Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Bands/Singers You Like That Get A Lot Of Hate?

Moonlight

Personally, here are some of my favorite singers/bands that seem to get some hate:

• Linkin Park
  • Adele

Those are actually the ones off the top of my head; most people seem to be neutral on bands/singers I enjoy.

So...how about you all?

post-15132-0-35639600-1375819832.gif

post-15132-0-35639600-1375819832.gif

• Brohoof 6

Pretty much all sorts of music gets hate from different kinds of people. If we are talking about the elitists here, then I can't name any.

But if we are talking about the stuff that the mainstream audience hates, then I would list practically everything I like. Some common ones though:

Every Grindcore band I like

Every Emo band I like

Every Screamo band I like

You know what, pretty much everything within Metal and Hardcore Punk music

Oh, and everything that incorporates growling and screaming

Everything within electronic music that isn't just pure wanking material (aka everything that isn't electro-house/progressive-house)

Anime OP's and OST's

Everything within Hip Hop that isn't mixed with Pop influences

Post and atmospherical music

That's the ones I can think of now

• Brohoof 2

Coldplay. Accusations that they copy Radiohead, or that Joe Satriani was right, piss me off. I think their music is really good, and original. No one seems to like their new album, but I love it. Chris Martin has a great singing voice (but I will admit he's pretty cocky) and almost every melody they come up with is memorable and musically appealing.

Another one is Owl City. He is generally dismissed as one of those mainstream shit artists, especially when the name is followed by something like "ft Carly Rae Jepsen". But I think he's really good. His tracks have that "late night walk home" feel to it, if that makes any sense, and I like those.

Also Nickelback. Just kidding, nobody likes Nickelback.

Edited by Flipturn Armando
  • Brohoof 5

I like Linkin Park, and T.I. even if people do hate them. I don't really care about the hate even if, people want to tell me that they aren't good at all. I could care less about the hate.

• Brohoof 2

I like extreme metal, post-hardcore (mostly from the 80's and 90's) and some screamo (most people don't know what actual screamo is) so yea pretty much all that stuff gets hated on by people who are like "OMG if it's not Led Zeppelin or Queen it's not real music".

Pretty much all sorts of music gets hate from different kinds of people. If we are talking about the elitists here, then I can't name any.

But if we are talking about the stuff that the mainstream audience hates, then I would list practically everything I like. Some common ones though:

Every Grindcore band I like

Every Emo band I like

Every Screamo band I like

You know what, pretty much everything within Metal and Hardcore Punk music

Oh, and everything that incorporates growling and screaming

Everything within electronic music that isn't just pure wanking material (aka everything that isn't electro-house/progressive-house)

Anime OP's and OST's

Everything within Hip Hop that isn't mixed with Pop influences

Post and atmospherical music

That's the ones I can think of now

It's because normal people can't handle the screams/growls/etc. Normal people have no taste, then they insult our taste and refer to us as "snobs". I had a friend like that a while back.

• Brohoof 1

Seriously I haven't noticed that much hate about most of the stuff I like because like it's like sky that's over my head and I really don't pay attention to it much. Sometimes I look up and notice it but not that often.

I like some songs from Justin Beiber, Nicki Minaj, Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake, Waka Flocka and Pitbull. 

• Brohoof 1

Korn, dint know why they get so much hate but they do, one of the best bands to come from the 90's abd still making albums think they are on 11 or 12 now

• Brohoof 1

Korn 

Nickleback- I really don't see how this band gets so much hate.   Their new albums are pretty bad, but their older albums "Silver Side Up" and "All the Right Reasons" were great albums.  (though it seems the hate is really just a huge joke.  I'm very confused about weather or not the hate is actually real)

Creed- I really love the album "Human Clay

Slayer- the simplistic guitar parts work for the band's songs.  (Though I think the main reason they get hate is because of the rabid fans.)

Justin TImberlake- He has some good songs.  I really like his live performances.

