! Wasn't sure when I'd find another party member. Was considering the creation of my psychic team early, but the team is gradually growing on it's own. I'll keep moving forward and forming it as we go! Current question is whether to make Noboru a physical striker or a special striker?

Also, Pyre (Braixen) evolved! I was so attached to his [then] current form that I considered halting the evolution there (coincidentally, I received an everstone soon after those thoughts began to emerge). As someone mentioned during the journey though, a strong bond will stay even if their appearance changes. I believe that's right, so it helped me settle on it earlier. When I went to see Pyre on Pokemon Amie, it's back was turned to me....the air was silent for some time. Once I saw his face though, I knew everything was fine! He's still the same Pyre I love img-1936062-1-smile.png

Lucario is generally better as a physical attacker but works well specially as well. What's it's nature?

@, Hasty nature; so, high speed and low defense.

Certainly has the potential for either attack or special attack (his sp.attack is 3 points higher than attack, but that doesn't say much). The max stats don't differ by much for sp.attack and attack. Not sure what move set to aim for. Since I'll have plenty of special sweepers, might go for physical.

• Brohoof 1

at the elite four now. well right outside the structure that they are in. rather impressive building =P

all my pokemon are either level 57 or 58 so I'm not sure if I can handle them right now

I think I should train a bit before biting the bullet

I've be procrastinating on this game so much now. I don't even come home excited to play it anymore lol Guess I played to much. Just like in Black 2, i'm some where in Victory road. I'm actually going to try to play tonight and demolish the elite four. Then off the cerulean cave rip off and catch mewtwo. It will be off to find all mega stones after beating my rival for the hundredth time.

I got Pokemon X a few days after it came out, just got to Reflection Cave or whatever its called. Have a nice little team for myself right now.

Lv. 29 Amaura

Lv. 12 JAPANESE Ralts that I got in a trade from my friend for my Lv. 28 Ralts

Lv. 29 Raichu that I just evolved from my Pikachu as I typed this

Lv. 31 Lucario

Lv. 32 Braixen

Lv. 32 Charmeleon

So it turns out they didn't mess up Xerneas after all, looking at its Pokédex entry it just has two different 'modes', which I'm guessing that Yveltal has something similar going on then. It's cool I guess, I just love dem rainbow antlers is all. ;)

Anyway, recently beat the stupidly easy 8th gym(Ice? Seriously) and after some TM collecting I'm ready for Victory Road. Seems this game will have taken me about a week then which was pretty much as long as White took for me(idr how long White 2 took for me though, a little longer maybe).

Oh, and I love buying the clothes in this game, the female may have more options but I'd say the male has enough options too, I only wish you could take the hat off but I like the knit caps anyway I guess.

• Brohoof 1

So it turns out they didn't mess up Xerneas after all, looking at its Pokédex entry it just has two different 'modes', which I'm guessing that Yveltal has something similar going on then. It's cool I guess, I just love dem rainbow antlers is all. wink.png

Anyway, recently beat the stupidly easy 8th gym(Ice? Seriously) and after some TM collecting I'm ready for Victory Road. Seems this game will have taken me about a week then which was pretty much as long as White took for me(idr how long White 2 took for me though, a little longer maybe).

Oh, and I love buying the clothes in this game, the female may have more options but I'd say the male has enough options too, I only wish you could take the hat off but I like the knit caps anyway I guess.

Those Rainbow antlers would woo me, as well e9FkmL5.png Not sure Yveltal has another form though. Serebii shows two modes for Xerneas, but only one for Yveltal.

As for an icy, eighth gym....eh, we'll see when I get there. Gonna face the fourth gym now.

Btw, Noboru (Lucario) is a great physical striker! Bone rush(and most multi-hit moves) gets really potent after an attack boost. And whenever I give the MegaStone to someone else, Noboru holds Metronome (which boosts the power of consecutively used move). It makes the power of Bone Rush and (especially) Power-up Punch skyrocket happy.png  

I am teh Championz

Blaziken was my MVP, hitting all his moves despite being 2-3 levels below the E4's and Champ's levels. Mega Evolution helps a lot too <_<

So now I'm focusing on breeding and evolving my stage 1 pokes. Also looking to get into this Friend Safari thing. I just need more friends lol.

Also got a Bulbasaur from Wonder Trade. Thanks Jeff in Nebraska whoever you are!

