Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The next villain.....Twilight Sparkle

TheMarkz0ne

Unless something drives them to become villains or if there is a reason for them to be villains, I'd like to see them as villains anyway. I think the only thing that can make Twilight a villain is, if she is corrupted by dark magic.

"The Hour of Twilight is at hand. I am the beginning of the end, the shadow that blots out the sun! For this Moment alone was I made! Look upon your deaths, mortals!" 

Ultraxion from WoW, always thought Twilight jacked on evil would say crap like this XD

It would definitely be interesting.  I've written theories on how the Mane Six could become villains before, but the best I could come up with for Twilight would be following her friends down the path of villainy (Supported by Return of Harmony, in which she gave up on her de-harmonized friends and succumbed to Discord's power).  Of course, if that were the case, we'd be out of Mane Characters to save the day...

I'd absolutely LOVE to watch episode with evil Twilight only to see the Main 5 will working together to save her :) It's always up to Twi to save the day, so it could be a nice change and great opportunity for character development for them. To be honest, it's kind of episode I wish to see in season 5. 

• Brohoof 2

Would be great! Seriously.

I always thought that Twi has dark potential. I like it. I guess the only possible way for Twilight become evil is - losing her mind. The main reason why she's my favorite pony is because she has a quite unstable psyche. You can notice this in episode where she forgot to send a letter to Celestia. Actually Twilight are very kind, but hard life of Princess (stress, fatigue, fear) can get her "out of the rut".

Back to episode 3 (season 2) when Twilight enchanted the toy and the all ponies in the town almost killed each other. She didn't meant to hurt anybody, but she did. The same thing can happen again. There are several factors that can drive her crazy. The main factor is a sense of guilt for that either. I sure that everybody noticed that Twilight very susceptible to sense of guilt. Twilight can just lost her mind and do smth terrible, but she will think, that she is doing good things, that she helps anyone. But the sad truth will that she's the villain. And when she will see what she did... (I know that it's a kids cartoon, and she will never turns evil, but this idea is awesome isn't it?)

Edited by zev_zev

Princess Twilight Sparkle hasn't even has the faintest glimmer that she seeks power, making that storyline implausible unless her mind was taken over from nowhere which would be a boring story. To look at it further, I even think that they are trying to in a way, stealthily retcon Twilight's princess status without doing so literally. Evidence is in the following: No one in the normal episodes recognizes her as a princess (save for the opening episodes but I'll mention that next), her princess powers are not emphasized, she won't wear her crown, she doesn't fly, she won't even leave Ponyville to seek out a new purpose as a princess as Cadence did. As for the opening episodes and maybe one or two references, it is obvious that Hasbro would prefer that the viewers are at least satisfied with a minimal amount of Twilight being a princess to avoid complaints and they are special episodes. What does any of that have to do with the main topic? Well, if they are trying to return Twilight back to the status quo of season 1-3 without literally removing her wings then advancing her as some sort of dark princess wouldn't make sense, would it? Has she really changed at all and can such a dramatic change to darkness make any sense?

• Brohoof 1

From the image you placed there, it seems like Twi's possessed so she's lost control of her own body. I really don't see her becoming corrupted by anything other than magic.

From the image you placed there, it seems like Twi's possessed so she's lost control of her own body. I really don't see her becoming corrupted by anything other than magic.

Twilight already knows a little bit of dark magic, which was taught by Celestia, and used as "a trick" by Twilight. San in Celestia's case, her knowing and practice of it was seen in the crystal empire episode where she demonstrates a scenario for Twilight regarding Sombra. So if Celestia knows dark magic, it's to have better understood it in order to learn to more efficiently combat it

Would be nice if Twilight was instructed to do the same and eventually get consumed by the new type if magic she had to research and practice

I do not think Twilight

would ever go evil unless

they replay the Nightmare

card as they did with Rare

in the comics and all but

possession is the only way

that would happen at all.

Everything is cliché nowadays. Heck, my plot for stories are not original because I am only one person out of 7 billion, and I'm sure ideas are always borrowed. It's not about overused ideas-it's about how you can twist and manipulate them. That's what I tell myself anyway.

I'm a fan of dark twist-and this would be in my interest; but since twi was just crowned princess- not likely. I'm willing to bet there will be a scene where she's manipulated by an evil force, but not for long. The idea of her or anyone becoming subtly indifferent is my cup of tea; but not others of course.

• Brohoof 1

This is something I've been personally interested in for a long time since Lesson Zero. Twilight does have the capability to turn evil, but the problem here is the execution of the actual heel turn. If I know Twi, she's not the type to listen to manipulation, however if she were to come under extreme stress from, for example, a string of events that went badly wrong involving her princesshood, then perhaps a voice of guidance could lure her to the dark side.

There is also the possibility of her power overwhelming her, or even somepony spiking her magic to the point where it corrupts her. Either way this goes down, Twilight would become a force to be reckoned with if she does turn. Her friends and Celestia would be hit hard emotionally and mentally, as the very pony they all believed in had fallen from grace, similar to how Obi-Wan felt following the battle against Anakin on Mustafar. 

In fact, if Twi did turn heel, then the events that would follow would pretty much be a ponification of the original Star Wars trilogy. Still, I'm quite interested in the idea, and it would be cool to see the show pull it off (it won't though, it's a kids show  >_>)

• Brohoof 1

It could be good, but what would be even better (yet insanely ridiculous) is a corrupted Princess Celestia in the vein of John Simm's rendition of the master. Specifically, I could see her using the sun to burn the world with the rest of the Mane 6/Luna having to stop her corrupted form.

To make this even more ridiculous, I would ensure that she says the line "we're gonna burn baby, burn" somewhere in there.

Ridiculous? Yup. This is why I don't write fan fiction.

• Brohoof 1

Well, that would be a very interesting idea. I mean, it could work out very well. And it's original.

Princess Celestia in the vein of John Simm's rendition of the master

Oh my god that would be the best thing ever! You are now my best friend. Also, if it's gonna be a homage to Simm's master, she better say 'And so it came to pass that the pony race fell, and Equestria was no more. And I looked down upon my new dominion as Queen of all; and I thought it good."

Edited by Champion Shift
  • Brohoof 2