Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is your favorite (S)NES game?

Phoenix Wright

Man, the SNES was awesome. A few of my favorites include...

Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World

This is Mario. Need I say more?

Kirby Super Star

One of Kirby's greatest adventures, each of the games in it are surprisingly different from one another, ranging from classic Kirby, to racing, to Metroid style. They put a lot of effort in it. And the multiplayer and Marx make this game a true classic.

Kirby's Dreamland Three

While some people have mixed opinions on this one, I think it is a great game. Its like Super Star, but less abilities, a single long game, the animal friends return, and the graphics in this game are beautiful. Plus, Dark Matter/Zero is one of the best Kirby villains of all time, on par with Marx.

Earthbound

A fun quirky RPG that has a great story, fun gameplay, etc. And sense it appears that most ponies here have played it, I won't beat a dead horse and describe it for you.

Yoshi's Island

First of all, Dinosaurs are awesome. Therefore, Yoshi is awesome. And this Mario Platformer that breaks the typical Mario mold is fun, with some awesome boss fights (Raphael Raven anypony?) beautiful visuals, and challenging gameplay, this game is a wonderful classic.

EVO; Search for Eden

An obscure game that I was pleasantly surprised to see mentioned here, EVO is a game where you start off as a small fish in the ocean, and your goal is to evolve and enter Eden. But as you do so, you'll come across problems involving some creatures preventing others from evolving, and odd crystals that are they're source of power. This game is a neat Platformer/RPG mix that allows for some unique experiences, allowing you to control how your character is, and what path you'll take. Heck, the game even allows you to join the enemy, and not pull that crap where they ask you, but you can't say yes. It is a fun unique game that you should play if you have an SNES.

Actraiser

Another obscure game I was glad to see mentioned here, Actraiser is about a God who returns to a land full of demons, and you must bring the humans back, but also slay these monsters. It mixes Platforming with City Building Simulator. While the simulator is pretty basic, it is still a fun game that I would love to see remade on a current console with more in-depth gameplay.

I didn't know ActRaiser was an obscure game. It's so amazing I would have figured it was a higher rated game like Donkey Kong.

I tried to play ActRaiser 2 a couple of times but something about it just seems so different. Plus it's a lot harder in the Acts.

But yes, a remake would be amazing.

If there was ever an award for badass of the decade the Deity from ActRaiser would definitely be a top contestant for it's time. The silent hero who destroys all evil. What's more is he has such a fantastic fighting position. I can't get over his stance and the way he attacks. It controls well and looks so cool, like he could take on anything.

No, FFVI is not on there, because I don't like that game much at all. Worst FF game imo.

:(

But anyway, I have such fond memories of this NES game called Super Pitfall....and the first Legend of Zelda natch. Wrecking Crew was pretty fun too I thought.

As for SNES, Donkey Kong Country 2 hooves down for me. But Chrono Trigger is almost equal to it, best RPG I've ever played I think.

lol Sorry, I have tried playing that game at least 3 times now. Not once have I beaten it but every time I've gotten to the end of the game and stopped caring. It's gameplay is about the only thing that keeps me coming back to it since I do believe it has one of the best battle systems of the FF series what with all the Budokai and Blitz stuff. Second only to FFX-2's battle system imo.

• 3 months later...

Man, the SNES was awesome. A few of my favorites include...

EVO; Search for Eden

An obscure game that I was pleasantly surprised to see mentioned here, EVO is a game where you start off as a small fish in the ocean, and your goal is to evolve and enter Eden. But as you do so, you'll come across problems involving some creatures preventing others from evolving, and odd crystals that are they're source of power. This game is a neat Platformer/RPG mix that allows for some unique experiences, allowing you to control how your character is, and what path you'll take. Heck, the game even allows you to join the enemy, and not pull that crap where they ask you, but you can't say yes. It is a fun unique game that you should play if you have an SNES.

Wow, two ponies mentioning this game. I loved that game! I even beat it once as a dinosaur refusing to go mammal! :lol:

So many good games... FFII (aka FFIV) with Rydia - my favorite Final Fantasy (though, I actually hated it on the SNES because if you turned on the system and it was unplugged, it has just enough power stored in it to erase your game!)

NES+SNES = my childhood. I also played Atari 2600 before that but... blech. Except for Pitfall2, Atari games had no ending! I think the first NES game I ever saw was The Legend of Zelda. CLASSIC!

Megaman 1 thru 7, those games are still addicting as all for me. Trying to get a shorter playthrough each consecutive time and than trying to improve on that.

Man, the SNES was my childhood! The games I played most were Super Mario All-Stars(mainly Mario 2 and 3), Super Mario World(never went anywhere without a purple Yoshi) Link to the Past(still one of my all-time favorite games), Megaman X(have yet to beat it), and when I could get my brother to play with me, NBA Jam.

(edited)

SNES:

Super Mario World and Zelda: A Link to the Past

i still have my snes i need to get it fixed thou any one know where i can get a super nintendo fixed or at least a power cable i think thats realy all it needs is a power cable

Edited by pizzaparty9

For NES... Not really able to remember much except that I loved Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3... Impartial to 2... Also, although it wasn't until I got it for GBA, the classic Legend of Zelda...

For SNES, oh boy... Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario World 2, Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, Super Mario RPG, Star Fox... Heck, even Kirby Super Star!!! Anyone remember that classic?

• 2 months later...