Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Princess Skyla is real, would she be rude or join the CMC?

Speedy_Dashie

Skyla's just a So Soft toy that has nothing to do with the show, a lot of MLP G4 toys have absolutely nothing to do with the show. So neither.

Still, it would be an interesting episode if a royal filly (it doesn't have to be Skyla) interacted with the CMC's. The only problem is that the CMC's have already faced rude, spoiled brats and bullies. The royal thing would add a new level, but the writers would have to mix it up, maybe not even make her stuck up at all.

If she is real and not a fanon there is a chance she could be rude like Diamond Tiara & Silver Spoon, or she could join the CMC. Anything is POSSIBLE. What do you guys think?

It wouldn't really matter because I think I would stop watching the show at that point.  Hasbro's got me at about a 7.  You don't want to see me at a 10.

Hasbro has fucked us points:

Remove Derpy:  - 0.5

Fighting is magic down:  - 1

Twilicorn: - 2

EQG: - 3.5

total:  7

Skyla:  (would be -3)

I leave at 10 points.  4 points are removed every year.

Edited by John
  • Brohoof 1

I just don't think that they'll make a toy that's Princess Cadence and Shining Armor's daughter and not include her!! :)

The other toys who haven't been shown are just random ponies they made up for toys and have no importance to the show whatsoever. A character like Skyla has potential so so speak.

But I don't think she'll be in the CMC. If she's presented in Season 4 she'll look like the Baby Cakes, so the CMC will already have their cutie mark by the time Skyla becomes their current age. :(

It will be interesting if she is candace and shining armor's foal, but she probably won't even interfere with the cmc because she is might live in caterlot for the rest of her lives and will be younger than them. Also, she won't have a bully personality like Diamond Tiara and Sliver Spoon does because that will make her a genderbend and younger Prince Blueblood.

If Hasbro want to include her in the series, they better have a different color scheme because her current one now is just awful.

First off, I would not mind Skyla being put into the show. For some reason, the first Alicorn born in a thousand years just sounds like a good idea.

As for who she would join. I believe Princess Skyla would not join Diamond Tiara/ Silver Spoon or the CMC. For one, to what we know Skyla is Shining Armor and Cadences daughter. It would be pretty odd if they just gave them a daughter and not explain how she is that old.

If Skyla is put into the show, she well have a baby form. I don't get why people keep thinking she would be that old?

So Skyla would join Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake.

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 2

It would be surprising to have her as Shining Armor and Cadence's foal but, I don't see that happening. But, it sounds interesting. Even, if it isn't connected to Season Four.

It wouldn't really matter because I think I would stop watching the show at that point.  Hasbro's got me at about a 7.  You don't want to see me at a 10.

Hasbro has fucked us points:

total:  7

Skyla:  (would be -3)

I leave at 10 points.  4 points are removed every year.

Are you a Bureaucrat? I can only imagine someone like Hermies systemising something such as time until they stop watching a show xP

More likely than not if she's in the show she'll be an infant baby. If she is a filly though and behaves like a bully, brat, or takes away from other good characters, I may be tempted to break the 4th wall and punch her sorry flank all the way to Tartarus.

I personally don't even want her to be in the show period. That color scheme is horrible. Luckily, she's just a toy, and I doubt they are going to put her in the show.

The image in the top post (along with much other fanart I've seen) isn't accurate; the original looks better. It can look pretty nice depending on how it's handled.

princess_skyla_by_srsishere-d5aim3e.png

And remember that the toys and the show don't exactly agree on "official colors"...

7.jpg20130801185759!Pink_Princess_Celestia_to

Anyway, for the general discussion...Since Twilicorn is a new thing to explore, I can see Skyla being introduced so the writers can go into detail on what exactly alicorns are. Cadence's alicornhood is still unknown after all...she may come from a lineage of "powerful alicorns by birth".

But in regards to the CMC, indeed, she'd only be a baby. It's possible for her to catch up to their general age range, but it'd have to be at least another season or two.

Wait, was she even confirmed as Cadence's daughter in the first place? :huh:

• Brohoof 2

Don't Shining Armor and Princess Cadence live in the Crystal Empire?
If Princess Skyla is born (which is highly unlikely) she would live in the Crystal Empire, meaning she might not even see Pumpkin Cake and Pound Cake until Cadence visits Twilight (who knows when that'll happen?)

Edited by Togetic

Anyway, for the general discussion...Since Twilicorn is a new thing to explore, I can see Skyla being introduced so the writers can go into detail on what exactly alicorns are. Cadence's alicornhood is still unknown after all...she may come from a lineage of "powerful alicorns by birth".   But in regards to the CMC, indeed, she'd only be a baby. It's possible for her to catch up to their general age range, but it'd have to be at least another season or two.  

It's good to see someone else aggress that if Skyla is put in the show, she will be a baby and maybe even an alicorn.

Also Cadence's alicornhood has been explained. The Chrystal Heart book explains how she became an alicorn. Cadence's was born a pegasus at first.

Another thing, I don't think she would be able to catch up to the CMC in age. If she's aging that means the CMC would age also. So they would never be the same age.

Wait, was she even confirmed as Cadence's daughter in the first place?

Kinda. On the back of the box of the toy, it says that Skyla is the daughter of Cadence's and Shining Armor. So that is where it come from.

Don't Shining Armor and Princess Cadence live in the Crystal Empire? If Princess Skyla is born (which is highly unlikely) she would live in the Crystal Empire, meaning she might not even see Pumpkin Cake and Pound Cake until Cadence visits Twilight (who knows when that'll happen?)

