Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Screwball or Derpy? (Poll)

Sugar Pea

41 users have voted

1. 1. Which background character do you like the best?

• Derpy Hooves
    • Screwball
    • Neither.
    • Both. <3

If you don't know who Screwball is, she appeared in the two part episode called Return Of Harmony. It was the first, and most likely ONLY  appearance in MLP FiM. She doesn't have that big of a fanbase like Derpy does. Although people do make fan art of her, jokingly throwing out the fictional fact that she is Diamond Tiara's sister, or Screw Loose's and Discord's daughter. (Lol)

%22Screwball%22_floats_by_grey_Twilight_

As for Derpy, she does indeed have a huge fanbase because she was almost taken off the show. She is like, the Waldo of MLP...mostly infamous for her eye error, though changed.

If you have no idea who she is, then....then....what's wrong with you? >_>

derpy_hooves_is_confused____by_blackgryp

Edited by Kitteh O' Shy
  • Brohoof 4

Definitely Derpy! She's adorable and I just love her unique eyes.  :muffins: Kinda sad that they had to change her a bit after that episode, but regardless, I still love Derpy as she is. She definitely adds a nice little touch as being the "Waldo" of the show. 

I even saw her in the crowd at the Summer Sun Celebration scene in the season 4 premiere. Made me happy to see that. All those rumors about her getting removed in the fourth season turned out to be false after all!  :yay:  

• Brohoof 4

I never knew about Screwball before this thread. Her cutie mark is awesome! It reminds me of old Warner Brothers cartoons where one character would want to hint that another character was crazy so they would hold up a sign with a picture of a screw and a ball and look slyly at the audience as if to say "you see it too, right?"

But even so, I think I like Derpy better just because I know her better. It's hard to love a character you've only seen once.

OP, why did you post this thread? Just to spite me?

EVERYONE knows Derpy is the superior one. Hell there's not even a contest here!

Anyone who tries to claim the contrary is either whacked out of their fucking mind, or in massive denial.

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur
  • Brohoof 1

I've known about Screwball (also called Topsy Turvy) quite a bit. Back when RoH was released, many bronies began what is now an obscure fanon of Screwball being Discord's daddy (surrogate, adopted, or biological). In fact, there's a song built upon it.

That said, despite the glory of Screwball, Derpy has and will forever be best pony. She's not just a likeable pony with plenty of personality despite her background appearances, but the fandom created her from the ground up. She's the connection between the brony fandom and creators themselves.

• Brohoof 2

I think while screwball is interesting, shes just a bit to much random and crazy for me.

Derpy is cute and a nice symbol, aswell as being recognizable, and a bit of a hidden thing to find thats entertaining.

Did i mention shes cute :P?

So yeah, especially since i knew about derpy way before screwball i vote derpy.

• Brohoof 1

Derpy for the win, Derpy is adorable and while it is not confirmed one way or another that she is disabled she has great potential to really show that it is okay to be different. For those reasons Derpy is best background pony.

• Brohoof 2

Frankly, Screwball is just plain weird and is lacking any semblance of cuteness as far as I am concerned. Derpy is a fan favorite for a reason. She's adorable, she's unique, and she's a lot of fun to look for during each episode. She also speaks to a lot of people in different ways due to her being perceived as "different." Derpy is my favorite background pony, so I would choose her over Screwball in a heartbeat.

I vote Screwball. Because someone's got to.

You mean people judging by appearance ;_;

In seriousness though, does Derpy even have any personality in the actual show itself? Aside from bumping into things and becoming the MLP equivalent of Where's Wally?