Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Dog Tags

Capt. Snuggle Gruff

Enterplay has recently launched their first set of Dog Tags (picture below).  I went in search to find some and was surprised to find many.  They retail for about $3, and come with 1 Dog Tag, 1 Decal, and 1 Tattoo set.  The tags are double sided with a cutie mark, or symbol on one side and a pony on the other (in most cases, there are a few which have two symbols on each side).  Also there are a few rare metallic ones, which can be found much easier if you buy a 2 Pack, but I've never seen those before.  Just wanted to hear yall's opinion on these little guys.

post-17262-0-32148800-1383224484_thumb.jpg

As for the ones I purchased I got Twilight and Cadence and Shinning Armor (not that Cadence and Shinning share one dog tag).  They are pretty nice and have a good weight to them.  Their chain is nice and strong, but a bit small, I failed at slipping it over my head and it became a metal headband.  But thats not a problem with the product, just my big egghead :/

The price seems a bit steep, $3 for one piece of metal, but then again you are getting a nice decal, a tattoo set, and a chain that goes with the dog tag.  So I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

Also one more thing, some of the dog tags have that clear film on them (kinda like new electronics have, the kind that are fun to peel off).  But for some reason, even though my Cadence and Shinning had some of the film on the back of their tag, my Twilight had no film whatsoever.  Strange but not a problem.  Also one more note, the tags have a very nice smooth texture to them and seem very durable.  I have mine on my set of keys, and for a bit now there have been no scratches on it, so wearing it around your neck, yeah it will last a good wile.  What are your thoughts?

• Brohoof 1

I saw those a while ago, I really liked the idea. Having pony dog tags on you is awesome, I have no idea if or when it will come to my country but I would definitely pick up a few. I like them all equally much, but I guess I would either take the Derpy or Fluttershy one as my first. I can imagine that these will become very popular.

Like you said, it would be nice on a key. I'm definitely going to get one or two when I'll find one.

• Brohoof 1

I can't wait to get my hands on some of these! They look pretty cool. I couldn't help but notice (joyfully I might add!) that best princess is represented in all three types of tags. I think Hasbro is finally starting to get the message, and I think my wallet just got a little lighter.

I actually got the 2 packs at Meijer (  pricey though 7.99$ for the 2 pack). I'm a little frustrated that it appears there is no way to tell what's on the inside like you can with the codes on the figurines.

I found the 2 packs by the trading cards and the blind bag ones up front by the registers

These are the ones I have (excluding 2 repeats)

post-11698-0-91662900-1383893375_thumb.jpg

I have bought around 11 or so packs and one Premium tag. I bought the Twilight and Applejack pack of those. In terms of pulls, I have not done too great. Good enough I guess but I still want the regular Twilicorn. The premium one will hold me over until then.

I have pulled:

Regular Discord

Regular Derpy (x2)

Chrysalis (x2)

Hoity Toity

Princess Luna

Regular Rarity

Metallic Rarity

Despite the troubles of it being random of course, these are awesome for their price. Basically great quality necklaces and that is always good. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I planned on purchasing and giving away until I landed a Rarity dog tag, but, lucky me, I landed a metallic Rarity one on my first try. I wear it 24/7, around my neck.

So...I probably saved a lot of money. biggrin.png

Edited by ghostfacekiller39

I found these at Five Below, and got Princess Luna, Hoity Toity and metallic Pinkie. Think these are a pretty good deal - they make cool keychains and some of the stickers that come with them are awesome. My boyfriend opened a pack with the Wonderbolts sticker and loved it so much he claimed it for his Xbox (and he isn't a brony!)

Edited by Powderpuff

I actually bought my first two dog tags today for black Friday. I got them for 6 bucks so idk if I got ripped. Well I got Lyra and Bon Bon with parasprite stickers and Twilight the Beareded tattoo.

The second I got a metallic Pinkie Pie with a FIM sucker and a wonderbolt tattoo

I actually bought my first two dog tags today for black Friday. I got them for 6 bucks so idk if I got ripped. Well I got Lyra and Bon Bon with parasprite stickers and Twilight the Beareded tattoo.

The second I got a metallic Pinkie Pie with a FIM sucker and a wonderbolt tattoo

If you bought both for together for 6 bucks, then no you didn't get ripped off.  They normally price around $2.98.  I was at my target and found one but it was already half opened.  I checked inside and there was a Pinkie in there, didn't get it though cause it looked really boogered up.

If you bought both for together for 6 bucks, then no you didn't get ripped off. They normally price around $2.98. I was at my target and found one but it was already half opened. I checked inside and there was a Pinkie in there, didn't get it though cause it looked really boogered up.

Well I definitely got ripped then I meant six bucks each sorry. Damn you Hot Topic. Well idgaf anyway money is just paper but still damn it. Next time I'm going to Target or something to get one.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if the deluxe dog tags were released in the U.S.? If so where can I find them?

I got mine in walmart where the TCGs were.

I got one at a hole-in-the-wall comic store near where I live. The metallic Fluttershy, so much yay. I wear the thing almost every day. Does anyone know if the UPC codes vary? It would make finding the other ones I want much easier.

Edit: I recently bought two more: Celestia and metallic Twilight Sparkle.

Edited by Frith is Magik

I got one at a hole-in-the-wall comic store near where I live. The metallic Fluttershy, so much yay. I wear the thing almost every day. Does anyone know if the UPC codes vary? It would make finding the other ones I want much easier.

That is weird, dude!!

I picked up the metallic Rarity one at Target on my first try, and I wear it every single day :D

And no, there isn't. First true blindbag. :(