Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do you like MLP?

Harmony Spark

We bronies and pegasisters are fans of MLP as we all know, but one question remains. Why DO we like MLP? Is it the animation, the music, the characters, adult jokes, pop-culture references or realistic morals. For me, it's all these. By let's see what you think. What made u like MLP?

• Brohoof 8

Same reason I like any other show: It has good writing, good characters, and good story. Nothing really stands out about the show as far as I know.

• Brohoof 1

I starting like the show first in the completly postive message of it, not ling adter was the animation and the music, of course the animation is great and all but was the complete postive message, the show itself helps relieve my anger which is another reason i like it

• Brohoof 1

Why I Like The Show:

• A person, any age, can watch it without wanting to groan every 5 seconds.
  • The characters are likable and pretty relatable.
  • Despite being a kids show, it is willing to tackle racism and bullying.
  • The setting can change dramatically from time to time. One minute it's the library, the next, it's the Everfree Forest.
  • The writing is superb and done pretty well.
  • The voice acting is pretty good and it feels like the characters have emotion.
  • The Characters' designs are nice to look at, for the most part.
  • The music sounds pretty great with lyrics that'll get stuck in your head.

Those are the main reasons for me.

Edited by WheatleyCore
  • Brohoof 5

I love it because since young I played pony with my best friend, we loved playing ponies and once the first film came out, we watched and was hooked by the awesome playful characters. each day we bonded and made friends and also played a funeral of one of the ponies-- luna. ^_^ I think we lost her in the ground.

• Brohoof 2

It is one of the few GOOD series nowdays. Mostly it is just clones of an already bad show. FiM have good animation, well made music,the intro makes me feel like a boss, good character design and personalities. Not just, BLUE AND ARMOR PENETRATING AMMO AND AK47s. :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

I can simply agree with nearly ALL reasons mentioned before.

I could just add, that with the show comes an awesome community. I could go into detail about this statement, but if I'd do that, I'd be sitting here a couple of hours and I don't really want to. :I

• Brohoof 1

For me, mostly because of the very cute animations. Also a few of species in their world(Changelings, Alicorns and recently Bat-Ponies) are interesting too. Plus it has also a very active Fanfiction, Artworks and music community. Even in the more adult orientated way.

For the reasons I like my other favorite shows, It has very good story which has deeper context in it than you can realize. It's also lighthearted and fun.

MLP certainly has one of the biggest internet groups because of all the artwork and fanfiction. which both help make it more interesting.

Edited by Ember The Dragoness

It has nothing to do with the ponies for me.  I see ponies as a medium for storytelling.  With that being said, I really enjoy the characters and humor of the show.  They have personality, conflict, and they're not stereotypical 'girls', so to speak.  They also face many different challenges, from fighting monsters to overcoming personal challenges.  The humor is also wonderful, making every episode interesting.  I'm not an animation buff, but the show is drawn nicely too.  Overall, it's a great show with funny, relatable characters.  

• Brohoof 1

We bronies and pegasisters are fans of MLP as we all know, but one question remains. Why DO we like MLP? Is it the animation, the music, the characters, adult jokes, pop-culture references or realistic morals. For me, it's all these. By let's see what you think. What made u like MLP?

For me, its all these things you said, but its also more than that. The show just makes me feel good. I can be having a total crap day, come home watch an episode of MLP:FiM and suddenly I feel so much better. Even when there are lingering problems I have to deal with, the show eases the anxiety and allows me to get some sleep at night.

• Brohoof 1

For now, I'll say the characters, and the morals. The animation has come to my liking but I keep thinking I like it because of a much deeper psychological issue. Well, that and because there's no dumb characters. *cough-ugh*Patrick*cough*

Just about everything you said and more.

There is no possible way I would be able to narrow down a specific reason I like and watch the show.

I mean theres deep and interesting characters, well made plots, smooth animations, a well suited scene of humor, grate voice acting and music, I could go on and on.

It aslo helps that there is such an awesome fandom behind the show, it keeps me interested and coming back for more.

To tell you the truth the only thing I dislike about the show is the into theme song and ending theme song. 

• Brohoof 1

Just about everything you said and more.

There is no possible way I would be able to narrow down a specific reason I like and watch the show.

I mean theres deep and interesting characters, well made plots, smooth animations, a well suited scene of humor, grate voice acting and music, I could go on and on.

