Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Childhood Trauma

Moved to Elsewhere

I remember asking my mom for help with a math word problem on my homework when I was nine years old. I still didn't get it even after she explained it for a few minutes and she screamed at me.

I never asked for help with my homework from her after that...

Three years ago I when I had a heatstroke and forgot to drink lots of water during the hot summer, I thought I was having about to have a heart attack so I freaked out for a good couple hours until a doctor I had called assured me it was just a heatdtroke.

All of the following traumatized me, and I have currently dealt with none of them. I'm taking a very liberal stance on the term "childhood" by the way.

-Growing up with the eldest of my two younger brothers (he's a psychopath)

-A time when I did something I won't describe that really hurt said brother

-9/11 (I was like 8)

-Being yelled at by a woman at McDonalds when I was 6

-Finding my dog dead when I was 10

-Watching my Grandma die when I was 14

-Burying my other dog, whom I was particularly close to in front of my crying youngest brother when I was 17

-My first car crash when I was 18

-6 times in my life in which I almost did something in particular, which would have been very harmful

Edited by Ryuuguu Rena

When my dog died when I was about 6, idk what happened but all the dogs I've ever saw from that point on barked at me, maybe it was me doing something, i don't remember very well but the thing is I became afraid of dogs, not chihuahua dogs you know? I mean big dogs  :( But then, when I was 12 I met my uncle's dog, I was horrified when he opened his house's door and his dog jumped to me... but after some minutes I realised she just wanted to play, so I played with her and from that point on I started to love dogs again  :lol: Oh yeah! It feels good to kill a trauma  B)

Heck, I'm sure I've got some other traumas I didn't kill but I can't remember

So this one time when I was like 4 or 5 I decided that it would be a good idea to stand on top of a spinning chair next to a glass table and a window. Not the most intelligent decision I've made. 

Anywho, I'm not gonna go into the details, but it involved a lot of blood and I was taken to the emergency room because my head was open.

My face was literally covered in blood down to my neck.

I have provided an illustration:

p4tt.png

I used to get frequent nightmares.
The two i remember the best:

- My dream self heard a cluttering noise downstairs, and for some reason i was brave enough to investigate. I peered into the dining room and saw a clown sitting at the table, writing on some pieces of paper. I have no idea why i thought i needed to get past him, but i tried crawling through the room in the cover of darkness. Without warning, shrill clown laughter filled the air and i was suddenly being tickled from all sides. *Shudders*

- I dreamt that i was being attacked by someone with a knife. I was on the floor, barely holding his knife hand away from me as we tussled. Just as he was about to strike me, i woke up with a racing heart and i was literally drenched in sweat.

• Brohoof 1

When I was little I was laying some computer games, and I came across a cute one called super chick bros. or something, so I was like, neato cute chickens, lets play. Turns out it was one of those games PETA likes to make to prove a "point" and the whole game was about how awful KFC farms treat their chickens. I was like 12 when I played it, and I still have a hard time eating at KFC

http://www.flashgamesplayer.com/free/The-Super-Chicken-Bros.html

Heres a link to the game if you want. I think theres a sensor thing now, but there wasnt when I played it :(

Your post proves exactly why I hate PETA so god damn much, they can get their point across without traumatizing kids, IMO I think games PETA makes is actually much more traumatizing than any GTA game could ever be, but I guess since they're an animal rights group they can get away with anything, but that's for another topic :/

The most traumatizing thing happened when I was 11, I was eating beef and I started choking, I was upstairs alone, and no one could here me so I was thinking I was fucked, thank fucking god my mom came upstairs in time, since then I've never eaten beef.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, i took a speech class back when i was like idk, 11? And i had to give a speech(Duh) in front the class. (I was homeschooled, so this wasn't in school actually thankfully) and i ended up getting really nervous and essentially having a nervous breakdown, and leaving the place crying. I didn't go back. 

Kinda self imposed in a way, but overall didn't help my shyness. Also got a fear of public speaking to go along with it. Well to an extent. Mostly overcame it more recently.

I also had my best friend from a while ago leave me for another of my friends. Of course i kinda deserved that doing the same to an old best friend for that best friend. 

Confusing i know lol.

I also when i first started band back after not playing for a year in 8th grade i went into the band room and couldn't play anything or read music all of a sudden, and i panicked and started crying, i just kinda left the room the rest of class and eventually the band direct put me in the smaller class (Which was a good thing overall.)

Nobody ever teased me for it thankfully, and many still know me. And even have seen me cry other times, well slightly, not fully really.

I can't think of anything severely traumatic. I've had some embarrassing stuff i guess, but nothing terrible.

I was bit by a Dog in the face at 6, then in the ribs at 14, then in the leg at 15. Went to counseling for awhile and was Diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress.

Needless to say, I'm not very fond of those ugly creatures from hell they call "Mans best friend." anymore.  unsure.png

Edited by Stallion Hoovrick

The Brave Little Toaster freaked me out when i was very, very young. It was the scene where Air Conditioner gets angry and explodes. For couple of my early child years, air vents that resembled the Air Conditioner's face creeped me out. I also had this irrational fear that random household objects (like my ceiling fan, the water heater in the forbidden closet, the stove, and anything that glows orange/produces heat) could spontaneously combust and kill us all.

also, its worth noting that i was a huge crybaby/weenie/scaredy cat as a kid.

Edited by crazitaco

Around 6 or 7 some extremely huge child was having trouble on the local playground steps. He kind of stepped on my hand,( I was climbing.) And I fell back, blacking out... After that, all I remember was a random local mother running to me, holding me, and saying "SOMEONE HELP HIM." Yeah, it sucked, but not as bad as I've been looking at through this forum. :c

Edit: The person was screaming because I was bleeding, A LOT. I forgot to add that, its hard to think about most details of something that happened 11 years ago...

Edited by JustAnotherBrony

I broke my leg on Christmas eve 2009 and I was sent to the hospital and stayed till after midnight, but i got chocolates

a few years later my uncle was killed via snapping of a vein in his neck, it was instant death, but the guy who did it was only sentenced for a few months

Edited by jorji

I got bullied a lot through both grade school and high school, mostly because of my weight at the time. It was especially manipulative bullying, too, where people would pretend to like you just to take advantage of you. It made me a bit of a loner, too, and to this day still weary of trusting people, and I have a hard time with human physical contact.

• Brohoof 1