Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

Either you guys are really fast to beat the game in two or three days, or I'm just really slow. Anyway, just demolished the fourth gym leader with my slightly over-leveled team. Now I'm just wasting some time to go back and get a few things I missed now that I have fly. However, I have hit a slight problem: If there's one thing I hate, it's Pokemon you need to trade in order to evolve. With that in mind, would anyone be willing to trade with me so my Spritzee can finally evolve? Preferably with the intention of giving it back afterwards...  

I'd be more than happy to help you with that. I had to get my friend to help me get alakazam, but in return, I evolved his Haunter to gengar. Just let me know how we can trade and stuff and I'll help you out.

I'd be more than happy to help you with that. I had to get my friend to help me get alakazam, but in return, I evolved his Haunter to gengar. Just let me know how we can trade and stuff and I'll help you out.

Really?! Oh, thank you! I have no one near me who owns either game, so I've been fresh out of luck in finding someone to trade with. As far as I can find, we would need to swap Friend Codes in order to trade online outside of the GTS. 

Really?! Oh, thank you! I have no one near me who owns either game, so I've been fresh out of luck in finding someone to trade with. As far as I can find, we would need to swap Friend Codes in order to trade online outside of the GTS. 

No problem, I'm new to the whole GTS thing, as a almost never connect online, only back in the PBR days haha. Do you get a friend code automatically assigned or do I need to register?

Anybody have a female Charmander they'd be willing to trade? Want a Squirtle instead? I just started the game, so It's level 10. Plenty of time to train it with stats games.

c6.gif

If at all interested, please message me in the PM. ^^

No problem, I'm new to the whole GTS thing, as a almost never connect online, only back in the PBR days haha. Do you get a friend code automatically assigned or do I need to register?

Provided you've been online once, your 3DS should already have a Friend Code assigned to it, which you can find on the Friend List from the 3DS main menu (that orange smiley face at the top of the bottom screen). Not sure if you have to register or not to get one... After that, it's as simple as entering each other's Friend Codes, which will appear under the Friend heading on the PSS in-game and selecting trade from there.  

Wow, people sure are fast in beating this new Pokemon. I tend to want to 'savor' games like this and make them last as long as possible. So far I only have a Chespin, Charmander and Fletchling. My Fletchling and Chespin are trying to evolve though. I'm going to keep my Fletchling for a tad bit longer because I love that Pokemon so much, and the reason I haven't evolved my Chespin is, well.

I really don't want to have to endure the period that he's going to be a Quilladin...

I adore Chespin, Chesnaught is okay too I guess, but Quilladin. I guess I'll just have to tough it out, haha xD

Anyway, even though I'm dissapointed there will only be 70 Pokemon this generation, there are a few I really like. I love the fossil pokemon. Ice/fairy has to be one of the coolest typing ever. My team is going to be: Charizard, Talonflame, Goodra, Tyrantum, Aurorus, and Chesnaught. The only problem with this team is that I can only get one fossil pokemon. If anyone has a Tyrunt they want to trade, I would love one derpy_emoticon1.png

The game is overall pretty awesome so far! I love battling in 3d (it feels more like Pokemon Stadium!) and the ability to customize your character. I hope there's a way to take off that weird ponytail the girl player has, though.

Edited by FruitRiver
  • Brohoof 1

(it feels more like Pokemon Stadium)

I know right, though I think of Pokemon XD before Stadium. But I know exactly what you are getting at and I love it.

Though is it just me or is Team Flare the least threatening of any evil organization in pokemon?

Edited by Charcoal Embers
  • Brohoof 2

Warning: MINOR SPOILERS IN THIS POST.

Team Rocket: Steal Pokemon!

Team Aqua: Expand the sea!

Team Magma: Expand the land!

Team Galactic: Create a world inside of the world!

Team Plasma: Libretate Pokemon!

Team Neo Plasma: Freeze over Unova!

