Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MrPandaa

I'm Indian :) Indian as in from India, not Native American.

Cool!  I believe we've had one other Indian, @LED Dasher (which is probably why he brohoofed your post)!  Y'know, I just watched Life of Pi last night, and I just had to add Hindi and several other Indian languages to my list.  (One of my passions in life is learning about foreign cultures and languages.)  Do you know any Indian languages? :)

• Brohoof 2

Cool!  I believe we've had one other Indian, @LED Dasher (which is probably why he brohoofed your post)!  Y'know, I just watched Life of Pi last night, and I just had to add Hindi and several other Indian languages to my list.  (One of my passions in life is learning about foreign cultures and languages.)  Do you know any Indian languages? :)

Oh really? Hello, LED Dasher!!

Anyway, I know what you mean about languages - they're so wonderful! - but unfortunately, no, I don't know any. I was born in India, but I've lived here in the US since I was 2, so I'm pretty much pure American now!

• Brohoof 1

I'm mostly German and Scottish. I have some British and Cherokee blood in me as well.

But I personally think I look like a Russian...

German, Scottish, British and Cherokee...I think that's a new one!  Interesting that you look Russian, though.  I can see how that could happen with that bloodline. ;)

Mostly English, Irish and Scottish, with some Native American.

Ooh, that's a combination I haven't seen before!  The Celtic cultures fascinate me, so excuse me while I fanboy for a moment over your awesome genetics. ;)

Oh really? Hello, LED Dasher!!

Anyway, I know what you mean about languages - they're so wonderful! - but unfortunately, no, I don't know any. I was born in India, but I've lived here in the US since I was 2, so I'm pretty much pure American now!

Ah, good ol' 'Merica!  I can see why you've never learned anything but English.  But, other languages are so cool, and many of them are becoming quite useful in certain jobs! :)

My family is a split decision literly I'm Irish on one side and German on the other and partialy Indian on both.

Interesting...I don't think I've yet seen Irish, German, and a little Indian!  That's a cool one!

Namaste! Aap kaise hai? What state in India are you from? It's good to see more Indians who enjoy MLP! How did you get into the show?

Hello! I was born in New Delhi, but I was adopted by American parents, so I don't speak any Hindi. I wish I did. I've tried learning how to write devanagari, though, and that's been fun.

Likewise! I got into the show near the end of the first season. Someone posted a clip of the song Winter Wrap Up, and I was totally intrigued, and started watching the series in order! The first episode I got to watch air live was Over a Barrel :)

Glad to meet you!

• Brohoof 1

I've been told my ancestors are from Germany, however I'd be shocked if I'm completely German. I'm sure there's some ancestors from other European countries. However, I don't know which ones.

• Brohoof 1

According to Ancestry DNA. Great Britain: 38%, Scandinavia:  29%, Ireland:  10%, Italy/Greece:  9%, Europe West:  8%, Iberian Peninsula:  2%, Caucasus:  3%.

Edited by FireFox
  • Brohoof 1

I've been told my ancestors are from Germany, however I'd be shocked if I'm completely German. I'm sure there's some ancestors from other European countries. However, I don't know which ones.

Ahh, German.  That's cool.  Yeah, I'd be a little surprised if you were all German, but I've seen people who are 100% something or another.

PS Nice siggy :)

PPS Dude, you and me are super similar!  I love languages and coding, too!  Unfortunately, those are very recently developed interests, so I'm not too far along with them, but I'm getting there. :)  Cool to know that there's someone else out there with similar interests to mine.

On my dads side, fully Egyptian and on my mothers side, England, New zealand, South africa and madagascar

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!  *tire screech*  You're what?  Egyptian, English, New Zealander, South African, and Malagasay?  Wow, that's some cool ancestry there, brosis!

According to Ancestry DNA. Great Britain: 38%, Scandinavia:  29%, Ireland:  10%, Italy/Greece:  9%, Europe West:  8%, Iberian Peninsula:  2%, Caucasus:  3%.

Wow, that's very specific!  What did you use to get that info?

PS Ooh, another Scandinavian!  Go Scandinavia!  Woot!

100% Dutch,

Anypony else who's Dutch too around here?

Wow, 100% a Nederlander (I think--is that right?)!  I unfortunately can't tell you names, but I remember that there were a few other Dutch ponies earlier in the thread.

German/ScotchIrish and also Greek/Jewish (I know, right?)

I actually have olive skin, which basically means I can never wear green.

Heh, that's an interesting combination!  *reads again* A very interesting combination.  (In a good way, of course!)

Kinda sad that you can't wear green, but I can understand why that would be an issue--it'd bring out the natural olive color way too much, amiright?

(Sorry it took me so long to respond, everypony.  I accidentally overwrited my copy of the post while trying to move tabs around, and lost what I had typed.)  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Ahh, German.  That's cool.  Yeah, I'd be a little surprised if you were all German, but I've seen people who are 100% something or another.

PS Nice siggy :)

PPS Dude, you and me are super similar!  I love languages and coding, too!  Unfortunately, those are very recently developed interests, so I'm not too far along with them, but I'm getting there. :)  Cool to know that there's someone else out there with similar interests to mine.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!  *tire screech*  You're what?  Egyptian, English, New Zealander, South African, and Malagasay?  Wow, that's some cool ancestry there, brosis!

Wow, that's very specific!  What did you use to get that info?

PS Ooh, another Scandinavian!  Go Scandinavia!  Woot!

Wow, 100% a Nederlander (I think--is that right?)!  I unfortunately can't tell you names, but I remember that there were a few other Dutch ponies earlier in the thread.

Heh, that's an interesting combination!  *reads again* A very interesting combination.  (In a good way, of course!)

Kinda sad that you can't wear green, but I can understand why that would be an issue--it'd bring out the natural olive color way too much, amiright?

(Sorry it took me so long to respond, everypony.  I accidentally overwrited my copy of the post while trying to move tabs around, and lost what I had typed.)   :lol:

Yep Nederlands is completely right :D

BTW don't know I'm completely 100% Dutch, but at least since 150 years ago!

According to my parents, I am of the following:

• German
  • Dutch
  • Indian
  • Italian 
  • French

Dutch :D

yay...

You don't live in the Netherlands don't you :)

Edited by Wayzer107

According to my parents, I am of the following:

• German
  • Dutch
  • Indian
  • Italian 
  • French

Ooh, that's a new combination!  You got some pretty neat genetics going on there, sis!

Yep Nederlands is completely right

Okay, that's good to know.  Now I know what to call a Dutch person (other than "a Dutch person," of course)!

• Brohoof 2

Dutch yay... You don't live in the Netherlands don't you

I just live in the United States, personally. My ancestry is just a mix of everything, apparently.  

• Brohoof 2

German/Italian/Portuguese/Irish

Ya know the basic European mix.

Might be basic, but it's still cool.  I want to learn every one of them languages, especially German!

PS Awesome username and avatar, girl. ;)

English, German, Filipino.

Ooh, you're our second Filipino, and the first with those other ancestors of yours!  Do you speak any Tagalog?  I've been wanting to learn it for some time, and I'm just generally a sucker to see foreign languages in action. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Ooh, you're our second Filipino, and the first with those other ancestors of yours!  Do you speak any Tagalog?  I've been wanting to learn it for some time, and I'm just generally a sucker to see foreign languages in action. :lol:

No, unfortunately. I only know English. :(  I should learn about it, too.

• Brohoof 1

No, unfortunately. I only know English. :(  I should learn about it, too.

That's all right, man!  Being in the US, there's not really any reason outside of pure desire to learn it, so I understand perfectly.  :)