Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MrPandaa

Our ancestry's fully Chinese. I think we come from the Fu-chien province (or something like that), and they say that most of those guys are scholars (like me and my dad). We also love eating rice xD. Umm... my grand-dad experienced the take-over of Indonesia by the Japanese and he ran into the forests. I understand completely because the Japanese were brutal with their torture methods. For them, all was fair in war.

• Brohoof 2

Our ancestry's fully Chinese. I think we come from the Fu-chien province (or something like that), and they say that most of those guys are scholars (like me and my dad). We also love eating rice xD. Umm... my grand-dad experienced the take-over of Indonesia by the Japanese and he ran into the forests. I understand completely because the Japanese were brutal with their torture methods. For them, all was fair in war.

All of my ancestors are too young at their time to participate in any war...

Came from the Kuandong and Taiwan.

• Brohoof 1

Although my family didn't participate in WW2, Indians faced difficult times. The British took so many resources from India, causing famines and death. Although many Indians fought for the British during WW2, Subhas Chandra Bose and his army got help from the Germans and Japanese while trying to free India from British rule. Although Bose was unsuccessful in freeing India, the British ended up losing the British Raj. The British Empire was the worst of the groups that fought in WW2. 

Edited by LED Dasher
  • Brohoof 1

Although my family didn't participate in WW2, Indians faced difficult times. The British took so many resources from India, causing famines and death. Although many Indians fought for the British during WW2, Subhas Chandra Bose and his army got help from the Germans and Japanese while trying to free India from British rule. Although Bose was unsuccessful in freeing India, the British ended up losing the British Raj. The British Empire was the worst of the groups that fought in WW2. 

I heard that some of the Indonesians also got help from the Japanese to be liberated from the Dutch. Nevertheless, the Indonesian women were raped to death by the Japanese soldiers, and many others were also forced into slave labour. Need I mention how they placed acid on their captives' wounds (Indonesians included) and how they ripped off their toenails as torture methods? The Japanese were still just as bad.

• Brohoof 1

Ouch, that sounds like a painful few decades right there.

I heard that some of the Indonesians also got help from the Japanese to be liberated from the Dutch. Nevertheless, the Indonesian women were raped to death by the Japanese soldiers, and many others were also forced into slave labour. Need I mention how they placed acid on their captives' wounds (Indonesians included) and how they ripped off their toenails as torture methods? The Japanese were still just as bad.

Yeah, sometimes I take a have to glance at humanity and just ask, "so, wait, why did you do that again?"

I'm a whole mix of things, but mostly:

Polish, Irish, Italian, English, and Danish

I think you're our first Pole!

Mostly Italian, but Theres a good bit of Danish in there as well...

And a tiny dash of New-Zelander 

Italian and New Zealand in the same person!  I've seen New Zealander, and lots of Italians,  but not both in the same person...until now.  Danish, though, I don't think I've seen that before.  Maybe one Dane before you.  Cool mix!

My ancestory is a mix of things including Cherokee, German, English, Irish, and Scottish. 

I wish my family history was more concentrated in one place though. It'd be nice to have an actual heritage. 

But now you're an interesting conglomeration of cultures, and can lay claim to all five of them!

I have a french and portuguese ancestry (mostly portuguese) and maybe german but i'm not really sure about this one, but i never really got my double nacionality, it's too many bureaucracy to get it, so i gave up.

• Brohoof 1

Well I am Swedish myself. My parents are Swedish too. On my mother's side, they're all Swedish, well, as long as we can go back in time and look. On my father's side, my grandma and grandpa are from Finland.

• Brohoof 1

Woah, we've got an everybody person!  I believe you're the first one with nearly everything in him.

Wow, that's some impressive genealogy there!  I think that my family has only been able to trace back to Charlemagne.  Indus Valley, eh?  That's cool.

Another Irishman!  I love the culture and myths of Ireland, and I really want to go there someday.  Unfortunately, I don't have any specialty in name genealogy.