It aslo helps that there is such an awesome fandom behind the show, it keeps me interested and coming back for more.

To tell you the truth the only thing I dislike about the show is the into theme song and ending theme song. 

Agreed when i first started watching the show i had to mute the opening XD, But i really cant tell you why i like it i just do. My friends ask me that all the time and i say i dont know it just appeals to me. LOL everything about it is just awesome even the little thing's like the background ponies. Mostly it is the Fact that it is about talking magical ponies in a vast land. going through problems and overcoming things through friendship. And also saving the world like 3 times using the magic of friendship! id like to see batman do that :D LOL and im the biggest batman fan ever but even he could not do that!

• Brohoof 1

Funnily enough I was explaining to a friend of mine why I like MLP so much. I told her it's because the character's are not perfect - they have flaws. They have weakness. They don't always have the right answers and need to struggle a bit. They have personalities! That is something that could not be said for previous pony generations. They are not boring or overly girly. Even the background ponies have personalities to them. 

The animation and music is also another reason why I enjoy it so much. Sure, they can burst out into song at random, but the songs are always so wonderfully catchy and compelling.  

It's just an overall awesome cartoon and it's even more awesome that anyone (guy or girl) can enjoy it. 

Edited by Fluttermoon

At first, I only liked MLP because of the bronies. However, these days, I love the show. It's everything combined, but I'd say the animation is the best. 

• 2 months later...

Many of us remember how we met with the series, we also know what are our favorite songs and character as well. But are few the people that share the why he/she loves MLP Friendship is Magic (At least what I've seen thus far).

So, what is/are the main reason(s) you like this series?

• Brohoof 1

I'm sure there is another thread about this, but anyways, I first discovered the show through the song "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid". Then later I found 20% cooler, then I watched the first episode. The rest is me staying up way too late watching episode after episode. The music is what keeps me going between seasons, the episodes keep me going through the seasons, and the VAs, fan music producers, singers, and everyone involved in that show will keep me going forever.

• Brohoof 2

I like the show because, of the people who are involved in the show, and the music is really catchy in the episodes that have songs or background music. Other than that, the show has so many touching or other kind of moments that just reel in your attention like a hook and keep you wanting more until another season is announced.

• Brohoof 1

I found the show because I like to give things a chance to disapoint me. When I watched it I found myself gravitating toward the characters. They ooze personality and charisma. And I am always enjoying every minute at least one of them are on screen. :)

• Brohoof 1

I'm sure there is another thread about this, but anyways, I first discovered the show through the song "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid". Then later I found 20% cooler, then I watched the first episode. The rest is me staying up way too late watching episode after episode. The music is what keeps me going between seasons, the episodes keep me going through the seasons, and the VAs, fan music producers, singers, and everyone involved in that show will keep me going forever.

Couldn't have said it better, Pom! The fanart and Music and fanvids (double-rainboom) keep me going! There's a writer on Deviantart who does a wonderful job of coming up with sweet dreams-fuel. His story "A light in the Darkness", chased away the nightmares from the story "Cupcakes". 

I love this series, because it has served as THE Catalyst event that has inspired so many, to do such beautiful things!

Keep calm and Pony on, My friends!

• Brohoof 3

For me at least, I love MLP Friendship is magic because, it has quite a realistic portrayal of a friendship, which is a working progress as everyone is trying to contribute, a genuine friendship is not only about being nice, but doing something for or with someone. Also the country Equestria is quite interesting to look at, and intrigues me to want to learn about Equestria, moreover I love how Equestria is animated, it seems quite real like you want to be there. I love MLP for the enormous effort in the story and animation, as opposed to the haphazard clichéd shows that flood modern day media, the energy, character depth and humour is a nice change from the mediocrity, and to meet other fans who feel the same way is also why I love MLP.     

Edited by King Edward
  • Brohoof 3

I dunno frankly, its alot of reasons, so its hard to say the main reason.

It just has this peaceful magic to it that makes you smile while watching it, and it just makes you happy, its nice and peaceful and isn't like alot of the reality stuff on TV(There is a few small good stuff mixed in, but i don't like alot of it nowadays.) but MLP is just a nice change of pace.

So i guess thats probaly the main reason, the nice peaceful innocence it has in comparison to other modern shows.

Along with that there is a million other reasons, such as the quality it is made with, in the animation, artwork, voice acting, music writing, ect,ect,ect,...

Must i go on? 

• Brohoof 1