Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming How many of you play the PS3?

Twila Starshimmer

That seems like a woefully small amount of games to be interested in but I'm the type of guy who will literally play anything and everything and a library of 400 games across all the consoles I own is still not enough to satisfy my hunger for more games so what do I know? tongue.png

I've played the Playstation consoles since the first one, so I'm keeping the tradition alive. So, I play a PS3 currently until I get enough money to buy the PS4 after Christmas.

I own a Ps3 but, it over heated about 4 months ago. 

I was going to fix it but, I thought nah, I'll just wait till the ps4 comes out though, it might be a while till I actually own a PS4.

Well there you go. How can you say you aren't interested if you don't know half the exclusives they even have. laugh.png

The ones I don't know I've never even heard of...I know Condemned and Tales of Vesperia. I looked up the others and I'm not huge on anime style, to be honest. Final Fantasy is about as anime as it gets for me, other than Rune Factory series. Though I admit I don't watch a lot of gaming news videos or anything like that.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but are you one of those "all hail the XBOX 360" ponies? You seem to be very adamant on proving something it seems.

Edited by Twila Starshimmer

Hey! Nice to see all the PS3 players here. I play too, but pretty much only cod :P Well, if anyone wants to, my psn is "DiTzyy-" its always better to play cod with people you know (i have other games too though) 

Discrimination is a gamer's worst enemy, I always say. The moment you start disregarding a game because of it's relation to an artstyle or a genre you cut yourself off from so many games that would have totally blown your mind.

@@Appleloosa,

Hi! Oh my goodness, about the same time I read your PSN I also saw your avatar, and the two synced up perfectly. happy.png  

Discrimination is a gamer's worst enemy, I always say. The moment you start disregarding a game because of it's relation to an artstyle or a genre you cut yourself off from so many games that would have totally blown your mind.

That can be true, yes. Though, for me, it's more so the fact that the anime-styled games I have tried tended to have a similar format. Not sure if it's due to the country that they're from and that's what's popular there, or if it's the developer's idea.

Edited by Twila Starshimmer
  • Brohoof 1

A sure sign you haven't played nearly enough. That can be said of any genre. Too often people play one or two games/franchises and write the rest off as being exactly the same. There are actually very few games that are ever the same as another so completely that there is no point in playing both.

I am firmly against people disregarding games they've never heard of, let alone played. I hate to see people take sides without actually knowing anything about the opposition. biggrin.png

Also, if it wasn't obvious, I feel very strongly about these things. I've been a gamer all my life and it's just about the only thing that matters to me. Passion doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about video games. laugh.png

Edited by Discordian

I have a PS3, probably will get a ps4 in the suture but in the meantime I'm looking forward to getting final fantasy x and x-2 remastered, since i missed the ps2 generation which is a darn shame, but most likely i will probably invest in a new PC before getting a ps4 though.

I have a PS3, probably will get a ps4 in the suture but in the meantime I'm looking forward to getting final fantasy x and x-2 remastered, since i missed the ps2 generation which is a darn shame, but most likely i will probably invest in a new PC before getting a ps4 though.

PS2's are incredibly cheap these days and a lot of the popular games don't go for more than $30. It's not too late to grab one for the future and get what you missed.

A sure sign you haven't played nearly enough. That can be said of any genre. Too often people play one or two games/franchises and write the rest off as being exactly the same. There are actually very few games that are ever the same as another so completely that there is no point in playing both.

I am firmly against people disregarding games they've never heard of, let alone played. I hate to see people take sides without actually knowing anything about the opposition. biggrin.png

Also, if it wasn't obvious, I feel very strongly about these things. I've been a gamer all my life and it's just about the only thing that matters to me. Passion doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about video games. laugh.png

Lol, I can tell. I may not have played every game that is anime style, for example, but just by watching some videos online of the gameplay and such I can tell if I will or won't like the game from my personal experience. I'm pretty sure I just wouldn't like most of those, sorry.

You do what you do but I will never believe that you wouldn't like them until you've actually played them. I have witnessed and experienced it a million times over: You cannot possibly know if you'd like a game if you haven't played it. Watching a game is NOTHING like playing a game. You cannot feel the subtleties of the gameplay, you cannot understand the deepness of it's systems and you certainly can't tell how good things can become later in the game if you saw a two minute clip of mid-game gameplay. If that never happens then whatevs but I stand by what I said. Watching and playing are NEVER the same thing. :P

Edited by Discordian

You do what you do but I will never believe that you wouldn't like them until you've actually played them. I have witnessed and experienced it a million times over: You cannot possibly know if you'd like a game if you haven't played it. Watching a game is NOTHING like playing a game. You cannot feel the subtleties of the gameplay, you cannot understand the deepness of it's systems and you certainly can't tell how good things can become later in the game if you saw a two minute clip of mid-game gameplay. If that never happens then whatevs but I stand by what I said. Watching and playing are NEVER the same thing. tongue.png

Okay, I gotcha. :)

I think it's best to just agree to disagree at this point. No sense having a debate when we just feel differently. ;)