Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did Twilight and her horn grow?

MLPFanatic34

I had a bit about this in my blog of the episode. Yes, she is growing.

As for Twilight, it seems to me that she is getting a little bit taller with each passing episode.
post-2257-0-90814200-1388648705_thumb.jpg
Pinkie and Twilight are standing on the same plane. The following lines from bottom to top (running right to left from Twilight's end) are back of the leg, base of the tail, snout, and top of the ear. She's gained quite a lot of height.

• Brohoof 1

I noticed that as well!

Her body structure has changed too, I noticed that she used to be plump looking, but now she is taller and more slender looking. :3
Maybe she'll grow. :D

I noticed that in the video clip posted above that Twilight's horn got longer after she cast the spell. Either this is an animation error or perhaps Twilight grows with each spell she casts. 

Now that would be an interesting episode. Twilight has to stop using magic and find other ways of getting things done or else risk appearing vastly different, becoming alienated and treated different by growing from an average pony to someone of Celestia's size. And the lesson of the story can be one that give's Celestia a little depth as well, that just because you're growing up doesn't mean you have to stop doing what you love or change who you are, and regardless of whether you get treated differently, it doesn't mean you cant be the same to the friends who stood beside you along the way.  

Now that sounds like a season ender!

• Brohoof 1

You know, that is strange. It did grow after that first attempt to shoo away the fruit bats, as she grows stronger with her magic undergoing changes, her physical appearance changes as well from her body due to her horn and her size.

And I agree with Denim&Venom, if it is made into an actual episode or a 2 or 3-part story arc in the show or in season 4 by any means, it should definitely be about Twilight suddenly realizes that her magic as it changes and grows stronger along with her body and forbids herself to use her magic to find new ways of solving issues in life, leading her to become alienated and being temporary cut off from society from the changes made to her and that should show Celestia that her change might be more of a curse rather than a blessing and she has to admit to Twilight that she never thought of something as horrific as that could happen as well as telling her that it doesn't matter if she's being treated the opposite of what others wanted her to treat them, it still can't be said the same for her friends who have been with her by her side ever since she met them. This should be something of a longer story-arc as a new season premiere or finale sometime later in the near future.

Growing up and facing your own changes with a little help from your friends is definitely something that Twilight is going to take into account sometime later in  season 4 or later on in the next few seasons coming up should the episode get off the ground somehow.

• Brohoof 1

One thing to keep in mind

for her "growth" given now

she has wings is her body

could be adapting the

growth say in the chest area

and behind so her muscles can

support the wings and so 

they can also work say in

like flying and etc.

Which also the rest of her body

might be changing also along

with the sudden growth 

of her muscles but we have seen

unicorns also a bit bigger than normal

ponies: Fleur Dis Lee is one of them.

I don't Twilight will become as big as

Luna per say but more to that of something

like Princess Cadance in size.  

So...are you saying after meeting Flash Sentry, somepony she's attracted to, her horn grew?

nudge-nudge-monty-python-105.jpg

But in all seriousness, Twilight has received a clear redesign for season 4.

• Brohoof 2

Twilight has definitely grown. Celestia knows how big she'll get, but I think most of you are right in saying that she'll grow to get to Cadances size, especially when you compare young Cadance to Cadance now. It's obviously becoming extremely possible.

My thinking is that in an episode of Season 4, she sees Cadance/Shining Armour again and one will compliment her on how big she's grown. I imagine the scene playing out somewhat like this:

Shining Armour: Twily! Look how big you've gotten!

Twilight: *confused* What..?

Cadance: Well, you are an alicorn now. You'll be as big as me soon!

Or something like that anyway :P

• Brohoof 1

Twilight has definitely grown. Celestia knows how big she'll get, but I think most of you are right in saying that she'll grow to get to Cadances size, especially when you compare young Cadance to Cadance now. It's obviously becoming extremely possible.

My thinking is that in an episode of Season 4, she sees Cadance/Shining Armour again and one will compliment her on how big she's grown. I imagine the scene playing out somewhat like this:

Shining Armour: Twily! Look how big you've gotten!

Twilight: *confused* What..?

Cadance: Well, you are an alicorn now. You'll be as big as me soon!

