Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Childhood Trauma

Moved to Elsewhere

Has there ever been any moments in your childhood where something happened that got you scared, freaked out or scarred for life. Well then you can post those stories here!

The only one I can think of was when I was little maybe 5 or so I was at this parade with the carnival in town. I wanted t ogo to it but we were seeing my brother in the parade that day. I got angry and walked off to far that I got lost. I ran screaming and crying for my mom and they had to get the police to find me.

So discuss away!

• Brohoof 1

when I was 8, Smashing my head into a Sharp end of a Table one day, and Wondering why it hurt, rubbing it a bit, taking my hand off, and my whole hand is just covered in blood, and I was just scared as hell, I didn't know what was going on and I panicked more.

I'd state the scarred for life, but I don't want to explain why I'm always serious and depressed looking most of the times....

But I'll go with the freaked out, for a random one, in middle school, a girl asked me out the fourth day, and she was cute, however, I said no because freaked me out seeing her slightly bigger than me as well as slightly to pretty, I wasn't interested in dating at the time.

Now that I look at it, I wonder if that was the right decision... 

• Brohoof 1

When my brother was younger, he choked on a piece of chicken we were having for dinner. He was asking me for my drink and I said no thinking he was just joking around. Then his face started turning red and he started to hold his neck. Then I knew things just got real. My mom was panicking and so did I. Fortunately a few days before at school, they taught us the heimlich maneuver in health class. I used this maneuver to and saved my brother's life. I could have lost someone very close to me that dinner.

To this day when I hear someone coughing at the dinner table, I get flashbacks and begin to panic.

• Brohoof 3

When I was about 4 years old I went through a glass door.

I was playing that stupid childhood game tag, running around the outside of my friends house. I was about to catch him, when he made a dash for the front door, closing it behind him. I was too close to stop so I went through it, I managed to only cut my arm, albeit rather badly. The cut missed the main vain and exposed the bone, also took 88 stitches to patch and 
Lets just say a 4 year old seeing the entire inside of their arm, including the bone is not a good thing.

• Brohoof 3

There was this one time, I was left behind by my parents at a shopping centre during the night. I was scary as heck. They did it to teach me a lesson, but i'm not sure what it was. But overall it sorta scarred me.

Most parents do this to teach their kids not to run off and away from their parents. Really shows the child what the parents are sort of going through when their child goes and "plays hide and go seek".

On the side of the topic, as far as I can recall, I have yet to have such a traumatic event that it'd scar me for life.

When I was a kid, about 6 or 7. After I came home from school and was left alone I heard a noise from the garage. My cat had been run over and managed to make it's way back inside. It was crying out in pain, but I was just too scared to do anything, I just stood there and watched my cat die. I can still remember it to this day.

• Brohoof 2

Oh goodie, finesthour story time. I'll choose to talk about the weakest moments of my past.

When I was a little finest (4 years old), I was kidnapped from out of my driveway. I was in the dark for most of the time with the man, from what I remember. Now I have an intense fear of the dark. Woo~

When I was seven I loved riding my scooter. It was awesome, I would be zipping along the hills of my neighborhood for hours on end. So I was riding and about to take the final turn into my house when... I face planted onto a concrete driveway. Fragments of one of my front teeth went flying everywhere and I was in immense pain. So I got taken to the dentist or whatever and then they preceded to grind away at the nerve of my tooth and painfully shove a new fake tooth on. That pain was pretty traumatizing for seven year old me and made me afraid of the dentist for the rest of my days.

Edited by NocturnalRainbow

It happened when i was at the age of almost 9, we were at school, i was walking down a hill and some random kid "accidentally" kicked a basketball to my face, it hit my nose, i blacked out for a while, I woke up a few second later and i couldn't feel my face, 2 friends of mine dragged me uphill to the nurse's office, during the rough ride, all i was felling was something sticky and really warm in my hand, well blood, lots of it, my white polo became a red polo, i fainted twice after on because of the amount of blood I lost, and yeah my nose was broken(worst part), you can take me to a surgery room right now i'd be ok, just don't show me lots of blood, even now when i have blood tests I tend to look away, cuz it makes me feel sick.

I was kidnapped from out of my driveway

Wat?? how were you saved ?

Thankfully, it wasn't, and when my vision cleared I looked around, and I was alright. My nose hurt painfully, but it wasn't broken. I started to cry, because I was really traumatised by the whole thing. So the teacher in charge let me sit out at the side.

Apparently you got luckier than me xD have a look at mine 

Edited by Rayray

Well, in 4th or 5th grade I was playing football (soccer) with some people in my class. The people playing were mostly boys, although there were a few girls playing, myself included. 