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 1

Well after about a 4 day break from the game, I'm just about to turn it on and finally pass victory road. It's amazing on how much more info there is about the game in only 1 week.

Well just beat the elite four and what an ending! One of the best ones yet. The elite four was cake though, probably beacuse my pokemon where over leveled. Now off to find all mega stones and complete all side quests. After that, go back to black version and sort out the pokemon i'll be transferring over to X when Pokemon Bank comes out.

Team:

Alakazam Lv71

Crobat Lv70

Lucario Lv69

Magneton Lv69

Charizard Lv70

Greninja Lv69

Well, after days and days of theorycrafting I've decided to drop Noivern and Sableye from my team in favor of Hawlucha and Tyrantrum instead. I actually wanted to keep Noivern, but I didn't want to double-up on dragon types with Tyrantrum. I picked Hawlucha because he was really the only dual-type flying Pokemon that wasn't horrible and wouldn't conflict with anyone else on my team. I've really warmed up to it though.

As it stands, my team is currently:

- Delphox
- Hawlucha
- Lapras
- Mawile (Mega)
- Nidoqueen
- Tyrantrum

I think this is going to end up being my final team, as I'm really happy with it overall. Delphox and Nidoqueen are the obvious weak links but I just don't have it in me to drop my starter, and Nidoqueen is my favorite Gen 1 Pokemon so she will always have a place on my team if I can get one.

So I finished the story! My team was all around level 74 when I faced the champion, so the E4 was overall a bit easy, but there were some nice visuals on display there at least. Overall, the story wasn't quite as good as Black/White's but I felt the companion characters and especially the professor had better roles this time around at least, wish the gym leaders did like B/W though.

Oh, and Shauna is awesome, like the best companion in a Pokémon game ever. Anyone else who's beaten the story will know why, I won't spoil it though. ;)

Anyway, I really enjoyed Pokémon X, there are some issues with it but overall it's probably the best Pokémon experience out there right now.

Well, I finished the story / Defeated the Elite 4 last night, though I wasn't able to post since my internet was stuffing up, it's been a great game, and it was really something I enjoyed, my pokemon were highly over levelled compared to the champion but oh well. I had fun. <3

Level 84 Navi the Sylveon

Level 81 Shinsengumi the Greninja (Shiny...) (Didn't Soft-Reset his 3DS 1,291 Times to Obtain...) I'll post a picture tomorrow when I get my 3DS back...
Level 77 Cornelius the Raichu
Level 78 Mercutio the Roserade
Level 76 Reiki the Lucario
Level 77 Talon the Talonflame

When I said Over levelled, I wasn't joking.
Edited by Sapphire Quill

@@Outkin,

No, not really. It is no different than using a Legendary, or Pseudo-Legendary. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. And it all depends on how you use them. As you can only have 1 mega-evolved pokemon in any battle at any time, that is 1 way they balance it. And if the pokemon faints, but was revived; they can't re-mega evolve.

Some of the megas are better at certain roles than others, but they all have a place, and they all have presence. But they are not super Op. As long as you play smart, you can beat them.Though I'd say Mega charizard y is quite a powerful mega as he gets drought. So that makes sunny day teams super easy to manage. and then there are some obvious threatening megas like Garchomp, Scizor, and Gengar for example.

Also, just because I feel like mentioning my current team for competitive play; I like to use the following:

Goodra: mixed attacker

Charizard Y: Special attack sweep

Sylveon; Wish, Baton passing special defence wall

Avallug: Physical Tank, Rapid spinner

Scizor: Physical sweeper

Tyrantrum: Physical sweeper, stealth rock

I find this team pulls through quite a few team fights with the broad type spread, and useful stabs each can provide. I plan to get a new Physical wall because Avallug has very VERY low special defence, and can't take any kind of hit from such attacks. And with him being just ice, that does give him a few weaknesses that can be easily exploited.

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki

I decided to start over since I ran through the game too fast. Honestly I sort of wish I hadn't in hindsight. I'll get over it.

Can someone trade me a Gastly egg? That'd be awesome.

Has anyone used super evolutions on a fair (read: not AI) oponent? If so, does it unbalance the game or is it just a small bump in the road?

