Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else to spoiled to touch the fan fiction

FNGRpony

anyone else just not tough the fan fiction in the series because of the over all abundance of fan animation,

comic stripes and hell even pics with voice actors the fan base has grinded out?

I always felt fan fiction was a great thing in lue of a lack of content.  But that's just it.  there isn't.

here take a look at this.

Sombre trying to turn twilight sparkle to the dark side.  Now i understand it's not fully animated.

but that's straight up gonna trump any fiction no matter how epic.

(So many people seem good at voicing twilight).

I mean if not that how about the Dr hooves and assistant series?  (granted the first 3 are animated after that less so). 

it's so hard to wanna read the fan fiction when the fan animation is so awesome.

There's some decent fanfiction out there that's worth sitting down and reading. You'd be surprised how much quality work there is out there.

I guess the one advantage fanfiction has over fan animation, is there's so much more quality fanfics than fan animations, so you'll never get bored.

• Brohoof 2

Reading gives a whole new dimension to the MLPFIM universe. I'd rather read a good fanfic, then watch an okay fan video that's only three minutes long. Besides, there are those of us who are creative, but don't draw. Why shun fanfics, just because it requires...GASP...reading?  

• Brohoof 3

Reading gives a whole new dimension to the MLPFIM universe. I'd rather read a good fanfic, then watch an okay fan video that's only three minutes long. Besides, there are those of us who are creative, but don't draw. Why shun fanfics, just because it requires...GASP...reading?  

I was tempting to read about the changelings And the rogue ones that leave the hive.  that's some fantastic writing from what i've heard at least the concepts.

And fluffle puff LOL with your reading, books on tape LOL.

I heard a friend listening to the golden compass where they had multiple actors reading out the book, that's fantastic.

I like hearing the emotions.^^

If you haven't read past sins you are missing out on being a brony

Fanfictions are often far more entertaining than video once you get into them and last many hours on end

Video is really cool but you immediately forget about it

If you're short on time videos are for you but fan fiction is much better than it may seem

Read past sins

It might even be as epic as to change your favorite pony perspective

It affected mine quite greatly

Luna is best pony

• Brohoof 1

I actually enjoy fanfiction more than the fan animations, comic strips, and so on. I don't know, I just feel there is more to them than all the other fan creations. Just my opinion though.

• Brohoof 1

I love the MLP fanfics personally. Some of them are really amazing. It's true that there are great fan animations out there, but I'd still give the fanfics a shot if I were you. I bet you'd be pretty surprised at how good some of them are. I personally believe that experiencing some of the MLP fanfics out there is one of the best experiences of being a brony, and honestly I like them more than the fan animations and comics.

Maybe you're just not into reading? It can be dismaying to open a long fanfic and just stare at the wall of text in front of you, but I promise you that once you start you'll find yourself pretty engaged in the story. If you're able to find a fanfic that appeals to you, I bet you'll start reading them more and more. Try browsing around or asking some friends for recommendations. 

Also, one nice perk of fanfics is that there's so much to read. You could probably watch all of the top-notch fan animations in a few days, but there are so many good fanfics out there that it almost seems limitless. No matter how many fanfics you read, there will be more good ones out there all at your disposal on fimfiction (not to mention that there are going to be more in the days/months/years to come), so you'll never run out of pony entertainment.

I hate to sound like I'm nudging fanfics upon you, but I think you really should give them a shot. They're really awesome trust me biggrin.png

There's some decent fanfiction out there that's worth sitting down and reading. You'd be surprised how much quality work there is out there.

I guess the one advantage fanfiction has over fan animation, is there's so much more quality fanfics than fan animations, so you'll never get bored.

I can load up wordpad on my desktop (MS word on my laptop), tap away, and I'll soon have crafted a story, however, it goes deeper than that. Fanfiction takes considerable time and dedication, but you worry about words and grammar, letting the person craft the scene in their mind's eye.  I tell you that chrysalis enters a dark room, her hooves echoe in the darkness while she hears a drop or water hitting the floor while it resonates off the walls as she strikes a candle, and that scene will be envisioned by several different people in several different ways.  Perhaps the water hitting the floor hits a puddle of water.  There's a painting on the wall that chrysalis glosses over before she moves on.

