Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Suppose the Mane 6 acquire the Rainbow Powers...

SaburoDaimando

I don't think it will be permanent, unless it can enhance their elements and make give them a bit more strength than normal. If they made it permanent, the fandom would either accept or hate the change.

There are rumors going about that the Mane 6 will acquire all new Rainbow Powers from the lockbox.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/12/possible-season-4-rainbow-power.html

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/12/rainbow-power-on-mlp-facebook-page.html (Someone designed the vectors)

There's also an image of Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Twilight Sparkle with denser manes and tails with rainbow colors on Derpibooru(I dunno if I am allowed to link it).

"We are the hope of the Universe. We are the answer to all things that cry out for peace. We are the protesters of the innocent. We are the light in the darkness. We are Truth. WE ARE HARMONY!!!"--Super Twilight

(A revised version of Son Goku's super saiyan speech)

It looks like a super form, but like the elements before I don't think they have it on 24/7.

• Brohoof 2

It looks more like a power-up or something. A power to be used in only the most extreme of circumstances. At least, that's what it sounds like to me. I like the rainbow colors on the mane 6 though and I'm fairly sure they won't have the rainbow colors on permanently. 

• Brohoof 1

Could be interesting as a power up/temporary form the Mane Six can take... though haters of overly colorful OCs will be angry if it becomes canon as there may be those who use this to justify having a pony that is very colorful/rainbowy.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

There's a new raw image of the Mane 6 in a normal "Rainbow" state and a Super "Rainbow" State that alters their manes completely courtesy of Equestria Daily.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/01/the-rest-of-rainbow-power-giant-pony.html

Now, to make sure I don't go burning down their bandwidth, I have copied the image from their website onto my Photobucket account.

1_zpsa539ee73.jpg

Now like I stated...

1) The mane 6 retain their regular mane in their normal mode, except with the new colors applied to their manes(Though Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle will have all new colors applied to their wings)

2) The Mane 6 in their power-up mode really goes overboard with their manes(Especially Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy).  Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy's wings would extend a bit, Rarity's horn looks like it sparkles even more, But get aload at Twilight Sparkle.  You thought turning her into an Alicorn was overboard, you haven't seen anything like her new design.  I bet her upgraded wings would put Princess Celestia to shame.

So what do you guys think of the new designs?

Smiles at the sh*tstorm that may follow if and when this appears in the shows. I feel is will be a very fun ride indeed, and watching the rage of people freaking out over the designs will be interesting.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

If they do it they do it.

But tbh I think it looks like just another toy sales thing for hasbro to pickup their toylines with. They've done it a lot in other shows, one fine example is Beast wars Transformers.

It went from regular to transmetals, to fuzors and then transmetal 2's. Just to sell new toys of the same characters.

And even MLP has seen a number of odd little toy lines already, including a china dress pinkie pie, and the gala ones that had nothing to do with the shows version of the gala.

Gotta remember, they are a toy company first and foremost :/

Now if they put it in the show.. no idea how that'll work, but I can't stop them. Though it would take the show from its bunch of generic ponies that use their friendship to overcome the odds, to some oddball super hero show with ponies.. While in passing (power ponies) its not so bad, as a longer standing, it'll be like putting nails in the coffin at last :(

I can't stop'em, and won't try. But not sure any new episodes will hold my interest if it goes there... I'll still adore the older ones (I'm not going to stop just because the new ones aren't to my taste!), and I may watch them, but my interest will be dropped a bit depending on how it goes..

Edited by GrimCW

The toys are not cannon and a poor source of information.  Let's wait until someone working on the show, or the show itself, provides information on the matter.

Bu-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-ut, if it is cannon...

tumblr_inline_miqfs8tInP1qz4rgp.gif

Ya know there is something else I should have added to this topic when I started it.

If the Mane 6 become immortal as Celestia with the Rainbow Powers, does that mean they'll be attending a boatload of funerals for a thousand years or so?