From a competitive standpoint, it's hard to tell how Mega Evolutions will affect the metagame. Giving up your held item is a pretty big deal, so I imagine that it won't be worth using Mega Evolutions for the most part. That being said, there are a few standout Pokemon that seem like they'll do very well. Mega Genger having Shadow Tag is a scary thought, and I wouldn't be surprised if Gengar was sent to Uber. Mega Lucario gaining Adaptability is another candidate for Uber in my opinion. Mega Mawile could become a very big threat with it's strong defensive stats combined with Huge Power. Only time will really teli.

Once again,  90% of people on GTS lack a grasp of common sense. News Flash: Stop asking for Legendaries for even the most common or mundane of pokemon. No will trade you, EVER. Luckily i still managed to get a Chespin and a Houndour from a few sane individuals before finally taking on Victory Road. Just need to go back and get my Blastoise turned HM Slave before I can advance. On a note of HMs, I love that most of the stones you need to use strength to move stay moved instead of me having to carry around someone who can use strength.  

Looking at my team though...I just realized that most of them have a severe allergy to rock. I really hope none of the Elite Four specialize in that or I am screwed.  

Opinions on the post-game content:

Zygarde looks really cool, sure it's a Dragon type but doesn't look anything like one which is cool. Too bad he probably won't end up being a great Pokémon though, at least until the inevitable 3rd version where he'll probably get a buffed forme change or 2.

The friend safari is nice, a cool incentive to build your friends list for different Pokémon to catch at least.

The Battle Maison is about what I expected, at least you can leave now after any battle though rather than having to do 7 at once.

I was expecting the Unknown Dungeon to actually be a dungeon lol, nice you can just go right in and pick up Mewtwo though, saves trouble.

Yay roaming legendary bird, but I got Moltres and not Zapdos which is not quite as exciting lol

Overall it's a little small but it always is with the first iterations of a generation(certainly not as bad as Ruby/Sapphire). I'm sure there's other stuff left to find though, there's certainly Pokémon to raise and clothes to buy at least! :yay:

@,

I feel there are really no issues with the post game. To most people the post game is the online component of the game. The only real issue I have is that there is nothing additional to help with training low level pokemon other than the level 55-58 Victory road pokemon, or the Non-level increasing 64-70 Elite 4 pokemon.

I would of loved to see something like the White Treehollow be put in, as that was a fantastic way to get your pokemon caught up. And even offered a final boss with pokemon at the 80's. But the Battle Maison is pretty nice, much better than the battle subway!

Some people may say they miss the grotto's  but they were horrible if you ask me. they gave a 5% chance for a pokemon, meaning 95% of the time you wont find anything useful. The safari is a godsend compared to the grottos. Not only does the safari offer better chances at more pokemon, at a faster rate, it also initiates a reason to add more friends for pokemon.

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki
  • Brohoof 1

@,

I feel there are really no issues with the post game. To most people the post game is the online component of the game. The only real issue I have is that there is nothing additional to help with training low level pokemon other than the level 55-58 Victory road pokemon, or the Non-level increasing 64-70 Elite 4 pokemon.

I would of loved to see something like the White Treehollow be put in, as that was a fantastic way to get your pokemon caught up. And even offered a final boss with pokemon at the 80's. But the Battle Maison is pretty nice, much better than the battle subway!

Some people may say they miss the grotto's but they were horrible if you ask me. they gave a 5% chance for a pokemon, meaning 95% of the time you wont find anything useful. The safari is a godsend compared to the grottos. Not only does the safari offer better chances at more pokemon, at a faster rate, it also initiates a reason to add more friends for pokemon.

Yeah, I don't really have any issues with it either so far, I was fine with White's after all, I just trained Pokémon and competed in the subway a lot. I'll probably do the same with this, I might use the online features a bit more though. So yeah, there's certainly a lot to do yet for me I'd say.
  • Brohoof 1

So it turns out they didn't mess up Xerneas after all, looking at its Pokédex entry it just has two different 'modes', which I'm guessing that Yveltal has something similar going on then. It's cool I guess, I just love dem rainbow antlers is all. wink.png

Since i just caught Yveltal it does not have two forms. Unless you count the cocoon it is in when you first see it, which it never goes back to. Far as i know atleast.

Xerneas does have two forms, even if it doesn't do much ;p.

And omg i love clothes to! I've spend like over half of the money i get on clothes xD. I feel like such a girl ;p. 

I love being able to customize my character though, finally feels personalized.