Woah, another everybody!  I think you're from just about every one of the countries that I have become fascinated with over the years.  And last ancestor of the Antarctic Natives?  That's pretty awesome, not to mention a weight on your shoulders to, y'know, continue the line.

P.S. Pretty cool sig, bro.

Un Mexicano blanco, eh?  Nunca me digo esto antes de ahora.  I hope that's right. :) I can theoretically speak Spanish at conversational fluency, but it's never really been tested yet. :)

Yeah, I thought it was awesome, myself!

And thanks, I like the signature, as well.

• Brohoof 1

I have a french and portuguese ancestry (mostly portuguese) and maybe german but i'm not really sure about this one, but i never really got my double nacionality, it's too many bureaucracy to get it, so i gave up.

Well, you're certainly the first from Portugal (but not the first German or Frenchie).  Do you know any Portugeuse?

I believe that my ancestors were Vietnamese and possibly Chinese.

Ah, another Vietnam...ian, I guess?  (lol) Vietnam is one of those cultures that I would love to know more about (all I know if from Forrest Gump; "We was always taking long walks, and we was always looking for a guy named "Charlie.  It's this whole 'nuther country!"

Well I am Swedish myself. My parents are Swedish too. On my mother's side, they're all Swedish, well, as long as we can go back in time and look. On my father's side, my grandma and grandpa are from Finland.

Oh, our first Swede!  And maybe the first Finn (?), too.  Gimme a break, guys--I'm doing the best I can with these demographic placeholder name-thingies! Hey, I just realized that Finland is a part of Scandinavia, too.  Welcome, my brothuh hundreds of times removed!

Oh, uhh...I should ask you something.  Oh!  I got it!  What is your avatar, exactly?  (Not trying to be rude here; it just looks like a dancing Kirby to me, and so I want to know if it is or if it's something else.)

Yeah, I thought it was awesome, myself!

And thanks, I like the signature, as well.

I just had an awesome idea.  You should go to Antarctica and put flags with your avatar on them all over it, declaring it the property of super2379 forever!  It is your birthright, is it not?

And if anyone gets mad, you can blow them up with Light Streak.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, our first Swede! And maybe the first Finn (?), too. Gimme a break, guys--I'm doing the best I can with these demographic placeholder name-thingies! Hey, I just realized that Finland is a part of Scandinavia, too. Welcome, my brothuh hundreds of times removed! Oh, uhh...I should ask you something. Oh! I got it! What is your avatar, exactly? (Not trying to be rude here; it just looks like a dancing Kirby to me, and so I want to know if it is or if it's something else.)

yup Sweden is great :) Also, I know just a little bit finnish. I know a few words only :P

My avatar is a woona from moonstuck's head.

• Brohoof 1

yup Sweden is great smile.png Also, I know just a little bit finnish. I know a few words only tongue.png

My avatar is a woona from moonstuck's head.

If you ever don't have anything better to do (I imagine that, as a staff member, you have some obligations besides responding to some random culture-loving Parasprite), what are those few Finnish words?

Ah, now I see...your avatar is from a pony fanfic, right?

Edited by MrPandaa

what are those few Finnish words?

These few words are as suggested, very few. I can say lamp, which is lamppu, sofa which is sohva, I can count to 10: yksi, kaksi, kolme, neljä, viisi, kuusi, seitsemän, kahdeksan, yhdeksän, kymmenen. I can say kiitos which means thanks and also ole hyvä which is like um.. No problems.. but not really. You my grandmother has told me you use it when you give someone something.. I think. I can say hi which is hei, and couple more things I can't remember at the moment.

Ah, now I see...your avatar is from a pony fanfic, right?

Actually, it is from a tumblr which then became a fanfic and an animation. Someone then created a funny fan-animation of the youtube video which can be found here:

http://egophiliac.deviantart.com/art/bipedal-woona-head-in-the-enchanted-fairy-garden-297934847

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

Well, you're certainly the first from Portugal (but not the first German or Frenchie).  Do you know any Portugeuse?