Owl City- He is often just put in with the mainstream pop, but he really is talented at what he does.  

Edited by Dusty Soul
  • Brohoof 3

An artist I love that get's a lot of hate is Taylor Swift. I understand that her relationships are often fickle but she is just so talented and lovely.

Ellie Goulding seems to get a lot of hate from my friends but that might be because I never shut up about her.

• Brohoof 2

Black Veil Brides. They were pretty much my first non-mainstream artist I liked. Before them I only liked radio stuff. I think I only really started listening to them because the girl I had a crush on wore nothing but Black Veil Brides shirts. I ended up actually liking them. After being a fan for 3 years, I do acknowledge the fact that they sound generic. However, they were like a gateway band for me. I've come to like SO many new bands(Avenged Sevenfold, Motionless in White, Old 80's/90's rock bands, ect.) because of the fact the I liked Black Veil Brides. I  just decided randomly to give them a chance. Yes, it was pretty much just so I could tell the girl I liked that I liked them too, but oh well. Yes, they're not the best band In the world, I know that. But I like them, and that's good enough for me. There's just something about their music (first cd especially) that I find nostalgic. Nostalgia makes everything better, as we all know.

Also, as you can tell from my username I like Falling in Reverse. I've gotten lots of flak for that too. But who cares? I like what I like, and that's more than good enough for me. You wonderful people enjoy what you enjoy, and I'll do just the same, and we'll all get along just fine! Love and Tolerate!   :)

Edited by ReverseFaller
  • Brohoof 1

I could name many artists: but I think personally most people who dislike what I like just have a different taste to me most of the time.

I’m on a music forum I joined recently to discuss and meet people who share my tastes in music: and lots and lots of people there seem to know and love the same stuff I also love, and I've yet to come across someone who says something bad about a song I like on that forum.

So so far nobody hates on the music I love if they are into the styles I'm into :)

Edited by Asherdangerdash
  • Brohoof 2

I really like Weezer, and I sometimes feel like the only one who does.
Even their fans say that they haven't made an album that's beaten one of their first albums 'Pinkerton'.
I even remember reading an article about how some of their fans were raising money for them to break up because of this reason?!

But I really enjoy a lot of their songs, and most of them were released after Pinkerton, especially Pork and Beans, Dope Nose, Buddy Holly, Memories, Troublemaker and more.

I think they have a really unique style and sound and have a great ability to produce really catchy and memorable songs and melodies.

I just wish Rivers Cuomo was a better lyricist

Edited by Broseph
  • Brohoof 2

Coldplay: Don't really want to be redundant, but basically everything said.

Owl City: Adam Young is really good at making songs, and he uses such a pretty vocabulary in his lyrics.

Adele: I still don't know why a lot of people don't like her; she's an amazing singer.

Florence + the Machine: Pretty much the same thing I said for Adele for this one (although I do her music more than Adele's; not that it matters though)

No one seems to like their new album, but I love it.

I love it as well; I'm actually listening to it right now. :P 

• Brohoof 3

Coldplay: not going to be a broken record

Linkin Park: They have some pretty good stuff

Greenday: Again they have some pretty good stuff

Pink Floyd: I'm talking about people in general here, they hear the name Pink Floyd and they assume it is "stoner" music

• Brohoof 2

Anything metal, hardcore, post-rock, or any generally underground extreme genre of music. People can't take the distorted vocals, I guess. You're all missing out~

Within the realms of metal, I like a band called Periphery. They have a fairly annoying and rabid fanbase, and get alot of hate for being the "sellouts" and "ruination" of heavy music as we know it. Who gives a fuck?

Outside that, I think that My Chemical Romance was a pretty damn fine band. With the exception of their crap sophomore album, their work managed to be dark and mysterious, and have alot of undertones and concepts hidden in their albums. I liked their guitarwork alot, too. Maroon 5 used to be a legitimate pop-rock group, that I quite liked. Now they just make radio-pop crap, which makes me sad.

