Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MrPandaa

it is to say, keep your love for your country, your will to fight, the fire than you have inside your heart (my rifle) but transform them to do something usefull to the others smile.png

Love it!  That's a great way to view one's life and responsibilities.

I am Indian. My parents are from the state of Gujarat, located in West India. I was born and raised in the United States. It's a shame that Indians are underrepresented in the fandom, despite there being over one billion of us.

So, by underrepresented, do you mean that there are Indians in the fandom, but just don't get a lot of cred, or that there simply aren't a lot of Indians who like MLP?

Apperently I'm actually Greek, Scottish, and Native American. Go figure.

Well, that's a new combination.  And yet another Scott!  I've seen a lot of those pop up.  Also, about your siggy...who's the 1st most random member?

I'm half German, and half English. I also apparently have a very little bit of Swiss in me...Interesting.

Hmm....allow me to ponder this for a moment.

I'm an irish native american viking! This means that I like getting into fights, I like getting drunk, and I always lose! Hooray!

Sounds.....freakin' awesome!!!  Hmm...no wonder you like fighting and getting drunk, if you were rejected from the Sex Pistols...that could make any man go crazy. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Well, that's a new combination.  And yet another Scott!  I've seen a lot of those pop up.  Also, about your siggy...who's the 1st most random member?

Hmm....allow me to ponder this for a moment.

Frosty V. That man... the Random is strong with him...

Well, my entire paternal side, up until my father, was straight-up Hungarian.  In fact, I may or may not be part of the historical Arpad family, which is, while not Malfoy-esque exclusive, pretty purely Hungarian.  Not sure, though.  My mother's side is mostly Romanian with a mater-mater aspect of Polish (my maternal grandmother's maiden name is Lipschitz), as well.  Both my parents grew up in Côte-des-Neiges, Québec, just off Mount Royal, which is west of Montréal.  I, however, was born in Toronto.  Sigh.  The English-speaking big-city life is not for me.  Too light-polluted for a stargazer.

• Brohoof 1

Well, my entire paternal side, up until my father, was straight-up Hungarian.  In fact, I may or may not be part of the historical Arpad family, which is, while not Malfoy-esque exclusive, pretty purely Hungarian.  Not sure, though.  My mother's side is mostly Romanian with a mater-mater aspect of Polish (my maternal grandmother's maiden name is Lipschitz), as well.  Both my parents grew up in Côte-des-Neiges, Québec, just off Mount Royal, which is west of Montréal.  I, however, was born in Toronto.  Sigh.  The English-speaking big-city life is not for me.  Too light-polluted for a stargazer.

Well, that's an interesting history you got there!  And I completely agree about light pollution...it's super annoying.  Which is one reason my family lives in the boonies!

Norway, Iceland, Chile, Peru, Greece, Spain. (I think England and as well, but that is a bit deeper into history.)

Yeah, my mothers side have been all over the world.... I should make a map of it once....

My fathers side have been in Iceland since the vikings moved from sweeden.

Woah, that's a lot of places.  Hey, one of them is Norway!  Another Norwegian!  And a viking, too.  Cool. :)

Oh, yeah: your sig blew my mind from one wall to the next, man.  Crazy.

Dang, and you do parkour, to.  Viking-from-everywhere-parkour-cookie guy!

English, American, Greek, and German.

My family has been in America since the very very early 1700's we originally emigrated from England.

That's a combination I haven't seen yet.  Neat!

• Brohoof 1

Vietnamese and at least on my dad's side since the 18th or 19th century from my grandfather's journal, hand written and handed down to him and now my dad from each generation, they have been Catholic since the French arrived and colonized Vietnam.

• Brohoof 2

Vietnamese and at least on my dad's side since the 18th or 19th century from my grandfather's journal, hand written and handed down to him and now my dad from each generation, they have been Catholic since the French arrived and colonized Vietnam.

Cool!  Do you have any French in you as well, or are you purely Vietnamese?

For me it's pretty much all White British. Not too interesting except that I'm 1/8th Australian. I think one of my ancestors was on the first few ships to Australia, before they started sending criminals but that's about it.

• Brohoof 1

Cool!  Do you have any French in you as well, or are you purely Vietnamese?