We have pony Super Saiyans. New toys for hasbro, new potential for the animators to impress. Might spice things up, seeing the ponies in brand new forms maybe for fighting villains. The designs honestly aren't bad. I like them.

• Brohoof 2

I'll be surprised if this does happen in the show, I initially assumed the "Rainbow Power" branding was merely an area of special original designed merchandise. Those designs look really cool in 2D though.

I'm not too sure it'll come from the mysterious box, possibly it'll from the Harmony Tree or another mysterious source of power.

Edited by Rainboom Dash

I actually kinda like the new Rainbow Powers, but I wouldn't want them to be used permanently. If they are used in the show, they probably won't be used too often. But I guess there's still a chance that the Rainbow Powers will only exist in merchandise.

I don't know. From the way the toys are being promoted, they seem to be only a temporary thing. We'll have to see once the designs appear.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

I"m just going to assume this is a toyline release by hasbro. Not everything has to point back to the show.  Though I"m not a big fan of those designs eeek, AJ looks hidious with that red streak.  colour pallets all off gak.

I tend to believe these rainbow powers will enter the show.

First of all, they are pumping out a lot of RP stuff. Why make a commercial for all of it when they can put it all in the show?

But, the way I look at it is like this -

The box in Princess Twilight Sparkle contains something that will, even if for a bit, change the show's dynamic.
The Mane 6 must find keys.

These keys are distinguished with a flash of color (composed of the man 6's colors)
The first one we see outside of the first two episodes is Rarity's thread.

What color is the thread?
It's rainbow, of course :D

And what significance does rainbow hold (aside form being part of RD's name and mane color)?
The sonic rainboom was how they all got their cutie marks, and is how they are connected

So in a round-about way, I think this Rainbow theme has some weight to it and all fits together in that way. Of course, it's all speculation but considering how they are making everything (toy sets, blindbags, EqG dolls) rainbow power themed, I doubt they'd pass on making it canon.

Naw, I think it'll be a one off thing like when they became Crystal Ponies for a little while, just with more plot significance. I'll be thankful if that's the case, since they don't look very good to me at all.

Just a little something to defeat the Season 4 villain while promoting some variant toys (like with their crystal forms and Equestria Girls). Nothing to get too excited about.

And while I'm here, I have a suggestion/request:

Could someone please make a comic of Goku giving them some pointers/a lesson? PLEEEEEAAASSEEE?? :yay:

On the off chance that these actually appear in the show (I'm on the fence on whether that's a good or bad thing at the moment), I severely doubt these will be permanent. They pretty much scream temporary power-up to me and this isn't the first time something like this has happened. Back when the Crystal Empire DVD was released, the cover boasted vectors of crystal Mane 6, and while the Crystal Heart did just that, those forms only lasted, what, a minute of screen time, if that? 

Though while I'm not too fond of most of the designs, with Pinkie's being the only one I can say I really like (don't get me started on the hideous colored wings), it would be kinda neat if these forms could later be accessed at will and they weren't just a one-time-deal. 

I tend to believe these rainbow powers will enter the show.

First of all, they are pumping out a lot of RP stuff. Why make a commercial for all of it when they can put it all in the show?

But, the way I look at it is like this -

The box in Princess Twilight Sparkle contains something that will, even if for a bit, change the show's dynamic.

The Mane 6 must find keys.

These keys are distinguished with a flash of color (composed of the man 6's colors)

The first one we see outside of the first two episodes is Rarity's thread.

What color is the thread?

It's rainbow, of course :D

And what significance does rainbow hold (aside form being part of RD's name and mane color)?

The sonic rainboom was how they all got their cutie marks, and is how they are connected

So in a round-about way, I think this Rainbow theme has some weight to it and all fits together in that way. Of course, it's all speculation but considering how they are making everything (toy sets, blindbags, EqG dolls) rainbow power themed, I doubt they'd pass on making it canon.

WEll that and rainbows seem to to be hte only weapon colour hasbro can use. "Rainbows, darlings, rainbows."

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...