Very true. They do live in the Crystal Empire and may not visit for some time, but maybe the twins come along to the Crystal Empire with Pinkie Pie to see the new baby and them to make a friend who is around their age.

If your wondering why I said, Skyla would join Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake. I was just saying that if Skyla was put into the show, she would be the same age as them and would not be the form that is on the box.

COUGH COUGH

288406__safe_derpy%2Bhooves_magical%2Bmy

They were forced to do it or they would lose their copyright. Trust me, they didn't want it down any more then we wanted to.

Don't judge things right now. Twilicorn could be awesome.

I liked EQG. In fact, you have to admit, Get Up Get Down / Helping Twilight Win the Crown is one of the best songs of MLP.

On that subject, if Skyla is canon, then it would be interesting to see her be CMC.

• Brohoof 4

It's good to see someone else aggress that if Skyla is put in the show, she will be a baby and maybe even an alicorn.

Also Cadence's alicornhood has been explained. The Chrystal Heart book explains how she became an alicorn. Cadence's was born a pegasus at first.

Another thing, I don't think she would be able to catch up to the CMC in age. If she's aging that means the CMC would age also. So they would never be the same age.

Kinda. On the back of the box of the toy, it says that Skyla is the daughter of Cadence's and Shining Armor. So that is where it come from.

Thanks for all the explanations! I'm so behind on anything not in the show...

Not age though - age range. Let's say fillyhood lasts from age 0 to age 10 - if the CMC are five and Skyla is zero, then they can still be reasonable playmates at ages 9 and 4. The CMC would still be older and might even assume a mentor role, but they'd still be roughly the same size as her.

The only issue is how long it would take the CMC to get their cutie marks. In real life, it wouldn't be unusual to discover a talent during high school age, but since cutie marks are a bigger thing in the pony universe, that might be a bit too long. Still, I wouldn't put it past the writers to leave at least one CMC who reaches the end of her fillyhood before getting a cutie mark.

The writers could also opt for Comic Book Time/Not Allowed to Grow Up. From what I remember, there haven't been any indications that the writers specifically want to show time passing/characters aging. There have been seasons, birthdays and flashbacks, but nothing specific like ages or dates have really been mentioned (aside from 1 year old Gummy and 1 month old baby Cakes). Fillies generally have more to add to the plot than babies, so they might let the babies grow up a bit while freezing everyone else's ages.

I think it would be interesting....come on people, Shining Armor and Princess Cadence's foal. HELLO!  ^_^ 

I would be excited about it....yaaaay a wub child! /)O3O(\
Sadly....she's only a toy....but if she was real, i'd say she'd take after her parents; kind and noble. Hard to imagine her being a mean stuck up like Diamond Tiara for example. But chances of her being in the CMC? I say neigh!

Like those fillies hang about Canterlot..... :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 1

Not age though - age range. Let's say fillyhood lasts from age 0 to age 10 - if the CMC are five and Skyla is zero, then they can still be reasonable playmates at ages 9 and 4. The CMC would still be older and might even assume a mentor role, but they'd still be roughly the same size as her.  

That could be, but we don't really know the ages of the CMC. I always thought they were about 8 or 9 about now. So they won't be fillies for much longer and may not have time to hang out with younger ponies. That's why I think if Skyla is born, Pound and Pumpkin should be her friends. In the same age range and have time to be friends.

Also I don't think that the CMC should be mentors to anypony looking for their cutie mark.

The writers could also opt for Comic Book Time/Not Allowed to Grow Up. From what I remember, there haven't been any indications that the writers specifically want to show time passing/characters aging. There have been seasons, birthdays and flashbacks, but nothing specific like ages or dates have really been mentioned (aside from 1 year old Gummy and 1 month old baby Cakes). Fillies generally have more to add to the plot than babies, so they might let the babies grow up a bit while freezing everyone else's ages.

Don't foret we also had Twilight birthday and Pinkie Pie's birthday.

As for the rest I still feel Pound and Pumpkin in baby form can still add much to the world of Equestria. Because they are so smart and can understand very well, things can be explained to them easily and they would get it quickly.

Well like it has been said before Skyla isn't on the show, but if she was on the show she would probably be to young to join the CMC. After all in her toy form she is presented as a "so soft newborn" . 

It does make you wonder if she isn't supposed to be Princess Candence's daughter since her design hints at that heavily. 

She's just a toy and like many others have already stated on here, toys and merchandise of Hasbro usually have hardly any little if any at all, relevance to the show.

I personally wouldn't want her on the show. I mean she'll be way too young for onw, and two....she seems like Sweetie Belle, with an entirely different color scheme and pegasi wings and a horn.

Ewwwwwww 

Edited by Sanderspie

I thought that she was a unicorn at first?  The flashbacks in A Canterlot Wedding show her having a horn but no wings.

On subject, as others have pointed out there are a lot of ponies that only exist as toys. Skyla, despite fan rumors otherwise, so far has been one of those.

I thought that she was a unicorn at first? The flashbacks in A Canterlot Wedding show her having a horn but no wings.

On subject, as others have pointed out there are a lot of ponies that only exist as toys. Skyla, despite fan rumors otherwise, so far has been one of those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7apTh8IjLE

Look again.

But your not to wrong about this. Organelle they wanted to make Cadence's a unicorn, but I think Hasbro wanted them to make her an alicorn.

Also true, there are many different toys that aren't in the show, but Skyla is one of the few toys that has a connection to characters in the show. Sunset Summers was just a toy at first, but they gave her a role in EQG. Not cannon. But I still feel if they can put her into a movie than they can put Skyla is the show.

Edited by pinkiefan1287