Team Flare: F***ing kill everything! (Yes, kill)

• Brohoof 3

I've been playing the heck out of this game all day...just got to Cylladge City, and have 5 out of the 6 Pokémon I want on my team:

Lv 22 Tyrunt, Adamant nature, fully trained in Attack, trained a little in Defense and a lot in Speed

Lvl 20 Honedge, Brave nature, fully trained in Attack, trained a little in HP and a lot in Defense

Lvl 20 Skiddo, Quirky nature(not ideal, but these things were kind of a pain to find for me and this one seemed to have decent IVs), fully trained in Attack, a little in Defense and a lot in HP

Lvl 20 Charmeleon, Hasty nature, fully trained in Attack and Speed, and a tad in Special Attack(like 4)

Lvl 20 Frogadier, Hasty nature, fully Trained in Speed and Special Attack

6th will probably be Eevee evolved into Sylveon, likely Modest and trained in Special Attack, HP, and perhaps Defense.

Also really exploring the environments all I can, so yeah, but there's just so much to do even early in the game, plus I want to get more options to customize my trainer yet. Been playing about 20 hours now and I can see this game holding my attention for a long time. :o

• Brohoof 1

To anyone with Pokemon X and willing.. are you willing to give me the Mega stone "Charizardite X" for my "Charizardite Y"?

ofcourse, ill trade once i have a trade about pokemon that needs to be traded to evolve so its a win win for both sides..

@@Zygen, Seems to be the place to get them! I have not seen one yet.

Thought to be honest, I saw loads and caught a pickachu where as a lot of people never saw one despite being in the same area.

@@KandeeFlaus, The funny thing is, I have done no EV training and not really selected pokemon for any reason what so ever and seem to be able to beat friends who have done a fair amount of EV training :x 

Now I've completed the game I think ill make a decent team, though I have no idea what pokemon to take as when I play, I jsut take the coolest looking pokemon haha

Yeah, alot of pokemon i end up finding later on that i didn't even know existed in a route.

I've caught eevee's though. They're there.

I'm currently at 3 gym badges, 4th gym is like right here ;p.

I'm kinda over lvled, but yeah, thats what happens when you have like 3 boxes full of pokemon ;p.

My pokemon.

Vespiqueen Lvl 39

Delphox lvl 40

Sylveon lvl 37

Furfrou lvl 37

And blastiosie lvl 39

I got rid of absol, because i feel like finding a new member, just gotta figure out who... ;p.

So I'm up to 5 badges at this point.
Not a whole lot to say about my team as it's probably going to really change up once I finish up all the primary content.

So apparently there's 3 possible legendaries; anyone know which one's hardest to catch? Gotta know when to put that master ball to use.

So I'm up to 5 badges at this point.

Not a whole lot to say about my team as it's probably going to really change up once I finish up all the primary content.

So apparently there's 3 possible legendaries; anyone know which one's hardest to catch? Gotta know when to put that master ball to use.

Would probably be Zygarde, since he's the one that isn't mentioned within the game covers and isn't the main legendary. I'd say so.

I'd use the master ball for the wandering birds (Kanto birds are the roamers this time around). I always save my mater ball for those damn roamers.

Found an Eevee on Route 10! Has a Quiet nature, which is fine since it won't really need Speed if it's going to be Sylveon. And also, to my surprise it has Adaptability as its ability... wild Pokémon can have Dream World abilities now? Just amazing, now it can have Synchronize instead of the rather useless Cute Charm. :D

Now time to Super Train this thing, then figure out Pokémon Amie so I can evolve this thing, has Baby-Doll Eyes which is a Fairy move as well so I think I'm good there, this will probably take a while though...

And THEN I can start progressing much faster, hopefully. ^_^

I'd use the master ball for the wandering birds (Kanto birds are the roamers this time around). I always save my mater ball for those damn roamers.

Really? How are they activated? I know I'm saving my Master Ball to try and get a good Zapdos now. :yay: Edited by ~Chaotic SBB~
  • Brohoof 1

The amazing opening, dialogue, and graphics immediately immersed me in Kalos. While Pokemon Amie and Super Training secured it as my favorite. I fully trained Fennekin before Serena's catching tutorial and truly enjoyed bonding with my Braixen in more recreational things.