Maybe on my mom's side but that's very hard to tell. Since the end of the war and the Fall of Saigon a lot of the records and transcripts were lost. Some relatives of mine on my dad's side do have partial Chinese ancestry but aside from that my main family line on my dad and mom's sides which are known are purely Vietnamese.

You never know though, there's always a chance we have some part French relatives somewhere down the line. I do know several of my dad's friends, since he went to seminary school, were ordained and moved or were relocated to places in Europe including France. 

• Brohoof 2

For me it's pretty much all White British. Not too interesting except that I'm 1/8th Australian. I think one of my ancestors was on the first few ships to Australia, before they started sending criminals but that's about it.

Hey, I believe you're the first part-Australian I've seen yet.  Man, I'd really like to see Australia, and I mean see it, not just look it up on Google Earth. smile.png

Maybe on my mom's side but that's very hard to tell. Since the end of the war and the Fall of Saigon a lot of the records and transcripts were lost. Some relatives of mine on my dad's side do have partial Chinese ancestry but aside from that my main family line on my dad and mom's sides which are known are purely Vietnamese.

You never know though, there's always a chance we have some part French relatives somewhere down the line. I do know several of my dad's friends, since he went to seminary school, were ordained and moved or were relocated to places in Europe including France. 

Oh, I see.  I was wondering because you said that your ancestors were influenced by French colonization, and there's a fairly good chance that some of the French married Vietnamese people after they moved in.

So, by underrepresented, do you mean that there are Indians in the fandom, but just don't get a lot of cred, or that there simply aren't a lot of Indians who like MLP?

I just haven't noticed too many Indians on these forums. Perhaps I don't know many Indian bronies, if any at all. I have introduced a few Indians to the show, but I'm not sure whether they watch it regularly or not. I know there are Indians who love MLP, and perhaps there are far more than I am aware of. It all depends on personal preference. MLP has been aired in different countries and translated into different languages, but I have yet to find a Hindi dubbed theme song of MLP. 

If I go to BronyCon, I might end up meeting some Indian bronies. That would be awesome! biggrin.png  

• Brohoof 1

I just haven't noticed too many Indians on these forums. Perhaps I don't know many Indian bronies, if any at all. I have introduced a few Indians to the show, but I'm not sure whether they watch it regularly or not. I know there are Indians who love MLP, and perhaps there are far more than I am aware of. It all depends on personal preference. MLP has been aired in different countries and translated into different languages, but I have yet to find a Hindi dubbed theme song of MLP. 

If I go to BronyCon, I might end up meeting some Indian bronies. That would be awesome! biggrin.png  

I gotcha.  Yeah, I can see that being really cool, finding some Indian bronies to chill with!

My dad looks like Jackie Chan. 

Umm...okay.  Are you saying that because you think you're of Asian descent, or just 'cause Jackie Chan's freaking cool?

Edited by MrPandaa

Hey, I believe you're the first part-Australian I've seen yet. Man, I'd really like to see Australia, and I mean see it, not just look it up on Google Earth. smile.png

Well if you've got the money to get there, it's well worth your time. The wildlife is unbelievable, with even just Kangaroos being a common as foxes. Also, the food there, in Sydney inparticular, comes from all over the world. Last time I went was back in 2008 so I don't remember the food to well but I remember the ice cream was exquisite.

Sorry if I went on a bit too much.

• Brohoof 1

Well if you've got the money to get there, it's well worth your time. The wildlife is unbelievable, with even just Kangaroos being a common as foxes. Also, the food there, in Sydney inparticular, comes from all over the world. Last time I went was back in 2008 so I don't remember the food to well but I remember the ice cream was exquisite.

Wow, that sounds really cool!

Sorry if I went on a bit too much.

Oh, don't be.  I love just hearing about other places!  You could say that foreign countries are one of my passions in life!

Edited by MrPandaa

I'm pure Korean. But my parents and my brother moved to New Zealand eight years ago, where I learned(and still learning) English.

Wow, that's pretty neat!  Korean is definitely on my list of languages that I want to learn, and I'd love to visit both Korea and New Zealand.  Being a LOTR nerd, New Zealand is as close as I can get to visiting Middle-Earth, and besides that, it's just so beautiful, with its untouched and still-wild mountains and fresh landscapes.

And for someone who's still learning English, you sound pretty solid to me. :)  Keep it up!