Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Plug your OC into the context of the show

Forlong

My ponysona (Rainshine) is a wandering rogue royal (I dunno; I guess I wasn't "proper" enough  and got disowned by the family or something) from Zecora's country.  I eventually find my way to ponyville after several years of just meandering through Everfree Forest, not fearing for my life because I'm just an idiot who thinks monsters are cute and who loves nature-y things.  xP

My character Chokaa is Zecora's nephew.  He comes by air balloon from the zebra country to visit his aunt and enrolls in the Ponyville school for a year, where he meets the Cutie Mark Crusaders and, not having a cutie mark himself, pesters them until they let him join.

Sundae, my changeling OC, is a spy captured by Pinkie Pie and held prisoner in the basement of Sugarcube Corner...  until Pinkie realizes that he would be better off staying with Fluttershy, at which point he begins his long period of deception and worms his way into the hearts of all Ponyville citizens.

Finally, my pegasus OC, Night Shock, can really only exist in an alternate-reality context, as he is responsible for the invention of many modern technologies in Equestria, including eyeglasses, canned beverages, and energy drinks.

c:

Here is my OC's story. It probably different from most stories :)  B) .

Star Belle may look like your average pegasus with a preforming talent, but she's actually a wizard from another dimension! She frequently visits Equestria and is friends with Pinkie Pie & Twilight. Can often be found at Twilight's library studying magic or Equestrian history. Can do a Sonic Starboom(Rainboom) but doesn't feel like showing up Rainbow Dash(It won't end well). She's also friends with many of the background ponies & babysits Scootaloo a lot.

Technically, she is a brony :lol:  :)  ^_^  :P  :catface:  :muffins:  :derp: .

My OC Thunder Dash, is Rainbow Dash's older brother. He has the ability to wield electricity. He got this when he was struck by lightening trying to rescue Rainbow Dash. He's a pegasus

He would be there to correct her and guide her. Sometimes, when she wouldn't listen, he scolds her, but not trying to be mean, like when Celestia scolds Twilight. He also struggles with self-doubt, so an episode about him would be focusing on him trying to conquer his self-doubt. Friends also with Thunder Lane. 

My secondary OC, Storm Rush is Thunder Dash's cousin from Manehattan. Kind of like Babs Seed (Applebloom's cousin).

He would be found working in the weather factory mainly trying to hold off loose storms. He is gullible. But his main flaw is trying to outshine everypony he meets. Thunder Dash has had to lecture to him about this. He's a Pegasus

My tertiary OC, Electra Blitz, is Thunder Dash's twin brother. He's a pegasus

He would be found joking around a bit and honing his telekinetic abilities. However, his main flaw is that he can be silly at the wrong time. Kind of like Pinkie Pie, but up a level. This can sometimes lead to his friends abandoning him for the moment, which leaves him very upset. Friends with Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash.

My fourth OC, Melody Breeze, has a bit of Fluttershy mixed in. She's an Alicorn

She would be found hanging out with her bird friends playing songs through her horn. Her main flaw is that she thinks she's not worth anything. This was because of how long it took her to get her cutie mark. She was teased and laughed at in her younger days and even dropped school because of that. It wasn't until she found the Sage of the Everfree Forest (not Zecora), who told her that everypony is worth something. It may just take a while before you find who you truly are. Friends with Octavia and Fluttershy. 

My fifth OC, Night Flare (which was actually my third OC) has a little bit of "The Dark Side" in him. He's an Alicorn. 

He had no parents and taught himself how to do magic. His flaw would be controlling his anger. When faced with a threat, Night Flare goes into what is known as, his "Flame Stage". In this stage, he can wield fire. Yet, there's one problem, it's hard for him to control himself in this stage, especially when he's angry. In the show, an episode that focuses on him, would be learning to control his anger. It would involve him sending somepony to the hospital and Princess Celestia giving him a major scolding. 

My sixth and last OC, Nitro Spark, is a street racer. He's a pegasus

Despite his hard past, Nitro Spark is follwing his dream to become the best street racer in all of Equestria. He's also Thunder Dash's friend. Episodes that circle around him would be overcoming fears of the past, sort of like "Hurricane Fluttershy."

I have two Oc's I'd like to share the stories for.

Story Book (the earth pony) always loved reading. For hours a day, she would have her nose buries in a book. Much like Twilight Sparkle, she often turned to books for help in tough situations. But her real passion was the joy that came from reading stories to younger ponies. She became a storyteller at the library in PonyVille, and she also helped ponies find books they were looking for.

Story Book was also sort of an outcast when she was a filly. Because while she received her cutie mark earlier than most fillies, she was the last out of her class to receive theirs. 

Puzzle Cube (the unicorn pony) loved solving problems. She was Story Book's best friend, who shared a lot of the same interests as her. After a while, though, Puzzle Cube became more athletic, sporting a pair of yellow sweatbands. But she received her cutie mark was representative of a rubix cube, based on her love for solving problems. She always saw reading as a bore, however, and never wanted anything to do with the library, despite Story Book's telling's of Spike's hilarious antics.

