Y U NO LOVE APPLEJACK!?

MrJK

because she is boring...

Rainbow dash can fly

Fluttershy can fly

Pinkie pie can brake 4th wall

rarity is rarity <3

twilight is best magic horse etc etc.

I mean...she isn't boring, but some people think she is, and that could be why.

Rainbow Dash is a jerk

Fluttershy hardly ever flies

Pinkie Pie is annoying beyond all reason

Rarity... actually I really like Rarity

Twilight, too, though at times she borders on being a Mary Sue

I wonder if there is a correlation between age of viewer and favorite pony. According to the brony census the average brony is a 15/16 year old male. I could see a 16-year-old preferring flashy Dashie and cutesy Fluttershy and fun/bubbly Pinkie, while someone older and more mature would appreciate how hardworking and dependable AJ is.

Just a little theory. ^_^

• Brohoof 2

I wonder if there is a correlation between age of viewer and favorite pony. According to the brony census the average brony is a 15/16 year old male. I could see a 16-year-old preferring flashy Dashie and cutesy Fluttershy and fun/bubbly Pinkie, while someone older and more mature would appreciate how hardworking and dependable AJ is.

Just a little theory. ^_^

I can see that, also I think a lot of people (mainly the boy bronies) like rainbow dash because she is the most masculine, and they can sorta relate to that...but I dunno.

I can see that, also I think a lot of people (mainly the boy bronies) like rainbow dash because she is the most masculine, and they can sorta relate to that...but I dunno.

i can see that. I am 16 so i like dash for coolness and athleticism. But i adore Fluttershy for her cuteness and especially love for animals. I love animals. applejack. I still like because she's modest and she always willing to help. And for the record im not gay. So many bronies ask because i love Fluttershy. Edited by ScarletDagger

I can totally see that, now that you mention it. When I was first watching the show, I immediately saw that Dashie would be the fan favorite, and initially thought that AJ and Fluttershy would be the overlooked ones. I was wrong about Fluttershy, obviously (I thought they would write her to be the weak, simple-minded stereotypical hippie type character, like Pheobe on Friends, but thankfully they have taken her a different direction) but I certainly think that AppleJack is the most under-appreciated character, along with Rarity.

Actually, I think that AJ and Rarity are kind of in the same boat-- AJ at first appears to be a stereotypical 'country person,' and Rarity seems to be a 'prissy' mean-girl type. Both are negative images, and most viewers don't give them the chance to break away from that negativity.

Think about it-- RD's stereotype is 'tomboy,' and Twilight is bookworm/Hermione, which are more well-received images. Fluttershy was able to break away from the negativity associated with her stereotype (animal-loving hippie). I'm not sure why AJ and Rarity are still wrongly held in the negative light of their stereotypes, though.

Applejack's a great pony! I do adore her...it didn't take long for me to like her either, unlike somepony else I could mention. Sure, at times she can be...abrasive, but that's just a part of who she is. I admire her lack of pretentions and her work ethic. When she sets out to do something, she gets it done.

She's not stupid either. She can sometimes be ignorant, but ignorance is not stupidity. While she can be headstrong, she can also be the only one to get things moving when everypony else are too busy freaking out or getting caught up in their own anxiety or other emotions.

If she doesn't get as much appreciation as the rest of the Mane Six, it's because she tends not to stand out too much...she's simple, essentially, and when you set her next to the others, she tends to feel rather plain. That's not a bad thing, nor does it make her a bad character. It simply means that, to appreciate her, you need to be able to appreciate that not everyone is going to sparkle like a rare gem, dashing away in a flutter to eat some pie.

Eeyup, I can't believe I just wrote that last sentence. Cheese, thy name is Kyronea.

• Brohoof 3

Excuse me, but don't be a sarcastic dick. You can be sarcastic, but no one on these forums likes jerks.

It's a shame there isn't a troll face smiley.

Excuse me, but don't be a sarcastic dick. You can be sarcastic, but no one on these forums likes jerks.

Excuse me, but don't be a sarcastic dick.

You can be sarcastic, but no one on these forums likes jerks.

