Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MrPandaa

(edited)

Indigenous people from the Caribbean. They have pretty much all died out by now (a process that started after making contact with Spanish colonizers, you can imagine how that went), but because of intermarriage, their blood lives on.

I love how much interest you have in everyone's background.  :D

Oh, that's neat (the extra detail on the Taíno people), and I'm sorry to hear that Western expansion gave them that unfortunate gift it tends to bring upon the objects of its scrutiny. :(  But, I'm happy that the legacy of this Caribbean people can live on.   :)

And, thanks!  Like I told before, I figure that I at least owe you ladies and gentlecolts the decency of being an engaged audience--I'm fulfilling my want to get to know people, and at the same time, I'm learning a ton about different cultures and peoples, making new friends, and establishing myself as "a somepony" on the forums, all on this one thread, all because y'all are nice enough to share your ancestry with me! :D So, thank you for giving me something to be interested in!  (I love this fanbase  :yay: )

No, my mom doesn't even speak Czech. If it was a forgein language class at my school, I'd take it, but all my school has is Spanish and Italian.

Yeah, I totally gotcha, girl.  I would take so many other cool languages (German, Scottish/Irish Gaelic, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, the list goes on) if they were offered, but alas, only Spanish, French, and Latin are anywhere to be found.  Oh, well...Spanish will always have a special place in my heart (it was my first-second language). :wub:

Edited by MrPandaa
  • Brohoof 2

i think im indonisian and chinesse and american who knows.

Neato!  I think you're one of few Indonesians, and, now that I think about it, I haven't seen very much of China either, or any East Asian nation, for that matter.  Hmm...well, you certainly have some cool background, girl! :D

PS If you like potato chips...and you like chocolate...have you ever tried potato chips, all covered in chocolate?  They are, in a word, heavenly. :)

• Brohoof 1

my grandpa is chinesse that moved into the philiphines and lived there  (im pilipino actully) since my grandpa likes indonessia alot i think part of his family came from there my grandma is pure pilipino (who knows) so yea and my dad is american

• Brohoof 1

my grandpa is chinesse that moved into the philiphines and lived there  (im pilipino actully) since my grandpa likes indonessia alot i think part of his family came from there my grandma is pure pilipino (who knows) so yea and my dad is american

Oh, cool!  So, you're not as alone as I thought--I've seen several Filipino ponies around here!  Just out of my insatiable curiosity, do you speak any Tagalog?  (It's on my list of cool languages I simple must learn someday.) :D

Swedish-Danish-Irish-German

Ooh, that's a new combination!  And...I can't remember seeing any Swedes before (my memory is started to get very foggy as to what has been posted and what hasn't!), but that doesn't mean that they haven't been here...any Swedish bronies/pegasisters reading this?  Well, besides all that, your ancestry combination is one of those that I have to fanboy over for a little bit (I am utterly fascinated by many cultures, and a both Irish and German are on the list), so...*fanboys for a bit.*  Okay, I'm done.  Please continue living as is considered normal. :D

i do infact speak tagalog well i do live in the philiphines after all its cool place other than stray kittens getting ran over........

ok brain lets not think of that.

Whoa, you speak it?  *stops for a second, then continues, a bit embarrassed* Could you, um, speak a little bit for me?  I just love to see foreign languages in action.  :D

And, yeah, let's not think about it...whoops, too late, already did...*sigh*...potato chips...

African and some Indian if you look back far enough on my mom's side.

Coolness!  Africa and India are neat places that I really want to visit sometime.  Of course, it's kinda hard to just "visit Africa," 'cause it's so freaking big, but I'd love to see at least some parts of both places at some point.  In other words, they're on the bucket list! :D

PS Your avatar is awesome, and it's funny that your username means legless. :lol: Did you know that before you chose it?

• Brohoof 1

PS If you like potato chips...and you like chocolate...have you ever tried potato chips, all covered in chocolate?  They are, in a word, heavenly. :)

Oi.. I... I regularly put chocolate covered potato chips on my ice cream and eat it...

We have to be related.

