Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which background pony should have their own episode?

Robert3186

24 users have voted

1. 1. Which background pony should get a speaking roll?

• Octavia
    • Doctor Whooves
    • DJ-PON3
    • Slender pony (o_0)
    • derpy already spoke but MOAR

• 3 weeks later...

Big Mac needs an episode. As for actual background characters, I'd love to see an episode that explores a rivalry between Bon Bon and the Cakes, fighting to be the business that satisfies the cravings for sweets in Ponyville. I'd also like to see who chooses baked goods and who chooses candy.

Of course I'm going to want to say Derpy(look at my username and avatar), but since Derpy has already been featured and made canon, I'll go with Vinyl Scratch because she is my second favorite background pony and an episode featuring her with a canon role would be pretty sweet.

Big Mac, since the rest of the family have their episodes.

But he doesn't really count as a background character...

Doctor Whooves, he should get something. Net necessarily a whole episode, just something like what Derpy got.

I do not think there's needed an episode for just one pony but I would love to see Vinyl Scratch/DJ PON3 and Discord again

I think having one with Lyra and BonBon as roommates (roommares?) would be pretty fun.

And no, nothing romantic would happen. It'd just have a moral about living with someone was different from you.

Ya sure Big Macintosh isn't actually a background character, but I'd love to see an episode with him playing a main part.

He is 2nd best pony after all.

Ya sure Big Macintosh isn't actually a background character, but I'd love to see an episode with him playing a main part.

He is 2nd best pony after all.

Well you're in luck as the next episode features him and Cheerilee.
  • Brohoof 2

The Great and Powerful Trixie demands her own episode!

Seriously though, I wish we'd see more of her this season. I found her to be a deeper character than her one appearance would suggest.

She's boastful yes, but boasting often serves as a defense mechanism for a deep-seated insecurity. What made her so insecure in the first place? Was it being awkward like Twilight was without finding any friends? Maybe she was bullied as a child for excelling at her talent like Rainbow Dash used to be? I'd love to see an episode exploring her childhood trauma and how she builds her stage persona to compensate for it.

Personally, I thought the Mane 6's reactions to her show were uncalled for. It was a magic show after all so some theatricality was to be expected. Her eagerness to humiliate our heroes is understandable given that they just insulted her special talent. Even then, nopony suffers anything more than a bruised ego unlike the mane cast who all go off the deep end at one point or another when their talents are questioned.

She has the potential to be a very tragic yet heroic character who underwent hardship but refuses to let it ruin her life.

It would be funny if Vinyl Scratch was related to Shining Armor and had to come to terms with her royal roots.

I notice Big Macintosh is a popular choice around here, so it's worth pointig out Lauren Faust pitched an episode where BM's passive "Eeyup" apporoach to life caused problems between the opinionared female members of the Apple family.

I want to say Derpy Hooves, but I'd much rather have a background story on Octavia. Could she really be related to Pinkie Pie?

We absolutely need to see more of Daring Do following today's episode.

The trouble, of course, is that she is a fictional character within an already-fictional universe. I don't know how they could really bring her back as she exists only within books, and the idea is for the MLP:FiM to be about Equestria, not worlds within Equestria's books.

But still, this is too epic to not be given a second look. If Hasbro and DHX Media decide to let Daring Do be a one-timer, I'm sure the fandom will do something awesome with her.

Posted Image

Source: http://willdrawforfood1.deviantart.com/art/Daring-Do-283228799

We absolutely need to see more of Daring Do following today's episode.

The trouble, of course, is that she is a fictional character within an already-fictional universe. I don't know how they could really bring her back as she exists only within books, and the idea is for the MLP:FiM to be about Equestria, not worlds within Equestria's books.

But still, this is too epic to not be given a second look. If Hasbro and DHX Media decide to let Daring Do be a one-timer, I'm sure the fandom will do something awesome with her.

Posted Image

Source: http://willdrawforfo...ng-Do-283228799

A spin off series based on the Rainbowdash reading the books?

It must be done.

ps. I like your new persona Feld. ;D