Or something like that anyway :P

Sounds about right. Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if she took this the wrong way, as with her new build, most ponies will be expecting her to act like Princess Celestia and thus treat her as such. And if I know Twilight, which I rightly don't, she'll be a bit hard pressed to take it all with good humour. Expectancy can be a bad thing when it's all forced on one person, or in this case, one pony. It may even lead to a stage where she will have had enough of it. However, only time will tell.

• Brohoof 2

I'll be honest.  I'm not happy with Twilight's new look.  I was hoping she would maintain the same proportions as the rest of the Mane 6 for now.  Fluttershy and RD don't need to be taller or thicker for their wing musculature.  For Season 4, at least, I was hoping Twi would look exactly the same except for the addition of wings. 

Instead, she looks like a giraffe...or a goose. :P

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 2

I agree with @Wingnut in that I'm not crazy about her new look. The larger wings are one thing. I was thinking I could get used to them, but her slightly longer horn has proven to be very distracting for me, and her slight increase in height rubs me the wrong way too. I still love Twilight for who she is but her cuteness factor dropped a bit. :P

And because this is relevant:

full.jpeg

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 4

I will certainly bet on yes because of some reasons *not only because it appears that she has grown a bit taller*. 

Think about it right? She is an alicorn now and most of the alicorns we have seen in the show are bigger and have a longer horn as well. She just now turned into one and also time has pasted on by so the conclusions all point to her being taller and having a longer horn. You can see a slight difference too if you hadn't noticed already.

I hope this will answer to your question:

img-2180890-1-lVrH9Ym.jpg
As you can see, everything grown up.

Whoops... and that pic. ^ would explain everything ....  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I was wondering about Twilight's height as well. I think she looks noticeably taller in some shots and the same height in others. I'm not really sure what is going on but I think it would make sense if she did become a little more proportional to other alicorns.

Edited by Rare

I guess my 2D art eye tends to catch these changes easier then some but I thought that change was kinda obvious since her transformation. She's not as tall as Cadence but she's defiently a couple inches taller then her friends and yes her horn is defiently longer hehe

I hope this will answer to your question:

img-2180890-1-lVrH9Ym.jpg

As you can see, everything grown up.

Edit: Also, her mane color seems to be slightly lighter, dunno why. o_O

Also, isn't her chest more "fleshed out"?  Wait...did I just...?

Yeah, let's pretend I wasn't the first person to notice that, okay?

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the bump (Even if that isn't a rule here like i'm used to on other forums, I still do apologize), but am I the only one that thinks that she isn't getting taller with each passing episode? If anyone has proof on that, i'd like to see it. However, from what I've seen, she is still the same height since the premier of season 4.

Also, TwilightDreamer and Denim&Venom, those ideas would make for an excellent episode. Props to you guys.

Sorry for the bump (Even if that isn't a rule here like i'm used to on other forums, I still do apologize), but am I the only one that thinks that she isn't getting taller with each passing episode? If anyone has proof on that, i'd like to see it. However, from what I've seen, she is still the same height since the premier of season 4.

Also, TwilightDreamer and Denim&Venom, those ideas would make for an excellent episode. Props to you guys.

She totally is.  Here's a shot of her with Rarity in season 2:

Twilight,_Rarity,_Pinkie,_and_Rainbow_si

Twilight was actually shorter than Rarity.  Now let's look at how tall Twilight is now:

post-3094-0-69167400-1390053801_thumb.png

Yeah, she's taller.  Either she hit one last growth spurt, or the magic that turned her into an alicorn also made her grow taller.

I meant that I think she hasn't gotten taller since the start of season 4. Some people have mentioned that Twilight is getting taller every episode (See SolarFox's post on the last page as an example). I already can see that she grew when she became an Alicorn, but not any size difference since.

Sorry for the confusion lol.

Edited by NezPPTS

• 2 years later...

I am convinced that every Alicorn is basically a suped up combination of a unicorn, pegasus, and earth pony.  As they age they grow until fully realized of their potential with their incredible power reflecting in their mane and tail.  Anyway long story short when Twilight transformed she gained the muscle build of an earth pony with wings oddly shaped with a bigger structure than most pegasi to get her heavier body off the ground.  This is just a theory of course.