Those Rainbow antlers would woo me, as well img-1939032-2-e9FkmL5.png Not sure Yveltal has another form though. Serebii shows two modes for Xerneas, but only one for Yveltal.

As for an icy, eighth gym....eh, we'll see when I get there. Gonna face the fourth gym now.

Btw, Noboru (Lucario) is a great physical striker! Bone rush(and most multi-hit moves) gets really potent after an attack boost. And whenever I give the MegaStone to someone else, Noboru holds Metronome (which boosts the power of consecutively used move). It makes the power of Bone Rush and (especially) Power-up Punch skyrocket img-1939032-3-happy.png  

Yeah Yveltal doesn't have another form.

And Metronome works with multi hit moves? I thought it was only consecutive uses of a move?

Has anyone used super evolutions on a fair (read: not AI) oponent? If so, does it unbalance the game or is it just a small bump in the road?

I don't find it unbalanced, because you can always have one yourself, or just use a counter to it, sure they're all pretty strong, but most really aren't as crazy as they'd seem. 

With the right counters they're not really that hard.

Alot of them i think just fall in OU tier pokemon, a few will probably be ubers if they're not already though.

I don't find they unbalance the game a ton though. 

Now vs the AI, its not really nessary most of the time, but in online battles its fine, and again the megas aren't invincible, some are just stronger then others.

So no, i don't find they break the game or anything. Atleast personally. Alot weaker then i first anticipated.

I decided to start over since I ran through the game too fast. Honestly I sort of wish I hadn't in hindsight. I'll get over it.

Can someone trade me a Gastly egg? That'd be awesome.

I'm pretty slow with my games, i'm at 50 hours and only 7 gym badges ;p.

And i don't have a gastly egg, sorry :(.

Once again,  90% of people on GTS lack a grasp of common sense. News Flash: Stop asking for Legendaries for even the most common or mundane of pokemon. No will trade you, EVER. Luckily i still managed to get a Chespin and a Houndour from a few sane individuals before finally taking on Victory Road. Just need to go back and get my Blastoise turned HM Slave before I can advance. On a note of HMs, I love that most of the stones you need to use strength to move stay moved instead of me having to carry around someone who can use strength.  

Looking at my team though...I just realized that most of them have a severe allergy to rock. I really hope none of the Elite Four specialize in that or I am screwed.  

Omggg I hate that! Seriously, nobody's giving up their Legendaries for your freaking Caterpie or something...

And yeah, i love how HM's aren't required nearly as much anymore. I don't even have to carry any HM slaves anymore. Its awesome :D.

@,

Some people may say they miss the grotto's  but they were horrible if you ask me. they gave a 5% chance for a pokemon, meaning 95% of the time you wont find anything useful. The safari is a godsend compared to the grottos. Not only does the safari offer better chances at more pokemon, at a faster rate, it also initiates a reason to add more friends for pokemon.

Yeah, I heard from friends theres not alot of training you can do.

Of course there is some end game as i've heard, i dunno because i've yet to beat the game but yeah.

It doesn't seem like there is a huge endgame, but theres stuff to do.

Plus online battling and EV training and stuff is much easier to do, so even people who suck at the game like me can get into battling online ;p.

oh and on a side note, i have 7 badges right now, and just caught Yveltal, my team right now is currently..

Blastiose(Rocky) Lvl 60

Delphox (Red Mage) Lvl 62

Gogoat(Sir Snoo) lvl 56

Furfrou(Sophie) lvl 60

Sylveon(Cupid) lvl 64

Vespiquen(Royal pain) lvl 60

So yeah, a bit high lvled, but mostly due to all the taking things slow i've done, and catching lots of pokemon.

• Brohoof 1

And Metronome works with multi hit moves? I thought it was only consecutive uses of a move?

Eeyup! Metronome boosts the power of consecutively used moves, so it works on multi-moves, too. When those type of attacks gain power, it becomes powerful pretty quickly.

Assume metronome gave +10 attack. A single attack with base 100 goes to 110, whereas a multi-move gains that boost and hits multiple times. Even if it only hits twice, you dealt an extra +20 instead of +10. And the difference in power quickly rises after that. Even if I'm horribly off with how attack boosts are allocated, the core of this holds true.

It's also fun with something like power-up punch since it increases the attack stat on it's own and also strengthens from metronome.

Edited by Starlight Sky
  • Brohoof 1