Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

rcollinz13

It's sad that people say such hurtful things. One of my very good friends is gay. I don't friggin care! I'm straight but It's his life, why should I change him. He is why I'm a Brony. He is a little weird but I can't say I'm not. He is a great guy, and he shouldn't change for anyone. Nobody should have to change their ways just because people don't like it.

post-24000-0-84925700-1390528327_thumb.jpg

These are the words I live by.

You should to. There's nothing wrong about being gay.

I use it all the time, usually ironically but sometimes out of habit. I call my friends fags when they won't go out drinking with me, and of course I use the words fag and faggot a lot on the internet because lol4chan. And at the same time, you probably will not find a more staunch advocate of gay rights than me (except for tumblr social justice, but fuck those guys, no one likes them). Words have whatever meaning you give them. I use the word "nigga" around my black friends and the word "faggot" around my gay friends because they all understand that i'm not a racist and i'm not homophobic, and most often i use them precisely to make fun of the people that use them seriously

Me to.. I hate haters, especially ignorant bigots. There's nothing wrong with being yourself. Never forget that.

I don't think they really use it with the intent of bashing gay people. I use it a lot because i find it funny and I don't honestly see a problem with it, I call myself and my friends faggots not really associating it with gay people. The fact that people have to explain this to others and their intentions of using the word "gay" makes little sense to me.

I see people calling each other retarded, and while i find that a little harsher, it's not something I can stop, and throwing the word around so much has made it lose it's meaning. People only use it as an offense if the other person considers it one.

I admit I use racial slurs and say gay jokes, but I'm not serious, I personally think it's all stupid that people judge or hate based on race, sexuality, etc.

I'd never make fun of anyone unless they do something really stupid, because I want them not to be stupid, so I put them down with the intent of making them thinking about NOT doing stupid things.

It's just something teenagers do. It's one of those situations where one word has a completely different meaning in certain situations. When someone says "That's gay", they usually mean "That's lame" without any link to homosexuality. Kind of like how "faggot" has turned into a synonym for "douchebag", or how "retard" has turned into a synonym for "idiot". Don't look into it too much; it's just their mentality and most of them don't mean any discrimination when saying it.

I think the problem with this that its become something that is so commonly said by so many people that many people just grow up using it. 

It's not so much that people are trying to be hurtful as much as a habit that has been influenced into their vocabulary.

• Brohoof 2

• 10 months later...

It is pretty stupid. When people seem to use it, they use it in the way of saying "That's stupid". For me, it's just a minor annoyance. Overall, I think people just use it because they don't think about a response and just use the first thing they think of.

It annoys me when people know what it means because it is stupid, I don't see why being gay is a bad, or something you should say to make fun of someone. But when a little kid says it and they don't know what it means, it isn't as bad, as long as they're told why they shouldn't say it etc.

I always saw it as being "That's stupid", and I don't think the kids that say it really have much of a problem with homosexuality. People should probably just pick their words carefully.

I troll homophobes like there is no tomorrow its hilarious. 

"Are you gay f*ggot?"

"Why, you looking for a date?"

"Wha? NO! Suck my d*ck!"

"Getting mixed signals man, do you want to do it or not?"

• Brohoof 2

That phrase is pretty much a constant in Ireland, amongst many others. Since I've come to associate it with pretty much every chavy type douchebag running around the city, I naturally hold the phrase in very little regard, whether or not its used literally. It is something that's annoyingly become ingrained into everyday vocabulary nonetheless...

Eh, i know homosexual people who use gay as an insult. You cant expect everyone in this world to be politically correct. People will find other ways to insult someone, such as using autistic as an insult. Although its scientifically backed that insulting words have a negative affect on you, you cant let everything get to you.

It's just a homophobe's way of saying it's llame or stupid, but to some, they do literally mean to imply a homophobic slur

To be honest, I don't know why that sudden craze was in for the time, it made no sense, and personally, I know others don't mind, but someone, a good majority out there will have their feelings hurt because of it

Now I have seen homosexuals use this on others, do to this day it's an unfortunate saying that will stick around for a while more

Just don't let it get to you, others will always try to find a way to boast themselves and ridicule anyone for their own amusement

I troll homophobes like there is no tomorrow its hilarious.

"Are you gay f*ggot?"

"Why, you looking for a date?"

"Wha? NO! Suck my d*ck!"

"Getting mixed signals man, do you want to do it or not?"

Mine's similar. One time I had a conversation that went like so:

Person: Man, good thing you aren't a fag. I was worried for a moment

Me: No way man, I can't believe you would even think that

Person: Sorry, you're cool, don't worry

Me: So, want some head? No homo.

Anyway, I'm not sure what I think about it. There are people who use it without it meaning gay people, and I know there are those that do. But can we convince people not to say it? Probably not.

If somebody on the internet calls me gay I generally say "yes actually, you find anything wrong with that?".
Even though im not actually gay :P Its very amusing to throw their "insult" (eventhoughitisntaninsultandwhenpeopleuseitasoneitannoysme) back at them.

• Brohoof 1

What I hate more is the word retarded. People do the same thing by saying something is retarded to mean it's dumb or stupid. This word is used a lot to tease people with special needs. It's degrading, and it's basically like referring something you find stupid to a person with a disability. As someone with disabilities myself and having an intellectually disabled best friend, this word is very hurtful and shouldn't be used to refer to something that is dumb or stupid.

• Brohoof 1

It's another insult that people say, trying to act cool and what not.

I personally think, yes, it is offensive.

It bothers me, but I don't really care if someone calls me or what I do gay, because I'm/what I do is not gay, so they are just being stupid.

• Brohoof 1