Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Which comedians do you like?

ImAvinOops

Mitch Hedberg <3 (RIP)

Bo Burnham

Amy Schumer (reminds me of me) :P

and @Hawk Moth, I merged your topics about favorite comedians into a previously existing topic on the matter. Please run a search of the forums before posting a new topic to ensure that there isn't already one for what you want to discuss. Thank you :)

@ImAvinOops, as your topic deals with favorite comedians, I have moved it from General Discussion to Media Discussion. It fits best in the latter as comedians are an aspect of the media.

I've been a diehard George Carlin fan ever since I snuck my dad's copy of FM&AM out of the house and listened to it with a friend of mine.  Some other favorites I've had are Mitch Hedberg, Lewis Black, Bill Cosby (lots of his older stuff is quite funny), Richard Pryor, Steven Wright, Sam Kinison, and Bill Hicks. 

George Carlin, Kevin Hart, and Bill Cosby are pretty good.

These guys are good, but do you want to know a true comedian? One that is God Tier? Dane Cook.

193084dz.jpg

(Sorry if you like Dane Cook. I was more or less joking about how many people dislike him. I haven't really seen any of his stuff so I don't really have an opinion of him.)

• Brohoof 1

I like comedians that can get pretty close to the mark. Not really a big fan of 'family friendly' comedians such as Michael McIntyre or Lee Evans.

Prefer those such as Jimmy Carr, Ricky Gervais, Sean Lock, Mitchell & Webb and most recently, Joe Wilkinson on '8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown' has me in fits of laughter.

My very favorite comedian is Adam Carolla. I really like his wry sense of humor and snappy improv skills; his podcast is especially great if you like listening to a guy complain in a comedic way. It's that off the cuff manner that really makes him awesome. You know that he's not just doing a bit or going off of written material.

Colin Lane and Frank Woodley.

Their comedy series 'Lano & Woodley' is absolute gold, and I wish I owned more of their works.

Personally, I think Australian comedians do it best.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, let's see, there's: 

-Eddie Murphy

-Charlie Chaplin

-Bill Murray 

-John Goodman (when he plays comedic roles)

-Justin Timblerlake (should totally give up music for comedy, he's freakin hilarious!)

-Seth Rogen

-Zack Galifanakis (spelling?)

-John Stewart 

-Bill Maher 

-George Carlin (the greatest comedian ever, RIP)

-Kristen Wiig

-Seth McFarlane

-Amy Poehler 

-Keenan Thompson 

-David Spade

-Chris Rock

-Adam Sandler (does his best work in PG-13 movies)

-Robin Williams 

-Ben Stiller 

-Rob Schneider 

-Chris Farley (RIP) 

-Harrison Ford (when he delivers quips, it's comedy gold!)

There's more, but I can't think of them at the moment. 

• Brohoof 1

I can't say that I'm a fan of comedians :-/

However, I do think George Lopez & Daniel Tosh are pretty funny.

George Carlin

Jeff Dunham

Thats all..their really good though! Look them up!

I can't say that I'm a fan of comedians :-/

However, I do think George Lopez & Daniel Tosh are pretty funny.

Tosh is anti brony. Look it up his segment on it!

What actors would count as comedians? Are they the stand up comedists (comedy people) or perhaps the people I'm thinking of. Here's mine whether they count or not. Since I don't remember names, the main characters in the cast of Community.

George Carlin

Jeff Dunham

Thats all..their really good though! Look them up!

Tosh is anti brony. Look it up his segment on it!

So? I still think he's funny

Personally, I find Dan Tosh to be a rude, narcissistic, uncaring, unsympathetic, imbecile with no taste in humor and even worse jokes. And if you've ever seen him do his own routines, he is absolutely terrible. Not funny in the least bit. I'd rather watch that hack Carlos Mencia over him.

Edited by Dinos4Ever