• Brohoof 1

On my dad's side, my ancestry goes back to western northern Europe, and more specifically Scandinavia. I am mostly Swedish, with some minor Finnish, Icelandic, Polish, French, and Spanish roots. My great grandfather and his wife(who came from Poland) actually used to live in Sweden in the late 18th century and moved to America during what I think to be the time in which the urbanization of the 1920s started taking place. 

Later on my great grandfather fought in WWII, and then came my grandfather who eventually fought in the following Vietnam War. Who knows what wars were fought before then, but those are the only accounts of war history in my family that I know of. My dad never fought in any war, and I'm not planning on it either. :P

I can actually speak a little bit of Swedish. Like I can say simple phrases, such as "Vad heter du?", "Jag heter du *insert name here*.", Jag alskar dig sa mycket..." and yeah, just a bunch of random phrases really. Not enough to strike decent conversation, but I'm currently still learning. :P

I really don't know much about my mom's ancestry, other than the fact that her family used to live in Mexico. That's pretty much it. Recently though, I've been interested in learning some Spanish. ;)

Edited by Dsanders
  • Brohoof 3

Oi.. I... I regularly put chocolate covered potato chips on my ice cream and eat it...

We have to be related.

O_O Chocolate + potato chips + ice cream??  Why I no think of this?  That sounds awesome!  I'll bet the two of us are, like, second cousins three times removed or something!  :P

Oh god I have a bunch

I have Puerto Rican, Irish, Scottish, and some others I forgot about :P

Huh, Puerto Rican...I don't think I've seen that before!  And with Scotts-Irish...you're a unique pony, dude.

PS That avatar is freaking awesome. :)

On my dad's side, my ancestry goes back to western northern Europe, and more specifically Scandinavia. I am mostly Swedish, with some minor Finnish, Icelandic, Polish, French, and Spanish roots. My great grandfather and his wife(who came from Poland) actually used to live in Sweden in the late 18th century and moved to America during what I think to be the time in which the urbanization of the 1920s started taking place. 

Later on my great grandfather fought in WWII, and then came my grandfather who eventually fought in the following Vietnam War. Who knows what wars were fought before then, but those are the only accounts of war history in my family that I know of. My dad never fought in any war, and I'm not planning on it either. :P

I can actually speak a little bit of Swedish. Like I can say simple phrases, such as "Vad heter du?", "Jag heter du *insert name here*.", Jag alskar dig sa mycket..." and yeah, just a bunch of random phrases really. Not enough to strike decent conversation, but I'm currently still learning. :P

I really don't know much about my mom's ancestry, other than the fact that her family used to live in Mexico. That's pretty much it. Recently though, I've been interested in learning some Spanish. ;)

Wow, that's an interesting little history you have there, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. :D Go Scandinavia! (I'm about half Danish and Norwegian.)  And, you absolutely read my mind when you put some Swedish phrases up there--as many ponies who have already posted could tell you, I would have certainly asked you if you could speak some Swedish here. :) I'm a sucker for foreign languages. :D

Spanish is a nice language, and y siempre tendra un lugar en mi corazon. :) (It will always have a place in my heart)

PS Your avatar is really cool--I especially really like the color of his mane.

O_O Chocolate + potato chips + ice cream??  Why I no think of this?  That sounds awesome!  I'll bet the two of us are, like, second cousins three times removed or something!   :P

I absolutely would not doubt it. Would you see yourself as handsome/beautiful? owo

• Brohoof 1

Wow, that's an interesting little history you have there, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Go Scandinavia! (I'm about half Danish and Norwegian.)  And, you absolutely read my mind when you put some Swedish phrases up there--as many ponies who have already posted could tell you, I would have certainly asked you if you could speak some Swedish here. I'm a sucker for foreign languages. Spanish is a nice language, and y siempre tendra un lugar en mi corazon. (It will always have a place in my heart) PS Your avatar is really cool--I especially really like the color of his mane.