Animation takes a lot of time and investment, and it also requires a good sense of direction.  People say that you can train your talent in art.  I have to say, imho, art is one talent some individuals have to be born with.  We can envision these beautiful scenes in our minds, but they just can't be put to physical or digital paper.  Even Source Film Maker (SFM) movies are complicated.  You are looking at a good 5 to 10 hrs to create some simple animations.  The more complex creations require a good 25hrs+ investment, which can be 12 days if you work on it about 2hrs at a time.  This doesn't include extra hours for refinement in case problems arise.

Flash is a PITA at the best of times from what I've been told.  You have to build symbols, make scenes, etc..., and what stinks is that some of those scenes get used for 1/2 a second to a second at times.  I've also heard about how Flash can encounter errors and shut down. 

To answer the OP's question though, no.  I don't find myself spoiled to touch fan fiction because it can go in directions the show's writing staff can't, ideas they haven't thought about, or ideas Hasbro won't let it go because they want to preserve the sake of the product. 

I don't really like reading fanfiction honestly, I've read most of the more popular ones(Cupcakes, My Little Dashie, Fallout Equestria, etc) but not much besides that. Not a whole lot that interests me I guess, but I might find something I find worth reading occasionally at least.

Fan animations are indeed awesome though, most of them anyway. They certainly feel a bit closer to the show than reading fanfics to me, and there are certainly enough of them out there.

Seems to me that some people simply aren't into reading. Personally, I've spent far more time reading fan fiction than anything else in this fandom, even more time than watching the episodes. And I've even been inspired to try my hand at writing my own story, modest though it might be.

To each his or her own.

I read a lot. Before it used to be books, but now it's fanfiction. You should at least try some of the smaller stories before moving on to the giants like Fallout: Equestria. 

I'll be giving you several links to fanfictions in the spoiler :P

They're good, in no particular order.

Of a Certain Adventurous Pony

Hooves Holding Hearts (Lyra and Bonbon try to become Foster parents.)

Vanishing Act

Feeling Pinkie Mean (Sombra is being reformed by Pinkie Pie)

Cube Land (If you're a fan of Minecraft)

Five Score, Divided by Four (Read the description there)

Night's Favoured Child (Alt. Universe where Nightmare Moon wins in the first battle and takes Twilight on as an apprentice.)

The Sweetie Chronicles: Fragments (This is my favorite fanfiction. It's also a great way to find out about other fanfiction as well!)

I've actually read a few MLP-FiM fanfics and some are pretty good tho I never read cross-over ones because some of those are so weird they'd warp Discord normal if he so much as glanced at them.

The animations are nice and worth watching, especially those where they go above and beyond to sound exactly like the characters from the show but we need to remember that some of these animations were inspired by something, someone else had either written or drawn.

End of the day tho, sitting in silence reading a good fic will always beat watching animation. :)

It's not that I'm spoiled, it's just that I think some of the fans blow things WAY out of proportion, and I'm not particularly a fan of that. I'm sure there are finely written pieces out there, but I'd rather stick to what is canon for now. Maybe I'll venture into the world of fan fiction when there isn't much for the show to give, (inbetween seasons, or some other hiatus) or just if I'm REALLY bored, but for now, I have no interest in fan shenanigans.

Also, I believe 'Spoiled' is the wrong term for the situation. Perhaps you mean 'stubborn'? Just trying to help!! x3

Edited by Rinku

I'm not really big on reading fanfictions, but a lot of that is just that I don't really like reading off of a computer screen.  I'd much rather have a physical paper to read it from.

Concerning Doctor Whooves and Assistant though, while the animations are great, I actually prefer them without animation.  I'm not really sure why exactly, but it feels so much more genuine in the audio-only format.

No. Fan fiction can offer deeper insight of emotion and go in entire different directions than the show or videos. 

I like reading some war stories, love stories and comedy. 

I do read fanfiction on occasion, but the majority of fiction in this particular fandom is shipping or silly things like "Pinkie Pie's horrible, terrible fear of alfalfa". But, fan animation is really fun too.