I can honestly say, Braixen is now my favorite Pokemon. And overall, none of my Pokemon are stat holders like those I prepared in Unova- their my precious partners.

I'm taking my time to fully appreciate and enjoy everything that went into this game. The dialogue, names, geography, and everything else are worth slowing down to discover. Not trying to beat the game; just want to make the most of my journey.

At the moment, we've won two badges. Only two Pokemon are fully trained: Pyre (Braixen) and Bastion (Venasaur) who are both at level 30. I was concerned that their levels were too high before finding the second gym. The wording seems to imply that any Pokemon will stop listening if you don't have the right badges, but a friend of mine says that only applies to traded Pokemon.

For now, I've returned to earlier routes to catch Ralts, Abra, and Inkay. Once I find one's with a complementary nature, I'll super train them all before continuing to the next gym.

Edited by Starlight Sky
  • Brohoof 2

The amazing opening, dialogue, and graphics immediately immersed me in Kalos. While Pokemon Amie and Super Training secured it as my favorite. I fully trained Fennekin before Serena's catching tutorial and truly enjoyed bonding with my Braixen in more recreational things.

I can honestly say, Braixen is now my favorite Pokemon. And overall, none of my Pokemon are stat holders like those I prepared in Unova- their my precious partners.

I'm taking my time to fully appreciate and enjoy everything that went into this game. The dialogue, names, geography, and everything else are worth slowing down to discover. Not trying to beat the game; just want to make the most of my journey.

At the moment, we've won two badges. Only two Pokemon are fully trained: Pyre (Braixen) and Bastion (Venasaur) who are both at level 30. I was concerned that their levels were too high before finding the second gym. The wording seems to imply that any Pokemon will stop listening if you don't have the right badges, but a friend of mine says that only applies to traded Pokemon.

For now, I've returned to earlier routes to catch Ralts, Abra, and Inkay. Once I find one's with a complementary nature, I'll super train them all before continuing to the next gym.

Good team you have so far, and you really don't need to worry about them not obeying you, it does only apply for traded pokemon, though there's a 10 level higher cap for pokemon you have caught (I think.) Though none of these caps apply for starters.

• Brohoof 1

Good team you have so far, and you really don't need to worry about them not obeying you, it does only apply for traded pokemon, though there's a 10 level higher cap for pokemon you have caught (I think.) Though none of these caps apply for starters.

I've never heard of any point where pokemon you've caught yourself would stop listening to you, only traded ones (including ones traded from the NPCs). I do know from experience that the Mystery Gift pokemon DO count as traded; almost had a bad experience on the second gym with a level 31 Combusken...

• Brohoof 1

@@Zygen,haha nice :)

I finished the game days ago, but I went back yesterday and caught 6 eevee's :).

going to make a team eevee to battle with (trying to get sylveon, how long did it take you? its taking forever and she seems to hate all the cakes :c) 

• Brohoof 1

I always save my master ball for usually the third legendary in the trio. I caught xerneas yesterday by damaging it with poison fang thus poisoning it. Threw an ultraball and bang, caught. At this point, i'm in no rush in beating the game. Work is getting in the way so I'm just taking it slow now. Just arrived at the city where the eigth gym leader is. Mostly spent my day yesterday doing link battles.

*SPOILERS*

Where do I go after I go to the Kalos power plant and beat all the Team Flare people and fix said power plant? Don't know where to go next.

Go to the town above the power plant and head whatever direction right is. If memory serves me right, there should be a tunnel there.

• Brohoof 1

*SPOILERS*

Where do I go after I go to the Kalos power plant and beat all the Team Flare people and fix said power plant? Don't know where to go next.

You're supposed to head south from from the power plant and I think you end up at the main city near the gym. You meet one of your friends there.  

• Brohoof 1