Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do you like MLP?

Harmony Spark

The community. Where do I begin? This is the first and only fandom I've ever been in that has the most creative people I've ever seen. Just look at all the art, music, fanfics, animation...the list goes on. And everyone is so nice and non judgemental here, you can't help but stick with this community. To think, a show about colorful magical ponies brings so many people together. It's mind boggling just to think about it.

Also, just the whole concept of the show is intriguing. A magical world where fantasy creatures, for the most part, live in harmony. They live a simple day to day life just like us humans do. Not only that, but six friends go on adventures while seeking one thing: the magic of friendship. When you really look at the show, there is complexity there, development. Most children's shows don't have this element (no pun intended). They are just created for the sole purpose of entertaining young minds with little plot structure or character development. This show is not like any other, this show is pure storytelling. That is what many people want right? A story to listen to, a fictional land where people like me can escape to, away from the stresses of everyday life.

I am so blessed to be a part of this community, and I will be here for years to come.

Edited by ThatAwkwardBookworm
  • Brohoof 1

You guys watch that little girls' show? :eww:

I mean, really...it's for the same reason I like Zelda, Skyrim, Louis L'Amour books.....I just do :)

I just brony because I brony. :)

similar to yours, but also for the fandom. How ironic that a show about ponies can bring grown men and women together, from those in the military to those who don't believing fighting, from those who have a large family with many children, to those who shall never find love, from the businessmen to the artists, we all share a bond, and that is what I love about MLP:FIM.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, first off.

My name is Zach and I'm working on an assignment for a college course. I'm not a brony or fan of MLP myself, but I have a question for any who are willing to answer.

I mean this with no disrespect; why MLP? What is it about MLP that pulls you in and brought you to the brony community?

Answers will not be posted on a blog or anything like that; this is strictly for a quick analysis that will be going to my professor. (as well as my own curiosity)

Thanks!

• Brohoof 3

Hi my friend =)=) and welcome here on MLP Forums =)=)=)=)  

as for your question I like watch the show because it is happy show and it makes me happy =)=)=) and the animation and plots are really exciting =)=)=)=) Characters are deep and very relatable. On top of the cake the brony community here is very nice and friendly  =)=) I like it =)=)=)

• Brohoof 2

Hmmmmmmmmmmm............I don't know if I would be good subject material. I enjoy the show. But I don't really talk about it, even here. Hmmmm, to tell the truth I don't know why I enjoy the show. The characters are just kind of "fun" if that makes any sense. As for the Forum, I only joined recently and I've found most members to be quite enjoyable conversationalists. I haven't really met anyone on here yet that I would classify as falling under the title "brony". But I haven't talked with everyone on this forum, and mostly reply to the creative sections and general discussions. So once again not sure I'm any use in this study. But good luck & if you finish your assignment I would be happy to read the final result.

Edited by The Professor
  • Brohoof 3

I mean this with no disrespect; why MLP? What is it about MLP that pulls you in and brought you to the brony community?

Hiya Zach  :)

I knew a few people who watched the show and I thought it sounded pretty weird, but they were fairly normal people so I gave the show a shot. I ended up really liking it.

So why do I like it? I'm not entirely sure myself, it's nice, it's friendly, it's a nice escape. It's also a nice change of pace, TV shows are quite dominated by violence and sex, don't get me wrong I watch quite a few of those shows, but this is a show where I don't have to worry about my favorite character being killed off, I know I won't see anything graphic. It's just good to watch something nice once in a while.

• Brohoof 4

Hey there! :)

To answer your question; I watch the show because, somehow, it manages to be both positive and enjoyable at the same time. The amount of negativity and immature maturity (if that even makes any sense :P) that I usually find on TV has thrown me off it in most cases, to the point where only this show and another exception really appeals to me.

Even though it's a show originally intended for little girls, it applies to me a lot, and offers a lot for me to relate to (namely, Fluttershy; a character shy and sensitive like myself). It's a show about friendship, and it discusses friendship and all it involves in an entertaining and involving way- even for an adult, these lessons can still be important to them, and certainly values would be nice to see more of in wider society as a whole.

The animation isn't the greatest, but it has its own cute and simple (not simplistic) appeal. The music in the show can be very beautiful at times, This Day Aria being a good example of this for me. And the characters can be surprisingly deep, moreso than could be expected of a cartoon like this (hence the various interpretations and so on that have been made about MLP to this point). 

