Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Wii U price drop!

Forlong

On September 20th, the Wii U will experience of $50 price cut.  The basic model will be $249.99 and the deluxe model will be $299.99.  Not only that, a limit edition bundle of the deluxe model and Wind Waker HD will be out on that day.

Nintendo, let me just say one more thing:

img-1797291-1-Brohoof.jpg

Edited by Forlong
  • Brohoof 6

So those Wii U didn't sell well enough?

Not surprising I guess. I doubt Nintendo will live for long if they keep doing so boring consoles, what keep them alive is their games, and now they are doing remakes of all their successes.

Edited by GhostPony750

I know I was really happy that they announced this (even though I own a Wiiu) lol It's great that they are lowering the cost and making it a bit easier for people to pick it up. I'm also glad that they decided to go ahead and make a WW HD bundle, that's sure to please consumers and get some nice looking sales under their belt. ;)

• Brohoof 1

*sigh*

Guess who got one a few weeks ago because he couldn't resist.

*raises hand*

tumblr_m5ttfuL0H71qiou3eo1_400.gif

I know, it's just for America right now, but I think they'll do that here in Europe as well. Why not? Sell more for Christmas. And that's good. Gives them money to develop more games.

• Brohoof 2

Wasn't the Wii $250 to start with when it was released?

I still don't very much see the point of getting one, actually. Maybe when the new Smash Bros. game comes out, I'll consider getting one, but right now, there's not enough on the console for it to be worth it to me.

Well that certainly makes getting the console more enticing for me, I think that's a much more fair price for what you get in the deluxe now. Can't wait 'till I can get one since there's quite a lot I want to play on it. :yay:

So those Wii U didn't sell well enough?Not surprising I guess. I doubt Nintendo will live for long if they keep doing so boring consoles, what keep them alive is their games, and now they are doing remakes of all their successes.

The only remake I can think of coming out from them is Wind Waker HD, remakes are hardly all they're doing... :huh:

The only thing that is keeping Nintendo alive is their games, of course. But as for the handheld consoles, I've seen worse. Anyway, the price drop is a good idea since paying more than $100 or more on a handheld console is pointless.

The only remake I can think of coming out from them is Wind Waker HD, remakes are hardly all they're doing...

Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart, all those Mario games, like Mario Party and stuff, Super Smash bros. These are basically the same thing, even if they are continuations, they are kinda all the same boring and repetitive games, except zelda ones.

I rarely ever seen any succesful games beside these. There is monster hunter, which is the main reason for a bunch of people for buying the Wii U.

Video games doesn't attract me anymore, this new controller is just terrible, seriously.

I even prefer old gameboy games, I enjoy Barbie 12 dancing princesses even more than mario kart, seriously.

And they made another console who will never sell, the 2DS.

• Brohoof 1

Not surprising I guess. I doubt Nintendo will live for long if they keep doing so boring consoles, what keep them alive is their games, and now they are doing remakes of all their successes.

To be fair, that's the only thing that keeps any system-selling company alive. Which console you choose is ultimately a pointless decision. The only thing that matters is the games that you play on that console.

This next gen Nintendo is the only one that's impressed me with their console between games like Zombi-U, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Shin Megami Tensei IV, the new Fire Emblem....

About the only thing that interests me enough to get a console with either the PS4 and Xbone is Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV, both of which are multiplat.

I'd know more if I actually had a Wii-U and had games for it. Darn monies. :lol:

Edited by Discordian

Glad that it got a price cut, but I actually wish it was $100 instead of $50. I'm still not willing to spend $299.99 on a Wii U.

On the bundle discussion, I think it'd be sweet to have a Smash Bros bundle.

From what I know the Basic model will be phased out completely

Yes on that. Too many customer complaints, and for only $50, you could get more.

I saw this coming. The Wii U has been going through low sale numbers. I still haven't even bought one yet. Still waiting for the Wind Waker HD remake which should be coming out soon, along with a new Legend Of Zelda game. Lets not forget the fourth installment of the Smash Bros Series.

The only reason I'm disappointed is because they said one week before that they weren't going to do it.  Sorry Nintendo but that's not the way to answer questions, that's just lying. 

From what I know the Basic model will be phased out completely.

That'd be bad!  I really want a white wii u.  Well, if this happens, I hope they make white wii u deluxe sets.  

Anyway, I'm not picking it up until next year so a lot can happen.

Saw this coming after the abysmal sales a month ago. I hope the console starts suceeding after the price cut though, especially with games like Wonderful 101 and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze coming out soon. Plus the WWHD bundle looks very sexy

I haven't got one yet so this is good news for me. I'm still waiting for the games that I'm waiting for (Super Smash Bros. Wii U, the next Legend of Zelda, etc) start coming close to release before I decide to pick one up. If I'm lucky there will be another delicious price drop.  :comeatus:

Yeah, the Wii U hasn't been selling too well but Nintendo's handhelds (or at least the DS has and is, not too sure about 3ds) sell like hotcakes: that's what's carrying them for real. And let's not forget about the sales made by the Wii (not U).

Edited by Scanty

The only reason I'm disappointed is because they said one week before that they weren't going to do it.  Sorry Nintendo but that's not the way to answer questions, that's just lying. 

Nintendo has lied repeatedly.

I remember them saying there were no 3DS redesigns even in the plans. The 3DS XL was announced just weeks after that.

I remember them saying that they would not have any paid DLC for their own 3DS games. Shortly after paid DLC was announced for Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Fact of the matter: Don't believe anything they say.

After the terrible sales I'm not even surprised. But honestly they might need to drop it down more if they want more people to buy it heh. I might get it, for the Wind Waker HD bundle. I'll play that for a while, and since I already got the Wii U I'll be able to eventually get the other games that are coming out.

That's nice, but the only games on the Wii U that have any notice at all from me are New Super Mario Bros. U and the version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate with online multiplayer (and I'd probably rather have the 3DS version personally).

As nice as it sounds the Wii U getting a price cut, this simply wasn't good enough. They timed it very wrong, as the Vita already beat it to the cut and beat it by $50. New bundles for the console would be good, but yet again the Vita is beating it on that as well (especially that Killzone Mercenary bundle, which looks very enticing).

The Wii U shouldn't be competing with the Vita though; it should be competing with PS4 and Xbox One. They seriously need to just decide to either get a lot more bigger games onto the console, or confirm the death of it and make a new, more powerful home console 2-3 years later. They can't rely on just 3DS sales for an entire console generation, especially if they have the Wii U pulling it down.

Edited by LMW-YBC

It's going to take more of a price drop than that to sell me before Mario Kart 8. $250 for the console is alright, I suppose. but it doesn't look like we're getting that, it's $300, which is way too high. I thought the system already cost that much. You mean to tell me it was even higher?

I'm pretty hyped for the price drop. I might be able to afford it soon thanks to the drop. There are quite a few games I've been wanting to get my hands on that are exclusive to the Wii U. :D

I was hoping to be able to get a wii u in October since I just got a job, sadly the number of hours I have it doesn't really look like that will happen. I might have to *gasp* get Rayman Legends on Xbox 360