Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did anypony notice Ms. Harshwhinny?

Mr. Critical

This may be a tad odd, but who here noticed Harshwhinny's facial features. They seemed a little more... what's the word. Active, than the rest.

Im not saying its bad, just sayin, i found it hilarious the way her face moves.
  • Brohoof 5

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Yeah, I noticed it as well and I loved it. I really thought her expressions were hilarious. It is nice to see they are really experimenting with the facial expressions in this season. It seems to be the case at least. It worked incredibly well with her personality.

• Brohoof 2

I absolutely LOVED how they exaggerated the animation of her mouth when she spoke!! It just made her seem more snobbish* (and erm, professional  :lol:!

*apparently it can be spelled with one or two b's, I noticed this in Shoboni's post.

• Brohoof 1

From what I can tell, she did not want to take part in this assignment. She's probably thinking "Why must it always be me speaking to the foals? They don't know a thing about dignity." They were jarring at first, but as they came up I just couldn't help but laugh at how silly they were. XP

I swear she was the first thing i noticed in this episode. Her facial expressions were freaking glorious and perfectly over the top! It just goes to show what a good team DHX is, they took this character with unlikeable traits and improved her by making giving her more emotions and making pronunciations hyper-expressive. I didn't think i could ever like Ms. Harshwhinney until this episode.

Edited by crazitaco

Very astute observation Mr. Critical, she was definitely more animated in her facial expressions than we're used to seeing from characters in MLP, especially in the first scene of the episode (as was Rainbow Dash a few times in the opening scene as well).  Very pleased to see the animators always trying new things to improve upon the already stellar animation of the show!  :D