Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Discord's Family

Mywas

Am I the only one who wants Discord to have at least ONE family member? be it Father, brother, sister or even daughter.

Discord Seems to have an unknown background and his race was given a name by Lauren Faust(Draconequuas) so why would she do that if he Was the only Draconequuas in history? Is it an entire race or just one person?

I happen to be intrested in his Origins as due to Hooves warming day(Sorry if I spelled the episode wrong) we know that he wasn't the ruler of Equestria since the beginning of time, Were was he during the timeline of the foundation of Equestria?

Back to topic do you think we will ever see someone or something from Discords family?

• Brohoof 1

Well Q who he is based up has others of his kind so why not. I can imagine a few existing but all of them having an unwritten rule taht they stay away from each other as they probably negate each others magic or something. :P

I tend to believe that Discord does have family members normally, it's just that we hadn't met anyone of them yet.

It's really hard to believe that he's the only one of his kind. I mean, he does symbolize disharmony, chaos blah, blah, but that doesn't have to mean he just appeared "out of nowhere".

He may or may not, but why should that matter? Sure it'd be a fun gag to see his "mom" or "dad" nagging him, but Discord's a God of Chaos. If he was at one point mortal or had any material ties, they disappeared a long time ago. That would make an interesting back story though I admit.

The family that Discord has right now chiefly, is Fluttershy, who is arguably the only friend he's had in ages, if ever. I would focus on that aspect of his character first.

He may or may not, but why should that matter? Sure it'd be a fun gag to see his "mom" or "dad" nagging him, but Discord's a God of Chaos. If he was at one point mortal or had any material ties, they disappeared a long time ago. That would make an interesting back story though I admit.

The family that Discord has right now chiefly, is Fluttershy, who is arguably the only friend he's had in ages, if ever. I would focus on that aspect of his character first.

My thoughts exactly.

I wouldn't mind if discord had a goodie, goodie brother or sister he can't stand.

Imagine if he had a sister of harmony itself?

I mean he is anti harmony.

I'm totally down with this idea even if we only get john D for one episode.

I have often wondered about this and (this is just a theory) but, what if being made up of such chaotic magical energy he just IS as some sort of anomaly in a world where everything else is more or less has some form of rational explanation?

Everything except him, as some sort of 'hiccup' in the design of the universe?

It doesn't make sense, but neither does chaos

Again, this is just a theory but it's the reason I don't believe we'll ever see any others.

I have often wondered about this and (this is just a theory) but, what if being made up of such chaotic magical energy he just IS as some sort of anomaly in a world where everything else is more or less has some form of rational explanation?

Everything except him, as some sort of 'hiccup' in the design of the universe?

It doesn't make sense, but neither does chaos

Again, this is just a theory but it's the reason I don't believe we'll ever see any others.

Needs work but i like it ^^.  I'm not sure i like that idea attached to discord,  the anomaly idea seems like it would fit better for a new villain.

The idea of Discord having a family does sound good at first, but I like the idea of him NOT having one ( at least not biologically) I'd like it if he felt that loneliness he felt in Keep calm and flutter on. He'd feel a bit depressed that he's the only one of his kind and has no family then any character can show up and tell him otherwise.

Edited by Goodra

Well I have seen a genderbent version of Discord called Eris off Youtube, and she would make a cool sister or relative of Discord. Actually instead of seeing a family member I would rather see another Dranconequus, be unhappy with the fact that Discord reformed and considers him a traitor of his kind, and this dranconequus tries to take Equestria by force and if falls upon Discord to stop this new threat.

Well I have seen a genderbent version of Discord called Eris off Youtube, and she would make a cool sister or relative of Discord. Actually instead of seeing a family member I would rather see another Dranconequus, be unhappy with the fact that Discord reformed and considers him a traitor of his kind, and this dranconequus tries to take Equestria by force and if falls upon Discord to stop this new threat.

well we no jack about Dranonequus.

they could be nice people.  Maybe discord is the only jack ass.  Imagine if he was the nice one lol.

For now, we don't exactly know if Discord has a family. Maybe in the comics, he has a family I'm not entirely sure but I keep hearing of Eris in some fan fictions who could probably be his sister. I want him to at least feel loneliness which leads to him, to want to have a family of his own.

For now, we don't exactly know if Discord has a family. Maybe in the comics, he has a family I'm not entirely sure but I keep hearing of Eris in some fan fictions who could probably be his sister. I want him to at least feel loneliness which leads to him, to want to have a family of his own.

Wouldn't it be cruel from the writing staff if discord got a family when scootaloo hasn't?

I mean seriously, that would pretty much nail she's an orphan if that jerk can get a mom and dad.

• Brohoof 1

I highly doubt it. My headcanon is that Discord is an imaginary friend that escaped from the mind of somepony and became real. Think about it, its the only theory that makes sense. In that case, he doesn't have any blood related family. I got that theory from a fic and I'm sticking to it. Even if he does have family though they'll never show them because there would be no purpose for that.

I highly doubt it. My headcanon is that Discord is an imaginary friend that escaped from the mind of somepony and became real. Think about it, its the only theory that makes sense. In that case, he doesn't have any blood related family. I got that theory from a fic and I'm sticking to it. Even if he does have family though they'll never show them because there would be no purpose for that.

That might fly if he was Celestials imaginary friend.  or luna's.

I don't think everything on the show has to have a purpose.

I mean was there really a purpose to have the town seiged by dozens of pinkie pies?

Well Discord might have a family, but would they still be around?

Discord, was sealed away for a thousand years and we aren't really sure if they have long life spans. We also don't even know if they have the same powers. So I'm going with he does not have a family and if he does they are dead. 

Well Discord might have a family, but would they still be around?

Discord, was sealed away for a thousand years and we aren't really sure if they have long life spans. We also don't even know if they have the same powers. So I'm going with he does not have a family and if he does they are dead. 

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr they could all be locked up in tartues.  It is and i quote filled with ancient evil spirits.  I mean discord is a spirit yes?

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr they could all be locked up in tartues.  It is and i quote filled with ancient evil spirits.  I mean discord is a spirit yes?

True, but we still don't know how tartues works. We don't know if it's a evil spirt world or a place filled with evil dead spirits. And if Discord does have a family and they are sealed in tartues, why did Celestia and Luna not send him back there? 

Still an idea came to me about Tartues. What if Discord was born from the chaos and negative energy that exist in tartues? That seems like an idea seeing as he has god like powers.

True, but we still don't know how tartues works. We don't know if it's a evil spirt world or a place filled with evil dead spirits. And if Discord does have a family and they are sealed in tartues, why did Celestia and Luna not send him back there? 

Still an idea came to me about Tartues. What if Discord was born from the chaos and negative energy that exist in tartues? That seems like an idea seeing as he has god like powers.

all the more reason to have the episode ^^, its a return to tartues.

It's possible discord has slipped out of tartues repeatedly.