Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Forget it, it's not going to happen, I mean, the core audience is 6 year old girls, so, why put a whole bunch of adult audiences in the show (or teenager's when the core audience wouldn't get it

But then again, the mmmistery of the friendship express has so many adult references (to old shows and such)

I don't know

Yeah, the core audience is 6 year old girls, but not the majority of the audience.

Also, shows like Spongebob have hidden adult humor, but it's still a show for kids.

I don't really mind if there is only 13 episodes. As long as I get ponies, I will be fine. They better make a movie though...

MLP: FiM Movie FTW! /] *Brohoof*

But seriously, I really don't mind too much. Unless they take the Spongebob Squarepants route and decide ruin their show and completely screw over their fans...

(edited)

Forget it, it's not going to happen, I mean, the core audience is 6 year old girls, so, why put a whole bunch of adult audiences in the show (or teenager's when the core audience wouldn't get it

But then again, the mmmistery of the friendship express has so many adult references (to old shows and such)

I don't know

Adult references like "The big Lebowski"?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR6xlOZZRyY

I had a friend in High School, who would bowl like at 1:02, throw in the most ridiculous way, you'd spend minutes waiting for the ball to reach the end, yet she got amazing scores and a lot of strikes with that strategy...

Edited by Mattlight

If this doesn't mean less time in between seasons I'll be pissed. Because you don't get much better "quality" than ponies. Unless we get more Octavia or Fallout Equestria Octavia.

Fallout Equestria fan spotted! Hiya, I love Fallout Equestria Equestria. If it wasn't so damn long, I'd read it again.

On topic, I really don't care at this point. GIVE ME PONIES OR GIVE ME DEATH!

I wouldn't mind a movie or shorter wait times of course. :3

• Brohoof 1

The Luckiest Number

Having had a chance to sleep on this and allow my initial panic to subside, my pessimism has quickly faded.

Not to be a Pollyanna, but as others have pointed out, 13-episode seasons are a lot more sustainable that 26-episode seasons. It's clear the cast and crew worked their butts off in the first two seasons and had to really hustle to keep up with the demands of producing so many episodes.

Lauren Faust cited the grueling workload as a key reason for moving on, and her accounts of what it was like to coordinate the show remotely, while trying to keep it moving in the right direction, tell of a lot of work and not a lot of sleep.

We know Season Three is finished. We can be pretty sure the cast and crew haven't moved on yet, because somebody would have said something by now if they were looking for a job. It seems highly likely that the Pony team is still working on something pony-related.

Maybe it's a movie, but the bread and butter of the franchise is keeping girls tuned to the Hub and exposed to commercials. Movies cost a lot of money to make, have a much different market/revenue focus, and they don't do that. Not saying they won't do a movie (movies can be great promotional vehicles and cash cows in themselves, after all), just that from a toy sales standpoint, they'll probably get more bang for the buck from investing in the series itself.

So I'm thinking it's a solid bet that there's a Season Four, and with only 13 episodes per season to worry about, they may well be mapping out Season Five as we speak.

Wishful thinking, perhaps, but my pony sense tells me Hasbro is settling in for the long haul, and that means running a marathon, not a sprint.

• Brohoof 3

TBH, I wasn't as affected by this as a lot of people would be :mellow:. 13 episodes seems good enough for me, although I was sorta scared that it would've meant Hasbro would cancel the show, since I believe FiM is about to hit the number of episodes needed for syndication. Thankfully, an above post proved me wrong, for now, so I don't have much to worry about, just to look foward to :)

My only thoughts on this are…

I wouldn't mind getting a movie in return for the missing 13 episodes… :D

THIS!!!

But if that is not the case, I'll take 45 minute episodes over the standard 22 minutes :)

I also wish, as do others, the gaps between seasons will be reduced.

I think that this was done to lessen the work load on the writers and animators. Only 13 episodes means easier production, and less wait between seasons. Or maybe it's just a one season thing and they'll have like...50 episodes for the season.

Though I would also enjoy a big dang movie.

Well it is because guess what? They are making a My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Movie! This is why there are only 13 episodes! Because I heard from one of the writers that is working on the movie about it. And he is looking for bronies opinions, Scott Alexander.

(edited)

I'm not too bothered by this. I wouldn't doubt a smaller load of episodes means even more focus on the quality, even if there already was quality aplenty. It would explain, say, the better-than-usual animation we've seen in the sneak peeks.

Edited by Salty

Well it is because guess what? They are making a My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Movie! This is why there are only 13 episodes! Because I heard from one of the writers that is working on the movie about it. And he is looking for bronies opinions, Scott Alexander.

Hurm, I want to believe you, I really really do. But when anyone brings up the "I heard it from the writers," warning bells tend to go off in my head.

Though considering the nature of this board, and the show that brought it about, I shall choose to believe you.

• Brohoof 1

I just hope they dont push it too far, I feel like a movie might push it far. Besides, they season finale was movie enough for me. Actually, it kinda felt like a short movie!

i am personaly dissipointed that this season has been halved, but theres nothing that we can do, we can just sit back and enjoy the ponys brodcasted to our TVs

I guess I'm okay with 13 episodes as long as the next season gets out faster and they don't end up canceling the show. There's still so much they can do and it would be disappointing if the ended it after this.

There Is A Season -- Turn, Turn, Turn

Okay I was worried at first but CHECK THIS OUT everypony. http://mlpforums.com/topic/26496-william-andersons-poem-on-the-seasons/

You know what this means? MORE SEASONS after s3. YAY

Man, he's not being at all subtle about it. And I don't mind!

Special reasons? Sounds like a movie to me. Plus a longer Season Four, and probably Five as well.

And if nothing else, it's rarely a good idea to try to pitch a movie based on a series that's just been canceled.

Optimism rising... B)

Huzzah for more seasons ahoof!

Am I the only one here who wouldn't want a movie for MLP:FiM? So many popular TV series get movies, some of them apparently very good, others not so much. I just think that there is something about the TV medium that just doesn't translate into film, and I think that for such a lighthearted series like MLP:FiM it would be less appropriate to give it a movie than say, Star Trek or even the Simpsons.

Well... I'd say (PROBABLY) that quality > quantity. Would you rather have twenty-six okay episodes or thirteen awesome episodes? Plus, they said they had a special surprise for the season, so I'm anticipating that.

To sum it up... I ain't even mad :/

If this is true, I am deeply disappointed in Hasbro as a company.

The MLP franchise is skyrocketing (with no end in site) and if they were a smart company, they would milk it as much as they can.

Instead they are disappointing viewers and hurting their earnings.

~