• Brohoof 1

I like... Uhm...

Britney Spears

She just has some really catchy songs. "If U Seek Amy" (which is genius, by the way), "Toxic", and "Circus" are all good songs.

I liked Toxic, I don't hate her other songs, just dislike them a little bit. I remember, I had this game a few years back where I could drum it or something on some little drum controller. It was the best game ever, you could even play the theme of DBZ

Also, I like the background of the song 'Rise and Shine' (Blood On The Dance Floor) Which, some of their songs get well deserved hate, but that one is pretty good excluding the vocals.

• Brohoof 1

Blood on the Dance Floor is definetly one of the most hated bands. I love botdf though and through them on Youtube I learned about Black Veil Brides and that just spread to so many other bands. Some of their old stuff I dont like that much, but I think they have been getting much better throughout the past few years, and moving away from the sexual subjects and to subjects like bullying and stuff like that.

• Brohoof 1

Linkin Park, they have a lot of amazing songs, I don't really like most of their older stuff though, which is what most people think of when they deride them as a band for moody teenagers. Most people have only heard one or two songs, and make up their minds from just that.

Almost everything I like (which is a hell of a lot of different things) is stuff that 'normal' people hate, I grew up and live in a place where anything that's different is shunned. People are so scared of things that sound weird or different.

• Brohoof 2

Green Day is a band that I've absolutely loved since high school and I still enjoy listening to them even to this day but how ever their three recent albums haven't been their best work and not to mention that everyone rips on them for not being punk anymore, but regardless they will always be a awesome band.

• Brohoof 4

Only one comes to mind: Nickleback. I'll admit, they aren't the greatest, but they've got some pretty good songs out there. I mean, a lot of there more recent work isn't as good or unique as it could be, but their older stuff actually is pretty good. For a while, Savin' Me was my favorite song. I can kinda see why people don't like them, but the level of hate they get is completely illogical. Why can't we put that hate where it actually belongs: Bieber and One Direction?  :lol:

• Brohoof 2

• Insane Clown Posse: I haven't listened to them in forever but I still like them. :x

Linkin Park: Haven't listened to them in forever either... But I like a lot of their old songs. Everyone seems to be randomly hating them now.

Disturbed: Probably one of my favorite bands.

Nickelback: I've never really been a fan of them, I just listen to them sometimes when they come on the radio. Photograph and How You Remind Me really make me feel nostalgic, especially How You Remind Me. :/

• Brohoof 3

Paul McCartney seems to get some hate, because people claim he only writes meaningless love songs. 1. He writes so much more than that and 2. What's wrong with trying to fill the world with silly love songs? A lot of people hate his post-Beatles band, Wings, too, which I don't get. He may not get that much hate, but he's really the only one I can think of that fits this bill.

I like Coldplay and Adele, but I don't wanna repeat others.

Also, it's a song, not an artist, but I like the infamous Revolution 9.

Also...I, uh, like a few Lady Gaga songs...

• Brohoof 1

I like the old Linkin Park, back when they were dark and actually a metal band. I like Limp Bizkit's stuff. Don't quite get the hate on those guys, especially Fred Durst. I like the early Avril Lavigne stuff, back when she was pop rock, instead of just pop. I also liked some of the stuff on Madina Lake's first album. And I like music from periods in a bands career when they weren't as well received. I enjoyed the songs off of Metallica's St.Anger, Machine Head's Supercharger and Judas Priest's Juggulator. Those albums are heavy, brutal and creative. All worth defending.

I wouldn't really count heavy metal, punk and hardcore as being hated, cause those genres still have large numbers of fans. I'm pretty sure 100,000 people showing up to a metal festival pretty much debunks heavy metal as being hated.

I like the old Linkin Park, back when they were dark and actually a metal band.

Agreed. Their newer stuff is nice, but the older albums were awesome!  

I like Coldplay, and this is the first time I've heard of hate on them. People actually hate them? Why? D: