Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why music is crucially important to any life, and how it is perfect.

MrJK

Whether you realize it or not, music is vitally important to every person in the known universe. And always has been. Since the beginning of time (Or just a bit after that point). My point is, the fact that music of all shapes and forms has even existed through these long periods of time is in itself proof that it is a magical thing.

Music, as i stated, has been around a looooooooooong time. Singing and instruments were invented for entertainment, and no matter what you believe the beginning of time looks like, it is undeniable that a short period after humans came to be, music was created. Minstrels, bards, (I think those were contemporaries, but whatever.) , One-man-bands, bands in general, composers. All of these transcend time and culture and carry themselves from their origin point on. 

Ok, let's get to the juicy stuff, why i love music so incredibly intensely. Literally any music you can think of, i love it. But not for the reason you might think. Music, in itself, is perfect. You heard me. It's perfect. Now, not every form of music is perfect.(Form is important. I define form as like, genres. Dubstep, classical, alternative, hard rock, screamo. Those are forms.) And what i mean by that, the idea of music, the idea of putting notes and tunes and chords together is absolutely, 100% perfect.

Why, you might ask. Because music, is perfectly tailored and labored to be a pleasurable experience for expression of emotions and feelings, for EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT EXISTS.  That's why music is perfect. Every person in existence has some music they like. (They might not have found it yet, but i promise you it exists.) Every person has a genre they can identify with and thoroughly enjoys that specific genre or collection of genre. Any music that person identifies with can be an expression of themselves through some other medium. It's beautiful, truly.

And i know, that sounds weird and a little creepy to think that music is truly beautiful, but honestly, think about. What else in existence is so perfectly crafted that every person, all 7 billion of us, can have a piece of it, and love that piece in particular. It's absolutely incredible. 

Now, this might trip some of us up, the fact that you may personally hate another genre, hate it with all your heart. I'll address that. Someone may actively hate, let's say screamo, just because that is commonly hated on. Someone may hate screamo with all their guts and might just want to scream (See what i did thar? :3) at everyone who enjoys it. That's your own prerogative, firstly. No one can change your mind but you, so if you want to hate something, do it.(Really though, dont hate anything. Nothing deserves hatred. I promise.)

You might ask yourself, 'how can music be perfect if i dont like this and someone doesnt like what l like?'. That question right there is why music is perfect. You dont have to like everything! But everyone has something! Everyone can have their own piece of themselves. The only thing that gets in the way is unnecessary hate on other people's likes. It truly gets irritating. If someone likes something you don't, you don't have to dislike the person or for that matter that piece of music you dont identify with. Just acknowledge that everyone is different and that you dont have to dislike anything, just accept it as  something you dont prefer and let the others enjoy it.

Ok, i think i've dragged this out long enough, i can talk for hours on this. If anyone is actually interested in  more (I highly doubt that, i doubt anyone will read the whole thing anyway xD) i'll happily write more. But for now, i'll leave you with this! Remember, like what you like, let others like what they like, and just be happy enjoying your own slice of perfect <3

Edited by MrJK
  • Brohoof 6

Music is pretty perfect when everyone has different tastes in each band and singer. I'll accept what people like that I don't like, because there wouldn't be a point in holding a grudge against someone who likes a different band then I do.

• Brohoof 1

Someone may actively hate, let's say screamo, just because that is commonly hated on. Someone may hate screamo with all their guts and might just want to scream (See what i did thar? :3) at everyone who enjoys it. That's your own prerogative, firstly. No one can change your mind but you, so if you want to hate something, do it.(Really though, dont hate anything. Nothing deserves hatred. I promise.)

That's because most people don't even know what screamo is. Screamo has become a really misused term. People even associate it with death metal which is a totally different genre. I listen to both death metal and screamo, they're not very similar.

Here's some screamo.

Edited by Maki Natsuo