Which race would you swear allegiance to?

Smarts

Pony War  

61 users have voted

1. 1. Which race would you side with?

• Unicorn
    • Pegasus
    • Earth Pony

The three main pony races of Equestria are at war with each other. No amount of negotiating or talks of peace will sway their minds. They are bent on conquering Equestria for themselves. Let us say that you are in Equestria and are the type of pony you love the most. The type of pony you are will determine which race you will side with. Unicorn, Pegasus, or Earth Pony. Choose wisely.

sig-16231.sig-16231.sig-16231.sig-16231.8I83u3P.png

IF is best girl.

Unicorns, i think that this race would steamroll the other two when evenly numbered. Earth ponies may have great physical strength, the best Pegasi (Wonderbolts) may break through the sound barrier, but the best of what unicorns have to offer just overrides this. As for earth ponies being generally more sturdy (an assumption the majority agrees with), unicorns who would choose to be physical could be that way as well if they trained hard, maybe rivaling or surpassing the average earth pony.

What is a Pegasi or Earth pony to do once grabbed in a simple holding spell? Ever seen one break it? Withstand it? That's about the first obstacle they'd have to overcome, one of hundreds. Think in Star wars terms, when Han Solo tried to take Vader down... You'd have a pretty similiar thing going on here. In recent days you have entire academies devoted to magic. I imagine there are quite a few able students ready to release a number of game changing spells.

Unicorns just have that advantage. Let's not forget that before Celestia/Luna reigned, the unicorns raised and lowered both the sun and the moon themselves and could hold the other two sides hostage if they wanted in the most extreme of cases. Pretty good example of collective power. Ofcourse, the Pegasi could also choose to engage in the same way using the weather as a blackmail option. "If we dont get Equestria, nopony gets it."

One of two possible chances the other two would have if they would hope to win is decisive strength in numbers. The pegasi could alsp use their control over weather purely as a weapon, but i doubt it would give them that big an edge against a force like magic, of which we still dont know the extent of...

Anyway, that's what i see happening. Although given their symbiotic relationship with eachother, i doubt that war would ever break out. If one of them would decide to just stop doing anything alltogether, they'd either starve, freeze to death, or go crazy because of sleep deprivation.

• Brohoof 2

Let's go downtown.

I would choose unicorn just because my favorite pony was a unicorn.

There are also no Pegasi or Earth ponies I would really be willing to side with in a war

(I'm glad Bat ponies are not considered pegasi according to Lauren :3)

• Brohoof 1

L9Km4Rw.png

Worlds biggest batpony fan                                                   Signature by me :3

If you're reading this I've got one thing to say to you.....

Hello

Pegasus, we would command the skies and the weather along with our ability to fly we could easily devastate the the Unicorn and Earth Ponies crops, without food and proper nourishment their defenses would be crippled and vulnerable to a direct assault from a well-fed and physically fit army.

Plus, with someone as violent and skilled as Rainbow Dash as a  skilled commander/flyer surrender would not be a viable option.

• Brohoof 1

This brings to mind Equestria Divided, in which case I would side with the Earth Ponies. Who needs wings and fancy magics when you have sheer ingenuity and strength? They have fire spells? We have flamethrowers. They can fly? We create a device that can blanket the sky in arrows or just chase them down with an attack helicopter.  

• Brohoof 1

MLPForums "Self-Proclaimed" Kamen Rider Nut
Now, count up your sins!
I do Traditional commissions, by the way! See them HERE!

post-8308-0-43031100-1429818502.png

Banner was done by the wonderful Kyoshi.

• 2 weeks later...

Pegasus all the way !!! :) 

Always loved them even before I saw MLP :) 

• Brohoof 2

Character Backstory: http://mlpforums.com/blog/1210/entry-7077-a-life-without-limits/

BornPegasusSkylar_zpsd5c5718b.png

You are stardust that’s beaten the odds and combined perfectly.

You are both the moon you walk under and the ground you walk on.

You are a part of it all, neither big nor small.

Pegasus becouse unicorns don't show too much violent use of horns....

Earth ponies cannot do much with a lance in their face.

Pegasus FTW, speed is strength.

Edited by CrayZ
  • Brohoof 1

(Really cool signature)

Well based on my experience with magic. Any spell can be created. So anything os possible with magic. Unicorns ftw.

• Brohoof 1

img-2130713-1-creative_name_by_sonicwith
In life when you are given gratitude.

Be accepting and thankful of it.

Because someday you just may be able to pass it on to others...

Pegasi. As someone else said, the pegasi would control the weather. Whip up a few F5 tornadoes hurricanes, flash floods, make it hell for the unicorns, and as long as I know there are no food related spells. When weak, unicorns can't conjure spells (remember Cadenza in Crystal Empire?) and they're dead. Of course, Tia, Luna, Cadenza and Twi wouldn't fight so it's over.

Earth ponies would probably be split as slaves between the two.

Also, Chetnik is a pegasus so yeah.

Edited by Chetnik
  • Brohoof 1

Please visit my Serbia Floods blog to see how you can help

http://mlpforums.com/blog/634/entry-11520-serbia-floods-serbiafloods-poplave/

Unicorns because magic seems to be pretty powerful if used right. Thats assuming though I would pick the side I thought would win and the one I think is the coolest. XD

I don't know I would probably want to know the circumstances and their interests before joining a side if this were serious.

• Brohoof 1