Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming How many of you play the PS3?

Twila Starshimmer

*Hugs back* Yay friends. wub.png

I've played my PS3 a lot over the years. I only just got my 360 October of last year. Had my PS3 much longer and between that and my PS2 it's been my main gaming console for a long time. Bought it used too so I'm surprised it lasted that long without issue. I wanna squeeze as much as I can out of it before I have to buy a new one though. I have too many other consoles I want before I even think of rebuying any like the Wii-U.

Few agree with me but I think FFX is actually one of the weaker games in the series. I liked it's sequel much more and even then FFXII is much better.

FFXIII is actually an extremely linear game. You'll be walking in a straight line most of the game. The focus is the story and battle system. However, the battle system gets far more interesting when you get access to the Crystarium and can change your own Paradigms so give it some time to pick up.

FFXIII-2 is completely different though. A vamped up version of the battle system, levels aren't anywhere nears as linear as before and they've also added a monster capture system that allows you to use them in battle as your third party member and also fuse them together to make them stronger ala Shin Megami Tensei.

Even if you don't particularly care for FFXIII in the end definitely still give the sequel a shot. It's far better in just about every way.

• Brohoof 1

I'm still getting over how many great games the Playstation 2 had.

Do you guys remember Ratchet & Clank? I remember Ratchet & Clank.

PS2 definitely had a lot of great games but I actually prefer PS3 R&C to the PS2 ones. It's much smoother and much less dependent on memorizing patterns and more about mass destruction.

I was always a fan of Sly more than R&C and I've only played a few hours of Jak.

RPG central though! Wild Arms, Shin Megami Tensei, Xenosaga, Shadow Hearts, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Summoner, Phantom Brave, Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile.... wub.png:wub:wub.png

Oh, come here, you! *grabs into a hug*img-2016158-2-tongue.png

That's odd. I don't own Infamous yet, but I have had my Playstation shut off a few times in the past (my old one). It got too overheated from back to back gaming. Not sure if that has anything to do with your issue, though.

I have that one and the first, but I still have to play them. They are my first real FF games after FFX, and so far the first one seems very...bland? At least, in terms of holding my attention. I'm only right after the collapse of the bridge thing, but so far it feels super linear in appearance. Is this normal? Does it get better?

The thing that a lot of people seem to refuse to acknowledge though is that FFX and FFXIII are actually VERY similar. Both literally have you walking in a straight line for most of the game and are very story-focused. The Crystarium is a lot like the Sphere Grid too if maybe a little more restrictive. If you like FFX you have a pretty good chance of liking FFXIII.

Edited by Discordian

If you haven't even gotten to Lake Bresha then you definitely gotta give it more of a shot. Lake Bresha itself is EXTREMELY beautiful. A giant lake, crystallized in a state as if it had been through a storm. It's awesome.

Just wait until you get to know the characters better, particularly Sazh. Sazh is hilarious.

• Brohoof 1

Every Final Fantasy plays differently from the others so it's quite the ride to play as many as possible. Exceptions are the earlier games that are a lot alike but still change things here and there and the direct sequels like X-2 and XIII-2. They generally take what their predecessor had and change/improve it. Some, like Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core (both from FFVII), are so extremely different from the original that you wouldn't know they were based on that if it weren't for the characters and locales.

My favorites are FFIX, FFXII, Crystal Chronicles and Dirge of Cerberus.

...I might have issues picking favorites. laugh.png

I only played Echoes of Time and I did appreciate the platforming and puzzles a lot but it just didn't capture the atmosphere of the original. Still need to play The Crystal Bearers and Ring of Fate though.

Yeah, It's the only console I play on right now. I currently own:

Gran Turismo 5

CoD 4

CoD Black Ops

CoD Black Ops 2

NFS Most Wanted

CoD MW3

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line

GRID

DiRT 3

I probably own a few others, but that's all I can think of.

Friend me if you would like. PSN: LunarVelocity

• 1 year later...

I don't have a PS3, even though I grew up with the PS1 and PS2 throughout my life. I was thinking about getting a PS3 one day, but I can't find many games that I like.

I'm always on the PS3 at least once a day, though i'm not sure how long that'll last as I'm buying a gaming PC shortly  :P  Will be spending less time on the PS3 and more on the PC, but until then, I still play  ^_^

My PS3 died recently. I'm not gonna bother getting another one since most of the games I can get elsewhere. I'm selling off my collection to fund a PS4. Lots of amazing games already on it and even better ones coming out.

I still play it, although I usually play on PS4 now. I'd like to get some of the rpg's on it like the Tales series and some other games I haven't got yet. I still have quite a few games I haven't even opened yet so I'll still keep going back to my PS3. I also get free games from the Playstation Plus instant game collection which is also a bonus.