Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anypony with imaginary friends

Rethajni

Good morning/afternoon/evening everypony! Is there any of you who has imaginary friends now or in the past?

To be honest i make imaginary friends in the past when i was a little kid, i give them a name and a story, through the years instead of get rid of them i improve them, make new generations create new places, symbols powers (i love sci-fi!!) For the last 15 years! and i have 22 i still have my characters, not like imaginary friends, but my concious voices, now that i see and fall in love with mlp i didn’t pay attention to them, i hang now with my OC so im planing to "ponify" them and make OC

have you ever have imaginary friends?

Do you ever feel the same situation?

if you still have any imaginary friends what are they names?

Would you ponify them?

• Brohoof 1

I used to have an imaginary friend. He was a black wolf / dog hybrid based on an old story that was told around the school yard. While he is in Foster's Home, now enjoying the life of luxury, I wouldn't think of ponifying him. I also have a tulpa in development named Charlotte, but I don't know whether you can really consider her an imaginary friend...

Edited by Celtore

Psh I'm a godess in my head, I've created a whole world full of people I've made up, that's how I think things through I consult my council, and then come back to the real world :)

I think I might have had one when I was around 8 years old... but so did my friend. We were playing a random fight tournament game where we'd pretend to beat up villains that didn't actually exist. Could've sworn we both had an extra imaginary companion! Hmm.

I don't have any right now, though. I was looking at tulpae though, they fascinate me. (I know tulpa owners hate having them referred to as imaginary friends, but in all honesty, that's how they appear to me right now :P)

I used to have an imaginary friend, back when I was just a tot. I don't remember what their name was or what they were like anymore. I'd hang out with them sometimes but I had my real friend Matthew and we'd do everything together. 

Well...sadly, no.

I never had an imaginary friend as a child and I still can't have one today...why?

Well, I don't have much of an imagination. I can't fake something to be there when it's actually not there. I can try to force one to be there, but my brain automatically reminds me that it's not there and it does not exist.

But, honestly,

I talk to myself and that's better than talking to an imaginary friend, to me.

I guess my stuffed animals were my imaginary friends when I was younger. Mainly though, I just talk to myself all the time. I guess I am my own imaginary friend, even though I exist. I was pretty much the only person I could talk to when I was little since I had no friends. I still barely have any friends now, so I still do that a lot, rants especially. I rant to myself A LOT. I could almost do personal Vlogs, but I won't. :P

When I was about 6, I had an imaginary friend that was a cat.

It didn't have a name or a specific gender, but every night I used to hear it meaow under my bed, and I found cat hairs under there too.

But after my friends cat died, I stopped hearing the meaows and all the hairs disappeared.

I still have imaginary friends, but they're more than imaginary. Most of them are now roleplaying original characters; and most of them are actually humans. (I've roleplayed before I started watching MLP.)

What's even better is that they're born in different era. One of them's is a person called Anatoly Gayevsky; he's now a 30 year old Russian as in 1922. Clarence Doubleday is a 22 year old British as of 1923. Wilhelm Dufek is a 27 year old German from 1918.

I've made some really exotic imaginary friends in my childhood, along with having this serious addiction with early 20th century stuff. Some of my OCs today are influenced by this. Bowsprit, a naval sailor earth pony, is technically Czechslovakian. Jetstream, an airship pilot pegasus, is Finnish. And Backstage, a script maker unicorn, is Italian.

Edited by Cartophile

I used to have imaginary friends, but I forgot about them when I left Elementary. I don't bother with that anymore. It made me feel weird talking to imaginary people. So, I just talk to myself. It feels less weird and a little more normal. Normal in my case anyway.

I used to have imaginary friends until I learned how to make real friends so, I used to talk to myself where I almost lost my sanity from Lesson Zero. Luckily, I gave that up.

But, honestly,

I talk to myself and that's better than talking to an imaginary friend, to me.

I totally agree with you. I love talking to myself. I do it all the time. Who doesn't love talking to someone who never disagrees or fights with you! I get some pretty weird looks when I do it in public though, like at school I'll be mumbling to myself and I'll get some pretty weird stares.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I had 3 when I was 6, they were fairies and their names where Charlotte, China and Ella. They came from these three fairy magnets that I got as a present, and I used too talk to them all the time. Charlotte was like me, and I always talked to her the most, China was Charlotte's best friend who was always misbehaving, and Ella was the shy one who was very pretty (a lot like Fluttershy!)

P.S Charlotte is my Middle Name and China is my Ex Best Friend's middle name. (Squee!) 

I have imaginary friends, but my doctor says that its either a multiple personality disorder or I'm nuts... I have a great doctor

No, you're not nuts or personal disorder, i think that they are voices of your concious who tell you what is right and wrong (sometimes) aand is a easy way to explore yourself knowing how you think, mine are a great help to gather inspiration, and whoever thinks that is a signal of mental illness its completly wrong, all of us have those voices in our minds and i mean ALL OF US, the difference is that we decorate those voices with a story and appereance, there's nothing bad about it, i bet 1 dollar that many writers and artist develop their characters based on their imaginary friends so don't you feel bad if you still have imaginary friends, i still have my own and i tell you i have a perfectly normal life

I had an entire imaginary universe when I was younger, the Timothy World. I was king, and Supar the Great and Epilogue were my besties. Azbomb was my evil brother who ruled an evil empire that existed on a PAC Man shaped moon.

My planet was a cube the size of the galaxy. Populated by robots. And no girls were allowed.

It was odd, but cool. I'd imagine sending troops to right in the American Revolution a lot because why not?

i have a perfectly normal life

That's where things go either way if I'm nuts or not. My imaginary friends usually are the things of nightmares and they influence they way I speak and act. They have become a danger to others before and have even evolved from my mind to control me. 

Either I'm nuts or  multiple personality disorder.

• 8 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I had an imaginary friend that was just a white silhouette without a name. I’d talk to him if I ever had any troubles or I was lonely. Once I outgrew him, though, I abandoned him at a park and didn’t say anything to him. Not sure where I got that idea :sealed: 

• Brohoof 1