I hope you enjoyed these stories!

post-19622-0-83758600-1379263642_thumb.png

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

I can see my OC being stuck in the middle of Manehattan working with animals and ponies alike with his medical skills. He could interact with Fluttershy if her pets seemed to have bodily dysfunction. At the same time, he could be invited to Canterlot to play with Octavia from time to time as part of their orchestra considering his ability to play on the violin too.

I actually haven't had the time or know the logistics yet to write up my characters but I have the general ideas for at least 2:

The first is a more middle aged, let's say around his mid 30s to early 40s, pegasus with a body that's colored like an aged parchment, and his mane a ruffled dark brown color. His name is Quillsworth and he's a largely solitary, largely preoccupied librarian and scribe in Fillydelphia, and unlike many pegasi, or other ponies, doesn't exactly enjoy flying or playing around much. He can be quite a grouch but those that understand or are nice and respectful towards him find him to be quite amiable, resourceful and helpful. He's almost always busy writing out something or organizing shelves in the public library as a senior librarian. He can be quite easily startled or frustrated and often when he is he'll have a sudden short burst of shock or anger, causing his wings to reflexively spring open often causing books, shelves, and paper to knock over to his chagrin.

I am not sure my other character would be appropriate for MLP:FiM since she deals with more sensitive and mature themes that the show already treads precariously on.

Let's say for whatever reason in my hypothetical Equestria world, mules can just as readily reproduce with other equines. Basically in Manehattan, there was a renowned young and beautiful unicorn actress in Broadway (can't come up with a decent pun sorry), and no its not Fleur De Lis if you're wondering. Many wealthy and high stature pony mares including wealthy nobles and knights from Canterlot sought her hand in marriage but she turned them down. She instead chose a hardworking, and forthright yet soft spoken donkey that worked at the docks who has his own separate story and a knack for poetry and prose. Unfortunately a lot of the ponies didn't think to highly of this and on more than one incident tried to beat the donkey and steal her away for being a "filthy crossbreeder." Eventually they decided to leave and she gave up her life of fame and fortune and instead moved to Ponyville helping to open a theatre house there. 

Unfortunately she had a terminal illness which weakened her body and its health. They managed to give birth to a beautiful nice mule foal, but at her age of 5, her unicorn mom passed away. The daughter foal actually inherited a similar mane and color to her mom as well as a unicorn horn and the ability to use magic, but also inherited her dad's donkey ears, tail, and muzzle amongst other things. She's a confident and eager person, and Cheerilee admires her work ethic and enthusiasm, but again she faces the bias of being a mule and her magic skills are doubted and condemned by many. Celestia eventually later offers her a chance to go to her school for talented unicorns, but you obviously see the problems this poses.

If anyone's willing to help me develop such a character I'd be glad to contribute and oblige, but as I said, her story has A LOT of material that isn't exactly FiM friendly.

Well if my OC's were in Equestria, this is where they would be and what they would do:

DJ Alicorn: Currently living near Ponyville, but exact location is unknown. Most ponies thinks he has an invisible house somewhere next to the Everfree Forest and tries to create new spells and tries to find certain items across Equestria. Good luck getting him to tell you what he's really up to.

Shining Midnight: Currently loves in Ponyville, but works in Canterlot. He lives in ponyville in the Science Ponies' house, but he has the basement. His work in Canterlot is mainly doing scientific research and searching the Universe for other planets with life on them.

Bass Cannon: Currently lives in Ponyville, right next to Vinyl Scratch and Octavia. She's always working on her music and if you do happen to see her outside her house she's always talking with Vinyl and/or Octavia.

Spirit Watcher: Her current residence is unknown, along with her job. I just know that she's still waiting for her special somepony...

Diamond Shine: Lives in Canterlot, works in Ponyville. She doesn't really like to admit it but she's best friends with Rarity, mainly because Rarity has a horn and can find Jewels much easier, but also because they share an interest in fashion.

I made my OCs to be part of the show's events right from the start. I hope I can make a fanfic series about them some day.

Sparks and Luciola are a pair of unicorn twins who are members of the royal guard and get involved in lots of adventures in the background of the show. They pretty much play a part offscreen in most of FiM's major events. I got the idea for most of their adventures from little details, throwaway lines by the characters and the unexplored background mythos of the FiM universe.

I'm not the kind of fan who makes OCs just for the sake of it, I always come up with stories and expand the universe with a cast of new characters having their own adventures which sometimes intersect with the canon characters and events.

I actauly wrote a fan fic for Digi brony.

no he's not the star but he has a fair amount of time in the fic.  Digi himself seemed to like the idea of how fans would interpt his oc pony,

and i actaully had alot fun with doing it.

Wait, do you mean we're suppose to like put our OC into the role of a pony in the show? I'm confused.

If your just asking for my Oc's backstory, well as far as my ponysona goes i haven't wrote a definite story yet(I've been meaning to.) but really he doesn't share much of any relationship to the mane 6 at the moment. Atleast i don't really plan to exactly. 

What exactly i'm doing idk actually.

You can check what little i have on the character page if you want.

Edited by Zygen

So after a random pick, this one will be on Homeboard.