Actually, i live in Brazil, e sim, sei falar português decentemente tongue.png  and i do not have german ancestry, i just checked it with my mom smile.png

• Brohoof 1

These few words are as suggested, very few. I can say lamp, which is lamppu, sofa which is sohva, I can count to 10: yksi, kaksi, kolme, neljä, viisi, kuusi, seitsemän, kahdeksan, yhdeksän, kymmenen. I can say kiitos which means thanks and also ole hyvä which is like um.. No problems.. but not really. You my grandmother has told me you use it when you give someone something.. I think. I can say hi which is hei, and couple more things I can't remember at the moment.

Oh, cool!  That's so different from in Italian and Spanish, but at the same time somewhat similar to English (hi=hei, lamp=lamppu, sofa=sohva).  That's interesting...I just quickly checked its classification, and Finnish is in a little group called Uralic, which includes a few indigenous Baltic Sea languages and Estonian.

Actually, it es from a tumblr which then became a fanfic y an animation. Someone then creado a funny fan-animation de the youtube video which can existir hallar here:

Ah, I see now.  Sorry, I couldn't watch the vid due to school-imposed blocks.

Actually, i live in Brazil, e sim, sei falar português decentemente img-2023898-1-tongue.png  and i do not have german ancestry, i just checked it with my mom img-2023898-2-smile.png

Ah, Brazilian Portugeuse, not European.  That's certainly on my list of languages to learn (shouldn't be too hard after learning both Italian and Spanish, as they are all Romance languages).

Oh, that's always funny, when you think you know something about yourself, and then it turns out that someone knows you better than you do. :)

African.German.a wee bit scottish. Oh and because my ancestors are from south africa whats the result? Mixed! Im an oreo,go me!

Wow, that's an interesting descent!  Oreos...now you've gone and made me hungry, girl!

P.S. Fluttershy is amazing!

• Brohoof 1

Ah, Brazilian Portugeuse, not European.  That's certainly on my list of languages to learn (shouldn't be too hard after learning both Italian and Spanish, as they are all Romance languages).

Oh, that's always funny, when you think you know something about yourself, and then it turns out that someone knows you better than you do. smile.png

Yes tongue.png ,and i plan on learning deutsch and italian too, and is also very good to know that some people from history books are actually your relatives  laugh.png  i have one of these and i kinda feel special because of this  tongue.png

Edited by Bruno ©
  • Brohoof 1

Yes img-2024010-2-tongue.png ,and i plan on learning deutsch and italian too, and is also very good to know that some people from history books are actually your relatives  img-2024010-3-laugh.png  i have one of these and i kinda feel special because of this  img-2024010-4-tongue.png

That's really cool!  (The ancestors and the learning Deutsch and Italian)  I kinda feel ya on the textbook thing--I think that I'm distantly related to Charlemagne!

• Brohoof 1

That's really cool!  (The ancestors and the learning Deutsch and Italian)  I kinda feel ya on the textbook thing--I think that I'm distantly related to Charlemagne!

I am related to the Marquis of Pombal, a very important person to Portugal (they even made a monument dedicated to him) and to Brazil's history, and my family has many famous and historical figures and they also did many important things in my country and my city, i wonder if i am going to do anything important in my life wacko.png

• Brohoof 1

I am related to the Marquis of Pombal, a very important person to Portugal (they even made a monument dedicated to him) and to Brazil's history, and my family has many famous and historical figures and they also did many important things in my country and my city, i wonder if i am going to do anything important in my life img-2024397-1-wacko.png

Wow, that's cool!  And I'm sure you'll live up to his heritage.  You're a brony, for one, and you simply have the desire, for another.  What more could you need?

• Brohoof 1

Wow, that's cool!  And I'm sure you'll live up to his heritage.  You're a brony, for one, and you simply have the desire, for another.  What more could you need?

Let's see, i kinda like hard challenges, and this is one of them, i can be whatever i want now, i'm 15 and i still have many things to do. Who knows if one of them is really important? wink.png

• Brohoof 1