Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever been in the Deep Web?

Grtxkkyz

I haven't, but I've seen videos with people going on it. Silk Road has been constantly shut down and brought back(don't know it's status now). I find it crazy that the government is more worried about drug trafficing than hit men.

Its probably a really deep part of the dark web where actual hitmen can be found. I wouldn't be surprised that in the lower levels its actually all cops pretending to be hitmen. But I don't really know, that's just a guess.

Edited by Zoraxe

I've never been there. I'm a bit curious now, but I'll only go there if I'm absolutely certain I have 24 hours or less to live because then there will be absolutely no risk of getting in trouble. If I'd known about the Darknet the summer before seventh grade, I would've tried to get to it so I could find instructions on how to hack NASA. Boy, would I have been in trouble. My dad would've taken away my internet privileges and then that would've messed up a whole bunch of stuff and someone very important to me would've committed suicide last year because I'm the one who showed him that people care about him and we would never have become friends if my dad had taken away my internet privileges any sooner than he did. (He took away my internet privileges in fall of seventh grade because he found out I was a digimon believer.) I don't think I'd have any problems with viruses if I accessed the Darknet now. I use Linux. There aren't very many viruses for Linux because that's what all the people who make viruses use. :)

Edited by melody5697

I have been there and had a few nice intelligent conversations. I think quite a few people waste the resources that place can give you for stupid stuff like old documents of the CIA or "hacking tutorials".

I've dabbled around in TOR and FreeNet before. I found them both fascinating and I was mostly playing around with them, but I'm just going to stay at the surface web level and occasionally the strange side of Youtube. I thankfully didn't use either long enough to find anything scary.

What's the strange side of YouTube? The strangest thing on YouTube I can think of is stuffing and belly play videos (no offense to anybody who's into that kind of thing), but I have the feeling that's not what you're talking about.

No way...you couldn't pay me to go on the deep web. I've heard enough to know that it's not something you mess around with. Curiosity can kill your innocence and I would like to maintain mine. Not saying to stick your head in the sand -- but knowing about it and knowing that it exists is enough. Going past that is simply asking for it.

Edited by Jaxsie
  • Brohoof 1

What's the strange side of YouTube? The strangest thing on YouTube I can think of is stuffing and belly play videos (no offense to anybody who's into that kind of thing), but I have the feeling that's not what you're talking about.

That's not what i meant at all... The weird side I describe is mostly animated and edited oddities. I'll just post an example of what i mean.

http://youtu.be/WQO-aOdJLiw

I've been to bestgore.com a few times. It didn't phase me, really, other than the fact that it gave me the opinion that Thailand is the most dangerous place that's prone for accidents in the world. I don't know how I'm able to even get to that site, especially because I got there on my iPhone 6 via a Safari browser. Guess some Deep Web sites don't need that much to get in.

But that site is probably as far as I'll go. While I may or may not be weirded out or grossed out by some of the things, I'm not gonna go out of my way to try and find them.

Many times. It's really nothing special. 4chan generally has worse stuff and less intelligent discussions, so if you're looking for a cesspool you're better off going there. Unlike what people seem to think, a great number of sites on the deep web ban the really illegal stuff as well, only existing there because they want to provide their users with anonimity.

I go on /b/ frequently for shits and giggles (seriously) because 4chan isn't even close to the Deep Web, but from what I've heard about the Deep Web, I doubt that I would ever want to visit there.

From what I've heard, there's all manners of CP, drugs, killers, etc. there.  It's not something I'd want to get tangled up in.

Edited by Wyzecat
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't, but I've seen videos with people going on it. Silk Road has been constantly shut down and brought back(don't know it's status now). I find it crazy that the government is more worried about drug trafficing than hit men.

Actually the Silk Road was only taken down twice. 

No i haven't been in the deep web though i want to see what's so creepy about it. Most of the stories i hear about it just say it's really creepy and they never want to go back but i never understood what creeps someone out that much :/.

• 2 months later...

No i haven't been in the deep web though i want to see what's so creepy about it. Most of the stories i hear about it just say it's really creepy and they never want to go back but i never understood what creeps someone out that much :/.

The people who claim the Deep Web is the worst thing ever created have been to places like Red Rooms, Snuff sites, etc. There are actually those sites in the Deep Web that are not even illegal but are just something... average, something you would see on the normal internet. Like think about this, a huge chunk of people think all Muslims are Jihadi Terrorists, no they are not because a small chunk of a certain group gave an entire religion a bad name. It kind of works like that if you think about it. But it IS fact that the Deep Web has some really scary stuff in it. I would prefer if you ever go to the Deep Web to only go to the Hidden Wiki and no further down, hell, don't even go to the Hidden Wiki.

Yes, out of curiosity, I accessed the Silk Road and the Pot Shop (another famous drug store that sells exclusively weed products) and a few other drug stores and a hitmen service but nothing I accessed made me not want to go back, but I do know what exists in the deep web, Red Rooms, Snuff Sites and Films, Extremist Muslim and terrorist sites, hitmen services, illegal drugs, CP, among others, so it's not somewhere I'd go on a daily basis.

Edited by Treeclimbyou