And, let's face it; the cuteness plays a big part in it too  :wub:

As for the brony community, I choose to be a part of it because it's friendly. Not perfect, but certainly more welcoming than practically every other community I'm aware of. And the fandom just makes so much, be it fanfiction or music or art or whatever- even once you finish off every episode, there's so much to discover, and to enjoy as well.

Plus, it gives me hope. Knowing that these people are open-minded and honest enough to enjoy a show like this, despite the animosity held towards it by some of the less reasonable people out there... it means a lot to me, as someone who was surrounded by closed-minded haters and liars for years, to find that there are people out there and on here that don't follow the pack, and can see a good thing as it is, without all their stereotypes and so on blinding them.

...this is gonna be TL;DR, isn't it ;_;

Edited by Edwardo_Brony
  • Brohoof 3

Well, the show is awesome Dashie is awesome, the songs are awesome, the characters are awesome, the community is awesomeand the forums are awesome too. Everypony ... okay, most ... are friendly stallions and mares and you feel welcomed here, simple as that^^

• Brohoof 4

Well, it seems that a lot of people find the characters very deep and humanized. It has a lot of comedy, some now directed towards the older audience. The storyline has some complexity to it that people seem to adore. There are characters that make people relate to them. That and the artwork is fantastic, the music composition is pretty good, and the idea of friendship is so important that anyone can find it useful in some way shape or form.

• Brohoof 4

I dunno. I just like super cute, colorful stuff for kids and MLP happens to be just that. :) It's just an adorable show I like watching with my friends to make me smile. There aren't many super-cute cartoons these days that are interesting, but MLP is because it has personalities and episodes interesting enough to appeal to older viewers as well.

• Brohoof 4

Thanks for the replies and the hospitality! I have more than enough here for my assignment, so thank you again. You are welcome of course to keep the conversation rolling along, but I have what I need. Have a good one!

• Brohoof 4

hi friend!

I watch MLP FIM because is a funny cartoon :lol: , the show have funny characters and I like their adventures, when I watch My Little Pony Friendship is magic I remember the ancient shows of cartoon network (Powerpuff girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Loney toons etc..) because the cartoon network's cartoons of today (adventure time, gumball, steven universe etc..) are very bored for me, it's true.

excuse me for my little bit english :twi: , have a nice day!

Edited by Samuelsky
  • Brohoof 3

Hello friend, here you'll find an spetacular forum, where everyone are friends, we share content, talk and most important, we have lots of fun here, so come with us, it'll be fun i promise :D

Everyone on the forum is very kind with each other, if you have any question or problem, just ask any other member or staffer so we can help you  :yay:

And remember, together "We've got hearts as strong as horses"

And i LOVE mlp because it's a well designed cartoon, with good plots and lots of details in background we aren't even supposed to see, and it makes me so happy to see a world where friendship is just a Pure, awesome relationship,  :squee: 

• Brohoof 3

• 5 years later...

This is a way to complex question to answer, and it is out of the scope of this forum experience to explain :sealed:

Spoiler

Colorful ponies, with large cute eyes, and small tiny noses, ... (I can literally go on forever)

99.9% of the reason is cause of the adorable ponies.  

The other .1% is cause of the plot. 

If the characters weren’t ponies I wouldn’t have watched the show. 

Edited by AppleButt
  • Brohoof 1

This could take hours to answer but I won't go that far. I love absolutely everything about it, but what I love most of all is... I don't even know where to start. I guess the first thing that attracted me to it was its similarity to anime and other cartoons I like, and the characters are so adorable and well-developed, and the plot and the music and just everything is so incredible! But the best thing about it is friendship. There are so many valuable lessons in it and just seeing the characters interact and resolve problems together and be the most amazing friends to each other and learn lessons together warms my heart. My Little Pony is a light in this dark world and it's had such a huge positive impact on so many people all over the world and it's exactly what the world needs right now and it gives me hope.

Because it's a really sweet show with lovable characters (most important thing about the show IMO), colorful animation and character designs, great voice acting, some fantasy adventures along with the slice of life stories, fantastic music, good morals, etc. And it all led to a great fan community as well.

• Brohoof 1

Many reasons. Just one but one that has been on my mind, is that I love the characters. The Mane Six themselves are so distinct and fun that you can picture any scenario and know how they'd react to it.

• 2 months later...