Then it was a penalty kick, and naturally I was the goalkeeper. So the guy kicked the ball, and instead of missing me, or flying over me, the ball smacked me right in my face. Everything went black, and I felt "as if I was dreaming" as I described it at the time. I think I might have fallen flat on my back, (like Charlie Brown) but I seriously can't remember.  I must have blacked out for a few seconds at the least, because when I got up I was surrounded by the team and a few others. My hands were on my face, and I could've sworn it would have been bloody. Thankfully, it wasn't, and when my vision cleared I looked around, and I was alright. My nose hurt painfully, but it wasn't broken. I started to cry, because I was really traumatised by the whole thing. So the teacher in charge let me sit out at the side.

As for most traumatising thing, I think that's the only one I can remember. 

I remember one ime when I was two I was lost in a makeup shop and my parents found me with lipstick all over my face, but personally I don't remember, and if anything I was enjoying myself and my new freedom.

Well then, I remember one day, when I was in first grade, our class was getting ready for lunch or something, and I was the last student in the class and before I left I asked my teacher if I could go to the bathroom. And that's when it happened. He violently grabbed me by the front of my shirt and lifted me up and stared into my eyes with great hatred towards me as if he wanted to kill me. He dropped me down and walked out the room. Me being too young to know what the hell just happened, just acted like nothing happened.

A few years later, something happened to me to remember that moment in time and reminded me that even the nicest teachers have an evil, possible child killer, side of them.

Oh goodie, finesthour story time. I'll choose to talk about the weakest moments of my past.

When I was a little finest (4 years old), I was kidnapped from out of my driveway. I was in the dark for most of the time with the man, from what I remember. Now I have an intense fear of the dark. Woo~

Oh shit.

Well, for me it's when I was drowning in a wavepool. There were dozens of people around me but no one helped, until I lost consciousness and someone smashed me with his elbow. Now I fear crowds.

• Brohoof 1

I don't remember how old I was exactly, but I was just a small kid then. During one snowy day I was sliding down the hill on my butt. Suddenly I felt a set of sharp things poking my skull and I blanked out. Next thing I remember is blood dripping down my forehead and a dog running away with my hat in his teeth.

did it to teach me a lesson

What a way to teach a lesson. Some parents these days don't know how to do it. It's just sad how parents can affect the lives of their children for the worst.   

One time I was mountain biking with my mom and dad and we were on a narrow slope. I tried to avoid a root but fell off the path. Luckily, I grabbed on to a tree and my bike at the same time...gnarly. 

Edited by Thunder-Dash

This may not have traumatized me when i was little. But, it did scare the crap out of me as well as the kids around me..

Near the end of recess one day in third grade, i was playing on the monkey bars and had slipped on them.

My chin hit the bar and my 2 front teeth had pierced my lower lip, covering my shirt and hands in blood.

It took about 45 minutes to stop the bleeding.

Going to school for years with no friends and having every single person treat me like garbage. I'm not kidding either, not one person seemed to like or care about me. It's like I was nothing but trash and a waste of space, which I do agree with. It made me quite scared of people in general and hate humans overall. Something that freaked me out was when I saw a dead puppy on the road once when going to school. I felt really sad about that because seeing a pup or kitten die is just heart breaking. :(

• Brohoof 3

Most of these stories are cool. Not quite what I expected from the title of this thread.

My stories would only depress people. I actually started a volunteer-run support group because of my childhood. 

Although I do have one that jumps to mind that's kinda funny: When I was really little my dad took me to the grand canyon. I was always a little daredevil, doing crazy stunts. I thought it'd be a fun idea to hang over the fence at the edge of the canyon and looking straight down with the camcorder... until I slipped and started rolling. I ended up stopping myself on the last rock before the cliff dropped. I was paralyzed in fear. But that wasn't even the scary part... I was supposed to be holding my dad's super-expensive sony video-camera... luckily for me, I didn't break the camera in during my little fall :yay:

A lot of things, luckily for me I don't remember anything. I try not looking back, so many things. Anyway, I prefer keeping the scarred ones to myself and just the more personal ones.

I'm as emotionless as a brick wall nowadays, this one time there was this massive earth quick and I just looked outside, seeing the rocks falling from the mountain. Seeing people running and screaming, I then just stood up looked around and started walking like nothing was happening. While the whole building looked like it was going to collapse, yet it was like I had expected this to happen. People were yelling at me to run and I just said: "Why should I do that?" and sighed. lol

School was school, it made me tougher though and for that I thank it.

One thing though that did scare me, once my little sister almost lost a finger.. That was scary, luckily everything turned out alright.

I got to be honest I hardly even remember anything, the ones I remember I remember for a good reason. I just don't become traumatized easily. Like I said, I'm like a brick.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

When I was little I was laying some computer games, and I came across a cute one called super chick bros. or something, so I was like, neato cute chickens, lets play. Turns out it was one of those games PETA likes to make to prove a "point" and the whole game was about how awful KFC farms treat their chickens. I was like 12 when I played it, and I still have a hard time eating at KFC

http://www.flashgamesplayer.com/free/The-Super-Chicken-Bros.html

Heres a link to the game if you want. I think theres a sensor thing now, but there wasnt when I played it :(