I like jerks. Your point is invalid now.

here yo go

░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄

░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄

░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█

░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█

░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█

█▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█

█▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█

░█▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█

░░█░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█

░░░█░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█

░░░░█░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░███████░█

░░░░░▀▄░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█

░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░█

░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░█

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░█

I like jerks. Your point is invalid now. here yo go ░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄ ░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█ ░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█ ░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█ █▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█ █▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█ ░█▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█ ░░█░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█ ░░░█░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█ ░░░░█░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░███████░█ ░░░░░▀▄░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█ ░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░█ ░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░█ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░█

As a secondary San Jose Sharks fan, your username has trolled me enough.

Back on topic, I find Applejack as one of the more important of the Mane 6. Much more, actually. Can't really say much else rather than that she's one of the most preferable ponies to watch, in my honest opinion.

P.S I apologize for trolling earlier. No excuse.

Well, i live in NC, so i get a good deal more than my daily dose of southern accent everyday, so Applejack is just sorta.. meh. I mean, she's fine as a character, it's just sometimes, you just get too many "aints" for your inner grammar nazi to handle. My least favorite is actually *gasp* rainbowdash, just because she demands far too much attention for me, bordering on attention whore. Sure, so does pinkie, but pinkie is too innocent to realise what she's doing.

Well, i live in NC, so i get a good deal more than my daily dose of southern accent everyday, so Applejack is just sorta.. meh. I mean, she's fine as a character, it's just sometimes, you just get too many "aints" for your inner grammar nazi to handle. My least favorite is actually *gasp* rainbowdash, just because she demands far too much attention for me, bordering on attention whore. Sure, so does pinkie, but pinkie is too innocent to realise what she's doing.

North...North Carolina?

I'd say the reason why she isn't a lot of people's best pony is because she doesn't appear to stand out as much as the others in most's eyes. Some people, for example, might be annoyed by her accent. She's a bit of a jack-of-all-trades type of character, having a calmer and more down-to-earth personality when compared to the rather... bold and pronounced antics of the others. Out of the Mane Six, she probably acts the most "normal." And that's why she doesn't get that much love.

Personally, I admire her for all of these traits. And she is one of my close favourites... but my absolute favourite would have to go to the all-too-common Fluttershy, I'm afraid. I thought as well like some others in this thread that Fluttershy would be overlooked, but she appears to be dastardedly common as a favourite. The reason she is my favourite not because I find her cute like a lot of male pony fans do, but simply because I relate highly to her attitude, and have always liked characters that are sort of shy and polite, but strong. Characters like these, for some reason, seem to mostly be disliked with the exception of Fluttershy as being too weak female role models...

It doesn't mean I still don't love Applejack though. She is quite high up there in my mind.

Yup..*sigh* I know. Ye olde north state. I was born on Miami, and I live in nc's liberal capitol, Asheville, if that makes things better.

LOLOLOLOLO I live in NC too! Hampstead.

(Arylett is going to delete this conversation because it is "off topic". :lol:

AJ is my fave among the mane six.

- Hardworking

- Has this western Twang

- DAT FRECKLES

- DAT MANE

- Strong

- SHE DIDN'T LEARN ANYTHING! SHE WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!

- Loyal to her words. She even decided not to go home until she was able to bring back that money from that derpy episode to fix town square.

- OMFG!! IF SHE WAS REAL I'D SO HIT HER! [humanized.. that is.. ahem.. *cougnh*.. *clears throat*]

- DETERMINATION! That cider episode

• Brohoof 1

................. OBJECTION

I think if Applejack wasn't my favorite pony why would I bother being Applejack on the forums and Xbox. I love Applejack she is my favorite. I mostly do because me and her are alike because I'm honest and she is the element of honesty.

My favorites for the mane six go in this order: 1 Rainbow Dash cause I grew up the tomboy with a football player brother that used me for a tackling dummy. 2 Pinkie Pie cause her laughter, and general herness are addicting and fun. Fluttershy because she is just so adorable. 4 Apple Jack, she appeals to my country girl roots, shes hardworking and truthful. The last two spots are shared by Twilight and Rarity. I can relate to Twilights love of reading, but in the end, her role is the straight man, and the straight man is never the standout. And Rarity, while I get her character, and can see where others would love her the most, just represents everything Im not.

Aw don't worry Applejack, buddy! I like EVERYPONY! So technically you are best pony!

I see almost no people who like Applejack as best pony... I guess no one really is appealed with that sort of farmer attitude anymore...