Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do you like MLP?

Harmony Spark

I'm not much of a G4 fan, so may I talk about G1?

Ahem...

It had a lot of effort put into it. Everyone behind the show/specials strived to make all of the viewers fall in love with it. What is there to say about it? It's amazing. Better than Friendship is Magic, even. The dangerous plots always took the ponies on some incredible adventure where they always meet some sort of villain. The writers always sneaked in some comedy, emotion, and even suspense at the perfect moments. The lessons that the writers came up with are amazing; in G1, the lessons almost blew me out of my seat - because I realized, kids can actually learn from that, it took real-life problems that kids often struggle with! For me, most of the "lessons" in G4 are often forgettable, and most kids in real-life won't learn from it because it isn't relatable; this goes for some, if not most of the lessons in G4 (that's just my opinion). Creativity is also a very big part in this; the plots, villains, and adventures were incredibly creative. Ponyland being turned into glass? Yes, that's creative. The "heart" of Ponyland being distrubed, causing everything in Ponyland to go hay-wire? Yup, that's awesome to watch (not to mention it's creative). A purple goo that's not only covering and ruining the ponies land, but it always ruins the mood of any pony it touches? Yup, that's awesome and creative.

The show/specials isn't the only good thing about G1, though. The G1 toys were AMAZING! Most of you Bronies only watch the G4 show, while thinking the G4 toys are bad. Which is a little odd, considering My Little Pony is a toy franchise. Anyway, back to the G1 toys; they were actually hand crafted. The crafters put every tiny little detail into the pony, and it ultimately worked out, because they are to die for! Not only do fans of G1 have fun watching the show, they have fun collecting the hand crafted toys. I also want to mention that G1 had good variations of the toys. Unlike G4, which has stupid variations like EQG, Ponymania, Pinkie Pie's Boutique, and Rainbow Power. G1 actually has good variations; Colorswirl Ponies? Great. Flutter Ponies? Great. Sea Ponies? Great. Brush 'N Grow Ponies? Super pretty! Baby Ponies? Great. Twice As Fancy Ponies? Great. So as I mentioned, the show isn't the only good part of G1, the toys are too!

hmm.....actually I am surprised that there are still people that are great fan of G1.

Well, honestly I can't agree with you at some points, but is still nice to know that G1 wasn't forgotten for everyone.

I am not a fan of G1, but I either think that it was so bad as many people says , is not so enjoyable for me as the G4 is , but it  still deserves applauses.

well, back to the topic

I really don't  think MLP : FIM was made for little girls. MLP is watchable for all family, and maybe is true that  the past generations was just something too girly for some publics to enjoy. The G4 , with a great plot, interesting and more lovable characters ,creative characters design, and a good flash animation and voices,has succedded in being not only watchable ,bur also enjoyable for all family.

MLP:FIM  is a girl show,  but so is kim  possible. Being a girl show don't mean  only girls can watch that, always when you find it enjoyable, you can have the freedom to watch what you want. And no one have the right to criticize you for that.

Edited by Aileron

Because target audience has nothing to do with enjoyment factor. If I like it, I like it. Doesn't matter if it's made for men, women, two-year-olds (I like Teletubbies too) or adults.

• Brohoof 1

Well, it's a high quality show and it's very creative. I like the inclusion of mythical creatures and it gives you an incentive to learn about them. Plus it's better than most other things out there and actually teaches good life lessons.

But one of my favorite things is that it's like a throwback to the 90's in one way: cleverly hidden adult humor

That they sneak in.

Remember the first episode with zecora in season 1? Remember how twilight's horn became soft after their trekking through the blue flower ( name of the flower? I can't remember.) the horn became... Well... Flaccid and soft. Little children wouldn't get that joke but oh believe me. Terms and adults do. I most certainly did ;)

*Tilts head up* Because I only watch good things, peasant.  :mellow:

In all seriousness though, I've always liked the idea of something bad being rebooted into something good, and now it finally happened.

