Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request shop (CLOSED) I will draw TWO OCs and only TWO this time

Arylett Charnoa

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this is still open for OC submission until I close the thread. However, this isn't a typical request thread. There's no guarantee I will be drawing yours as I'm only choosing two.

Do I have to resubmit mine?

I'll be using all previous OCs as well as any new ones that I like in the RNG list. So there's no need to resubmit it anyways.

Please people, stop resubmitting your OCs and asking about it, I've mentioned it at least twice and it's getting to be a bit annoying. It makes it much more difficult for me to leaf through the thread and choose people. 

Thus, if you resubmit your same OC after I've made this post, I won't include you in the RNG list. It's just kind of frustrating to have to say the same thing over and over again and have it ignored. 

Also, this isn't something I've said before, but I'll say it now: If you submit two OCs, I will only pick one to make it fair for others on the RNG. And even then, I might not pick any to put on my RNG List if I don't like their designs. So don't think that putting two is going to broaden your chances to get chosen. The RNG might do some of the picking, but a lot of it is my choice to create the list the RNG has to pick. It's just a score settler.

(edited)

@,

when will you announce who won? 

And it'll be a couple of days, probably three.

I'm going to include these commonly asked questions in the first post. 

(By the way, that's on January 8th.)

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough

So, I can submit a second OC?

Also, this isn't something I've said before, but I'll say it now: If you submit two OCs, I will only pick one to make it fair for others on the RNG. And even then, I might not pick any to put on my RNG List if I don't like their designs. So don't think that putting two is going to broaden your chances to get chosen.

What is the RNG? Sorry if this seems a silly question; I just joined day or two ago so I'm not familiar with all the terminology here. ^-^;;

I think it stands for random name generator :) 

What is the RNG? Sorry if this seems a silly question; I just joined day or two ago so I'm not familiar with all the terminology here. ^-^;;

Random Number Generator as Nioni said. What happens is that I create a list of the OC designs I like the most, assign each one a number, then the generator generates a random number for me. Whatever that number is, it ends up being the OC I'll draw.

So, I can submit a second OC?

Yes. 

Wait... does this mean that i won't be included or... whatever.

Actually it's random "Number" generator.

No. As I said in my post, you'll only not be included if you try to resubmit the same OC after I made this post right here

(edited)
Okey dokey, so now, I'm officially closing this thing off. I've compiled my list, and from it, the RNG has chosen. Thanks everyone for your submissions and OCs, and your awesome compliments. I've enjoyed it quite a bit. But I'm afraid my generosity will have to end here. Any other drawings I do after this will either be for super awesome friend people for free which I feel like doing outta nowhere, for myself, or for commissions. I'm sorry I don't have the time or resources to do all of the OCs I like. I really do mean that. If I could, I would.

But that'd take me a long time and not leave me any time to myself. So yeah, consolations and all that jazz. No seriously though, I really do mean it. I feel bad whenever I don't win these sorts of things myself. 

Anyway though, with those sad things left behind, we're gonna get to the goods. WHO WON THIS THING ONCE AND FOR ALL?!

Just in case you get the absurd idea to draw my oc, here she is.

If you wanna draw her, you could do it in pony form but if you like changelings that's OK too.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/ambrosia-r4988

Sometimes, it's just so absurd, it just HAS to work. Your OC has been chosen! I will draw the pony form only, 'cause I don't have much experience with Changelings, first off. Secondly, it's only fair that within the context of this thread, I do one drawing per person.

I would love a image of my oc. I don't have one other than a sketch I did with colored pencils.

img-2181835-1-oier6q.jpg

Well, it's YOUR LUCKY DAY! 'Cause you're one of the ones the RNG chose! YAY! :3

Congrats you guys! Arylett, will you be posting the resulting art or just pming them to the winners? I don't know about anyone else, but I'd love to see your take on these guys.

Thanks for hosting this; it was really generous of you to offer your time for free like that. I'll probably hang around and see how much your commissions are, once I get some money accrued again. Good luck with your selections!

(edited)

@@Midnight Glimmer,

I'll be posting them in this here thread. Would it not be anti-climactic to see people win and NOT see their ponies?

Prices will probably be around $10 per finished pony. But I have loads of plans for sales, price drops, and all that sort of thing, if the Commissions section staff is willing to work with me. We'll have to see how that works out and what they say when I prepare my materials. 

(edited)

@@Flash Fire

I had to make some modifications to make the colors match better, as a dark blackish gray with a bright red/orange is very contrasty and not to my sensibilities. But it shouldn't matter, It's the same colors overall with different tints.

Anyway, here we go! I quite like this pose here:

post-809-0-91602000-1389817585_thumb.png

And vector of cutie mark:

post-809-0-62880000-1389818121_thumb.png

And this thread is concluded! Thanks for playing, all. :3