Homeboard would be a rich pegasus sixteen year old mare who would, strangely enough, barely be known despite her father technically controlling a percentage of Equestria's glass value. 

If I had to come to an adjective for ponies to put on her: weird. She plays by herself with her own made up games. Her craving for chocolate gets to the state where she goes into withdrawal, so I would expect her to frequent Sugarcube Corner. Most of all, she makes up fantasies revolving around her, sometimes taking it literally, though it is generally brushed off as vivid imagination. She has her original pony characters who she often plays their personality are:

Dust Wing: A two thousand year old alicorn that is secretly Celestia cousin. Homeboard usually plays her by tying a cone pieced toiler roll on her head. "Dust Wing" can involuntarily conjure and transform items.

Corona: A time traveler from the beginning of time itself. Homeboard plays her by wearing sunglasses and a safety vest. Corona can change dimensions of time and space by a power called "Deus Ex Machina". The stage of her "roleplaying" usually goes into the state that she hides into boxes and closets to travel to the future.

DJ Tearshade: A DJ who is friends with the Mane 6. Homeboard plays her by putting on headphones and listening to electronic music. Homeboard claims how she is the "best" DJ in all of Equestria, and sometimes beatboxes, slams tables, and create her own sound effects. This personality has generally gotten her into unnecessary trouble and several awkward situations.

Captain Bayonet: A vigilante who fights crime and saves the day in Ponyville. Homeboard plays her by putting on a cape and a sticker with anything that has "B" on it. She stops the evil ponies that lurk in the corners and solves the hardest of crimes. 

Miss Everything: A mare that's best at everything! Faster than Rainbow Dash, kinder than Fluttershy, smarter than Twilight, more fabulous than Rarity, stronger and more down to earth than Applejack, and is able to party harder than Pinkie Pie! Homeboard plays this if she is wearing a tuxedo or any other formal clothing. Once she wears it, she is what she perceives as "being the best" at everything she does. 

Her more casual side is a naive but upbeat pony, with unusual personalities of her characters, along with being a bit narcissistic. She has a talent for playing backgammon. She's old fashioned in a way, listening to phonograph records or playing bocce and Nine Men's Morris. Skewer, a chess player seventeen year old stallion from Cloudsdale, is her closest and (most likely) only best friend. 

Link: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/homeboard-r4146

Edited by Cartophile

My OC, Midnight Gaze/Blaze, would be Luna'a apprentice. She is a pegasus pony who has always wanted to use magic. She'd rather have a horn than wings, so she's usually in Twilight's library, looking for ways to make a pegasus lose it's wings and gain a horn. She is friends with the mane six, so this is them in order from best friend to friend.   

Twilight Sparkle-best friend

Rarity- best friend

Fluttershy- almost-best friend

Pinkie Pie- friend

Applejack- friend

Rainbow Dash- friend

Sorry I colored all the names. I was just board. img-1874449-1-blink.png (<--- my weird, board self)

Midnight also loves sewing and creating dresses, so she is always in Carousel Boutique seeking fashion advice and tips. Even though she's quiet, if she wants to ask somepony something, she won't hesitate to. She loves reading the adventures of Daring Do, which is how she met Rainbow Dash-at a book signing. She met Rarity when she found out about Carousel Boutique from Twilight, who she met when Luna mentioned that she was staying in the Castle. She met Pinkie Pie the first time she visited Sugarcube Corner. She met Applejack when she asked Caramel Apple(the one that's related to Applejack) where she could find good apples. She first saw Fluttershy at the Grand Galloping Gala and ran into her again at a party with Celestia.  She is basically a smart, quiet bookworm-of-a-pony who loves to sew and study magic.

An episode about her would show her walking out of her home near Ponyvile and telling Twilight about a spell she found in the royal library. She casts the spell and discovers that her wings are gone and she has a horn. Eventually(possibly?) she becomes an alicorn after being Luna's apprentice.     

Edited by Midnight Gaze

So if i could slap in my oc and i wasn't aloud to use "came from the human world."

I don't think I'd use a OC that presented me.  I'd use one of my other characters.  I'd likely plug in a shifty, grifter who'd end up doing odd jobs for Dr hooves,

a mild antognist who had to keep dumping off hazardous material from the drs failed experiments, and plays with the CC in his spare time and even uses them to help smuggle out the boi hazards lol  cause who would expect them.

Plus it would be awesome to get them smuggler cutie marks LOL.

I'll pick Bright Lights here. Partially because all the others are works in progress.

Bright Lights has never been to Ponyville nor met the Mane 6. She lives near Manehatten and the whole Trotway theater scene is a prominent aspect of her life. Ponies interested in musicals know her as a rising star. A few prominent roles here and there, many ensemble performances, and so on. She's in her late teens and headed towards a successful career.

Her relavance to Ponyville? Rarity seems like she'd be a fan of stage performances and might have heard of Bright Lights. Otherwise, nah. Would probably appear in an episode via a show touring the country.

Edited by Stellafera

You know, the chances of a Mane 6, let alone a background pony with a completely made up fandom personality, are fairly slim. They might not even know you, and if you do, takes a long time to befriend.

Also, several spelling errors.