Edited by SpaceOnion

Because, it amuses me; and I like it!

In short, this is the reason why:

"You've never lived until you've almost died, for those who fought for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know."

From my profile: 

" I actually hated MLP growing up in the '80s, because of "My Little Sister" (play on words..lol); however, a little over a decade ago, during my military service, I opted to try a Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) study that involved using de-stimulation techniques, for minor PTSD, without the use of drugs. To keep it short, I was instructed to chose a cartoon that my oldest daughter loved to watch, and when I felt my PTSD having an effect I was to sit and either with or without my oldest daughter, watch the cartoons until I felt a difference was made internally- that cartoon was Hello Kitty! I know, right? Odd!! Many years later, I still find myself using this technique, because it really does work; even now, being out of military service! Ironically enough. But, my present wife's sister practically ruined Hello Kitty for me a few years ago, to the point that I actually get highly irritated when it is around. Now, she didn't make fun of me or anything, it was simply my wife's sister trying to etch her way into my life, personally. So, in the end, my wife and our youngest daughter were watching Hub Network some time early last year, and found MLP:FiM. And when I returned home from a night university course, she had me sit and watch the very first two episodes....I was HOOKED! And have been ever since. I really like the modern version, and how intricate the valuable and important themes that MLP:FiM have. So, here in this little home of ours, we are all MLP:FiM fans! And that's how I found My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!"

• Brohoof 1

It is a fun and interesting show that is made for a target audience in mind but it should not stop others from watching it. Interests should be made on an individual level, not done to appease a "gender" saturated world or some other insignificant thing as they arise. That is how I view the issue. I should like what I want and those that don't like it should mind their own business.

• Brohoof 1

Well I have a question to all people who still view this as a little girls show, what do you define as a little girls show? As far as I'm concerned a little girls show is something intended solely for very young girls, and as we all know non stereotyped characters, interesting stories, an interesting world, and mental breakdowns are all things you always find in a little girls show.

P.S woohoo I am now a full member.

• Brohoof 1

Wait?

This show is just for kids?  Also for girls? My god man! This

is such news to me.....

...............I'VE BEEN SOOO BLIND!

Nah,  I like mlp just due to liking it!  Why need to give reasons why

you like something long its not hurting any one in the long run of things

or yourself in truth?

• Brohoof 1

I enjoy the show because it's a great show with good morals that can apply to any age for any situation.

That and the voice acting is amazing, animation is amazing and it was made by Faust who also made a lot of other shows that I enjoyed growing up.

• Brohoof 1

Because I am a little girl.

no, but

because it's cute.  i like cute things.  the songs are catchy.  the artwork is pretty to look at.  there's some funny parts and relate-able characters.

It's a great show, the target audience doesn't matter.

In the end if something is good it will get the attentions of anyone regardless of sex, age, or whatever. I watch MLP for the same reasons I am watching Game of Thrones. The writing is good, the characters are great, the world & lore are thought provoking, and the music is excellent.

I agree!!!

• Brohoof 1

I like it because the animation, story telling and voice acting is really top notch I can really relate with some of the characters in the show and I love the morals of some of the story's have plus the music Mr Ingram makes is fantastic! :D

• Brohoof 2

Simple...because shows for little girls can be just as awesome as any other mainstream show. And this is definitely a show for little girls, just like the brand has been for 30+ years. The thing to remember is that it's awesome, with great voice-acting, relevant storylines and memorable characters. One of the things I love most about FiM is the diversity of the main cast and how there is a pony for everyone. A viewer can always find a character to identify with. I have to say one other big draw for me personally is simply the music! The songs are so good and catchy and really just make you smile! I love to listen to them and follow these characters on their adventures.