Yeah it is pretty interesting isn't it? I'm not too big on genealogy, but I like to at least know what some of life was like for my recent ancestors. I guess that's really why I've always been so drawn to the country. I would love to go there someday and witness the culture, the food, the beautiful landmarks, etc.    :)

Yeah, I used to know a lot more Swedish back then, but it's been awhile since I've last studied it. Same goes for Spanish. Used to know a bunch while I was actually taking the class on it, but it all seemed to slip away from my memory afterward. Languages are kinda hard to keep up with when it comes to learning them after awhile, at least for me. :(

• Brohoof 1

Just realized I posted my genealogy instead of my ancestry ^_^ 

So, I am:

-Sicilian

-Hungarian

-German

-Native American

-Scottish

-Irish

-Polish

-Romanian

-African

-Filipino

You go to my family reunion it's like visiting the UN. :lol:  

• Brohoof 2

Coolness!  Africa and India are neat places that I really want to visit sometime.  Of course, it's kinda hard to just "visit Africa," 'cause it's so freaking big, but I'd love to see at least some parts of both places at some point.  In other words, they're on the bucket list! :D

PS Your avatar is awesome, and it's funny that your username means legless. :lol: Did you know that before you chose it?

Yeah there's a tone of places you could go to. I've never been to either of those place before but it be cool to visit. Especially if I could see some Elephants or something outside of a zoo.

Thanks. I actually had no idea at the time that that was what it meant. I just put together a bunch of letters and thought that it sounded nice and then somebody told me that it meant legless in Finnish.

• Brohoof 2

I absolutely would not doubt it. Would you see yourself as handsome/beautiful? owo

Well, my thinking there is that although I normally don't spruce myself up nice, I can look pretty good when I want to, y'know? :D

Yeah it is pretty interesting isn't it? I'm not too big on genealogy, but I like to at least know what some of life was like for my recent ancestors. I guess that's really why I've always been so drawn to the country. I would love to go there someday and witness the culture, the food, the beautiful landmarks, etc.    :)

Yeah, I used to know a lot more Swedish back then, but it's been awhile since I've last studied it. Same goes for Spanish. Used to know a bunch while I was actually taking the class on it, but it all seemed to slip away from my memory afterward. Languages are kinda hard to keep up with when it comes to learning them after awhile, at least for me. :(

Yeah, Scandinavia is right on the tippy-top of my list of bucket-list places to see someday.  It's got such an interesting culture, and it's just so beautiful!  I could sit and watch youtube videos of the fjords and mountain ranges for hours, especially if there's a Hardangar fiddle playing in the background...pure heaven. :D

And I gotcha on the languages, dude--they just slip away from you if you're not using them regularly.  I see that you're learning HTML, though...I recently started learning it myself!

Just realized I posted my genealogy instead of my ancestry ^_^

So, I am:

-Sicilian

-Hungarian

-German

-Native American

-Scottish

-Irish

-Polish

-Romanian

-African

-Filipino

You go to my family reunion it's like visiting the UN. :lol:  

Heheh, the UN...:lol:That's a lot of cool history there, man!

Yeah there's a tone of places you could go to. I've never been to either of those place before but it be cool to visit. Especially if I could see some Elephants or something outside of a zoo.

Yes, it would be awesome to see some exotic creatures right there in front of you...I've actually contemplated going on a long safari in Africa if I ever got the chance (not to hunt the animals, just to look around for them), and if I go to Africa like I plan, I definitely will take the opportunity! :D

Thanks. I actually had no idea at the time that that was what it meant. I just put together a bunch of letters and thought that it sounded nice and then somebody told me that it meant legless in Finnish.

Heh, it's funny when things happen like that.  And, no problem--I call's 'em as I see's 'em! :yay:

I'm Ancient Gallifreyan 

Ooh, what's that?  I'm quite intrigued now. :D

Lithuanian on my Mothers side, No Idea what is on my Fathers side.  Step Dad is Swedish so I guess I took on some of that as well lol.

Interesting...you may be the first Lithuanian pony I've seen yet.  :)

• Brohoof 2

My grandma is kind of a genealogist, and she's researched that I'm part Irish. No wonder I'm so used to (and good at) singing in a very high pitch. I guess. 

She's also found out I'm related to Daniel Boone. C:

• Brohoof 1