Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The most money you've wasted on a game?

Clockwork Chaos

Hey there, Everypony :)

I was wondering, what is the most amount of money you've payed for a game, that you now consider a waste of money?

This isn't about the most money you've spent on a game, it's more to do with what you consider a waste. For instance, the most money i've spent on a game was £70 on the limited edition of Borderlands 2, which is a damn fine game so not a waste ^_^

The most money i've wasted was £60 on the limited edition of Fable III, one of the most lack-luster, boring, and poorly made games i've ever played.

How about you, how much have you thrown down the toilet?

Edited by Clockwork Chaos

70 Euros on the best game ever (with additional DLC bonus)

BRINK_(game_box_art).jpg

Bethesda made this within 5 minutes using homeless people picked up from the Streets. I thought the SMART movement was a good thing, but even that sucked...

NEVER BUY BRINK, NEVER!

• Brohoof 3

230 euro's

and it was well worth it. a signed copy of the collectors edition of Dead Space 2. everything intact and i even got a small advanced suit helmet pendant with it :D

Edited by repsol rave
  • Brohoof 1

Forty dollars om SOCOM:Confrontation i mean SOCOM:Constipation, what a horrible game, missing stuff it promised only redemption is the blutooth headset it came with

And yes it us a waste considering i only got 2.50 for ut on a trade in so yeah a wastr

Edited by DaReaper
  • Brohoof 1

230 euro's

and it was well worth it. a signed copy of the collectors edition of Dead Space 2. everything intact and i even got a small advanced suit helmet pendant with it :D

NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED FOR PS3 AND TWICE! almost 150$ for car packs SOO WORTH IT the speed the colors the airport for all of u who ever played nfs most wanted XD

Guys, now read this carefully, i'm going to passage something the OP posted.

This isn't about the most money you've spent on a game, it's more to do with what you consider a waste

In other words, things that were expensive and you thought were good, but ended up sucking.

Oh, and i found another one. Resident evil : Raccoon City, it was the first Resident Evil game i had bought for a solid 65 Euros, and i dare say it made me feel bad for whoever else played it. It was truly bad, and multiplayer was full of tripmines at the spawn, what were the creators even thinking?

Edited by Dusk Dream
  • Brohoof 2

Ladies and Gentleman, I'm sure that MANY of us have bought this game thinking it would last us for a while...

The game I speak of is none other than DIABLO 3! I wasted 60 dollars on a game with very little replay value (In my opinion XD)

How ever I did very much enjoy the story line and lore when I did the FIRST normal run! However I don't think someone should have to replay the story line FOUR TIMES to get to level 60... AND THEN DO 100 PARAGON LEVELS TO GET EXTRA LOOT

But yeah it was total waste of 60 dollars for me XD And that is a lot for a teen with no job

• Brohoof 2

Probably CoD: MW3.

I got it to play with friends, but no one plays it anymore, i hated it from the beginning and its only made worse since it was CoD to begin with. 60 dollars wasted right there. The only other thing i can think i wasted money on would have to be Judgement. Fucking rip off piece of shit game. >_>

Edited by Ditzy Haven Doo
  • Brohoof 1

Final Fantasy XI is what I spent the most on. like around $30-40 + tax (if tax is included) to buy the game on steam and then like around $12.95 per month in order for me to continue play the game. I was overcharged with around $24 before the Square-Enix and Playonline Account Transfers came in.

Out of the Most Game(s) Series I spend my money on the most Would be Kirby, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing Series.

I've spent more money than I'm willing to count/admit in Team Fortress 2. I don't do it as much anymore, but I used to be obsessed with hats, trading, keys, and everything else.

Be that as it may, I've STILL never unboxed an unusual hat. The only one I got was by trading my Buds away, and the guy I traded with was pretty desperate.  >_>

• Brohoof 1

I spent £40 on SimAnimals when it first came out, I hadn't read any reviews of it or anything, I just thought the idea sounded cool.... it was awful, I think it might have been the worst game I've ever played.

• Brohoof 1

Boy was I hyped for Defiance. Giant pieces of alien space-ship falling out of the sky, giant aliens, and futuristic weaponry? What's not too love? Well too bad for me because it SUCKED! I shelled out 60 dollars for it on opening day and I think I've logged about 6 hours of game-play total because it is so bad. I was in the closed beta also which was BETTER THAN THE FINAL RELEASE. It's as if they ADDED bugs to the final game. It was so glitchy, bugged, and just plain awful. 

I'm going to have to say shelling out $18 for the complete edition of Dragon Age: Origins a while back at GS, everyone acted like it was the RPG of of the decade or something, got it home and it was just a "okay" and kinda repetitive semi-real-time hack and slash game. I don't know if I would've been happy if I even if I waited for a $8 pawnshop copy to turn up. 

Tie between Diablo 3 and Skyrim, both of which I bought for $60 on whims because I was an idiot and didn't do enough research on HOW MUCH THEY SUCK.

(ok, honestly, they're not that bad, but neither is what I was expecting, and neither is even close to being worth $60).

I think $50 for Spore is an honorable mention. I have, like, 6 hours in it. Cell and Animal stages are the only fun ones because you get to evolve and see other creations up close. Tribal and Nation are shitty RTS wannabes, and Space is fun for maybe the first 10 minutes while you play around with abducting things and fucking with planets and stuff.

$5 for Duke Nukem Forever

Okay, it was worth $5. I just feel sorry for my friend. He per-ordered the special edition for ~$75 :(

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 1

Tie between Diablo 3 and Skyrim, both of which I bought for $60 on whims because I was an idiot and didn't do enough research on HOW MUCH THEY SUCK.

(ok, honestly, they're not that bad, but neither is what I was expecting, and neither is even close to being worth $60).

I think $50 for Spore is an honorable mention. I have, like, 6 hours in it. Cell and Animal stages are the only fun ones because you get to evolve and see other creations up close. Tribal and Nation are shitty RTS wannabes, and Space is fun for maybe the first 10 minutes while you play around with abducting things and fucking with planets and stuff.

Okay, it was worth $5. I just feel sorry for my friend. He per-ordered the special edition for ~$75 :(

Actually had you researched Skyrim you would have found amazing reviews of it including a metascore of 94 out of 100. If your not fan of the elder scrolls already I can see how you might not like it because you hadn't gotten a taste of the genre yet so you really had no idea what to expect. But if you are indeed a fan of the genre and the other other elder scrolls game I can't see, at all really, why it sucks. In my opinion it stood right up with Morrowind and Oblivion in terms of quality.

I, also, hate Skyrim.

Not for the story, or anything, infact, i loved the story (and Daedric Armor, wow!)

But if you have Arachnophobia (an immense fear of spiders), and you go into a cave infested with Frostbite spiders...

...I screamed like a little girl...

• Brohoof 1

I spent $60 on Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and it seemed like a waste to me.  The only good part of the game was the campaign.  The multiplayer was bad. 

The worst possible way I spent my money was having to buy many of the expansions of burnout paradise for the PS3.

Sure, they were cool cars, missions, and added island, but due to their price and length, I wish I had my money back. 

T

I got it for $10 new when the price nosedived a while back and GS had a big sale on it, it was fun for the price but I could understand someone who paid $60 after waiting on pins and needles for years being pissed. 

Several thousand dollars between Maplestory, Combat Arms, Soldier Front, League of Legends and Spiral Knights. I don't regret anything I buy though.

0 dollars every single game I buy is quality,to me at least. Now games my parents bought me when I was younger HA! I'd say 40 bucks times 7(280$)  because I have 7 piece of crap ps2 games I'm not ever touching again.