• Brohoof 2

I like the animation, the voice acting and comedy. It has that sort of good-hearted fun vibe (just reminds you that it's good to be alive, ya' know?) which i get while watching. But it's not just that - it provides an inspirational base for a bunch of music, fanfics and more, all of which include amazing works in themselves. It touches upon interesting materials, and has clever characterization that you wouldn't expect from a show called "My little pony" at first glance. But most importantly, it makes me laugh. :)

I love little girl shows. Alas, the little girl inside me is very spoiled. She's very hard to deal with sometimes. I ask her, 'will candy do?' Her reply, 'no.' What quenches her thirst? -- MLP of course. She makes me like these shows (and I love it, [tee-hee]). But that's OK, she's made me a better person because of it. 

And her message to everyone here, 'bring me more ponies!'  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I'll be honest here. 

Yes, MLP is meant for little girls. All of us here know this fact. However, it's on national TV(Cable). It's there for EVERYONE'S viewing pleasure. It can be watched by kids, teens, adults, males and females. We all understand this.

It doesn't matter if a show like this is meant for girls. I really do not care. If it's on TV for everyone to view and watch, then so be it! There are other shows that aren't really meant for a certain audience, but people watch it anyway right? 

You may wonder what my answer is right? Well. I'll tell you this. The reason why I like this show because it reminds me of my childhood. In a way like, I didn't really have friends as a kid because I was shy. I'm not really shy anymore because I'm almost an adult(1 year). So, I believe it comes with age and personality. I'm not afraid to talk to anyone that I don't know, but I'm sometimes a little hesitant to open my mouth. The other reason is, is that I feel bad for kids now in this generation with all these crappy shows that Cartoon Network have aired. 1) Adventure Time. 2) Clarence. 3) Steven Universe. 4) Ninjago. 5) Legend of Koraa. 6) Regular Show(I actually enjoy watching this). Eh, I don't know the rest, but you see my point. However most of us here grew up from a better generation of cartoons such as: 1) Ed, Edd, Eddy. 2) Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. 3) Flapjack. 4) Courage the Cowardly Dog. 5) Jimmy Neutron (Nick). 6) Dexters Labratory. 7) Invader Zim(Nick 90's)

8) Catdog (Nick 90's). And so forth. Many shows that were AWESOME, and NOT CRAPPY!!.

Basically, MLP:FiM is a huge change for this generation because the shows animation, characters, story lines, actors and all that are excellent. This show will beat any other cartoon of todays time. (My Opinion). I like the show because of the reasons listed above, and that it's helped me out of my shell and I've made new friends and has inspired me to draw and write. 

Basically, this show is the best thing that's ever happened to me. I'll never forget that. I'm grateful for the creators of this show. Always will be.

Cheers!

-Sadistic Fluttershy

• Brohoof 2

The show's good as a normal cartoon. I guess in more girly convention, but still. I remember the old Winx Club seasons I used to watch as a kid, or the W.I.T.C.H. They were just cartoons, nothing off-putting about them. They had cool fights and (I think, haven't watched those since childhood) okay storylines.

Why the hell are you still watching that ridiculous show, made for little girls?

You really want me to answer this?  I never really thought it was that big of a deal that I watched it.  I mean, nobody's ever said anything to me about it.  In fact most of my friends still watch the latest incarnation.  Are you really sure you want me to go into detail about why I like Sailor Moon?  Alright, if you say so.

It all started when I was flipping through channels, and I randomly saw the end of an episode.  After that, I got curious and...  Wait, what show were we talking about here?

"why do you like MLP? I'm curious.

Oh, that show.  Actually I like it for a couple reasons.  First of all, it's hilarious.  Seriously, I think this has to be the funniest My Little Pony series I've ever seen, and that's something I never thought I would be able to say.  Every time I start to think something is going to drag or be boring, one of the ponies does something so ridiculous that it gets my attention.

Secondly, this has to be the best written MLP series ever created.Not only does it follow a tight continuity, but there's real character development beyond the menial one-off lessons characters learn in these kind of shows.

So yeah.  There it is in a nutshell.  

Edited by SBaby