Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request shop (CLOSED) I will draw TWO OCs and only TWO this time

Arylett Charnoa

WE'RE CLOSED AND THIS IS A THING THAT IS OVER. 

The topic says it all. I will fulfill your request for ONE two OCs. Only reason it's labeled as Request Shop is because it wouldn't let me post it without prefix and "Request" didn't seem appropriate. This is most likely a one-time deal. Later on, I plan on taking commissions anyway. If I'm feeling generous, I might decide to draw more OCs later for free though. For now, it is only one. I will not take any more requests.

After I draw TWO, I'll definitely not take any more requests.

From the OCs that people submit, I will choose two and draw them. Here are three examples of my work:

post-809-0-99868500-1387881369_thumb.png

post-809-0-14800200-1388944421_thumb.png

post-809-0-10531400-1388229486_thumb.png

They are not vectors. And as such, cannot be resized like a vector. (Except the cutie mark, which I use a Trace Bitmap on Inkscape to vectorize) The lines are just really smooth because I am crazy and time consuming. That's why I'm doing this, to make less time consuming. Basically, I'm doing this because I want to try to speed up my art output, to see if I can draw your OC faster than I usually do. This doesn't mean the quality will be any lower than my usual stuff though.

I'll basically pick a list of OCs which I really like, then use an RNG to determine the two. However, I can give you some tips as to what I am more likely to put on my list:

• OC with good colors. (Nothing clashing, like really eye-blinding red with black)
  • OC that generally has a design that fits with MLP canon.
  • OC that most likely isn't an alicorn, UNLESS it's a really well-done alicorn. 
  • OC that is original-looking rather than a recolor of a pre-existing canon pony.
  • Need. If you only have a Pony Creator image of your character, and don't have much art of it, I am more likely to pick it. Because this is for free, I wish to provide my art to those who truly need it and make the most of my time.

Go crazy, you guys. I'll probably have this offer open for around three days or so.

A Few Questions You Might Have

• Q: When will you be choosing the people whose OCs you've drawn?
  • A: I will be choosing them three days from this post right here. That will be on January 8th. (Already chosen)

• Q: If I submitted my OC the first time, do I have to resubmit it again?
  • A: No. Your OC will automatically be included in the drawing from the last time. Please do not resubmit your OC again as it makes it difficult for me to look through the thread and I will automatically disinclude them from the RNG List regardless of how much I like them as I've had to answer this question a few times. If you don't know what this question is talking about, then ignore it. It most likely isn't relevant to you. so you can go about on your way and submit your OC here if it's the first time you've posted it. :3

• Q: Will you be choosing based on my character's backstory?
  • A: Mostly no. I only care about your character's design. This is an art thread, after all.

• Q: Can I submit two OCs?
  • A: Yes, but I'll only pick one to put on my RNG List. It isn't fair to others if you have two OCs on the list.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok even if he sucks i just add my oc Doc Volt to the list.. here's some of my "arts" (just edit and recolors with photoshop)

if u chose him, draw him the way you prefer...

14kutft.jpg

33w7fvp.jpg

6pakoy.jpg

img-2136210-1-qz4zk3.jpg

2a6ro7s.jpg

I would love to see my OC drawn in this style :) 

Loads of pics of him in my profile for reference, if you need a link give me a shout and ill post them up :) 

http://mlpforums.com/blog/1414/entry-8824-my-oc-aixi-she-needs-a-story-dont-you-think/

My OC Aixi would be nice, in the rp I am writing her dad died, not even 2 min. after that I got a phone call saying my real dad had died. I wanted to do a drawing of Aixi and her father together.

I will eventually draw this so if you don't want to its all good, but if you could it would mean the world to me. I don't know when I will be able to draw it is all.

Thank you for taking the time to read this <3

I'd submit mine, but chances are you'd turn it down.

But enough about me, it's really great to see you doing something like this.

Do it anyway! You don't know what I'm thinking. Even I don't know what I'm thinking.

I doubt my OC will be chosen, because it still lacks lots of things I'd like to add, but worth a try, I guess?

Sorry, but so far I have no better picture than generic pony generator one...

http://mlpforums.com/uploads/post_images/img-1972123-1-AAKgnad.png

And cutie mark

http://mlpforums.com/uploads/post_images/img-1972267-1-cuti_mark_example_for_sajtan92_by_sighoovestrong-d6smded.png

I doubt my OC will be chosen, because it still lacks lots of things I'd like to add, but worth a try, I guess?

Sorry, but so far I have no better picture than generic pony generator one...

http://mlpforums.com/uploads/post_images/img-1972123-1-AAKgnad.png

And cutie mark

http://mlpforums.com/uploads/post_images/img-1972267-1-cuti_mark_example_for_sajtan92_by_sighoovestrong-d6smded.png

You don't need a better picture! Even one with just a description will do. I mean, makes sense to want some art for your OC if you don't have any and somebody's offering, right?

You don't need a better picture! Even one with just a description will do. I mean, makes sense to want some art for your OC if you don't have any and somebody's offering, right?

I think You have a point there, but there are already so awesome OCs posted by some people ^^ Anyway I will just wait for You to choose which one is winner. I can only say that that one OC will be lucky :3

Well I have two characters that really do need something on them, and I think I understand your process as to why they aren't vectors. Bloody bitmap stuff I'll tell you, and making them look at your quality does take ages, I've tried but I never really have the patience. 

But here my two characters

post-15259-0-17520400-1380528974_thumb.jpg
post-15259-0-81341600-1375494314.jpg

post-15259-0-20689700-1387708424_thumb.png

Hopefully if I put down two I'll have a better chance on getting one of them!  :derp:

But I do love your at anyway, I can understand the patience needed for it and the like which makes me appreciate it even more really, I know I don't really have a chance but at least I tried. 

Here's mine!

JpaofWn.jpg

Even if you don't pick mine, I can't wait to see the end result.

Edit: Changed the colors... They were too bright before.

Edited by D1SC0RD

Well I have two characters that really do need something on them, and I think I understand your process as to why they aren't vectors. Bloody bitmap stuff I'll tell you, and making them look at your quality does take ages, I've tried but I never really have the patience. 

But here my two characters

Hopefully if I put down two I'll have a better chance on getting one of them!  :derp:

But I do love your at anyway, I can understand the patience needed for it and the like which makes me appreciate it even more really, I know I don't really have a chance but at least I tried. 

Slightly offtopic but Chocolate really misses FireSharp XD

But yes I agree, Arylett's art is simply amazing! (unlike mine)

img-2153143-1-profile_picture_by_princesWelp. My OC is my avatar, but here's a reference.

Here's her cutie mark:

img-2153143-2-dj_starlight_s_cutie_mark_

Her name is Dj Starlight. ^^ I don't mind what you draw her doing! :)

Thanks if you pick me! 

Edited by PrincessOfWinterWubs