Do guys have it easier?

Onylex

I know for one thing guys get made fun of for acting “girly” while no one says anything when a girl acts “manly”. Guys have their own struggles as well. I’ve never heard anyone specifically say they wish they were a girl instead but I know guys can struggle with male pressures and issues as well.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I say it's roughly equal at this point. Although if either were at a slight disadvantage, I'd say women would have it mainly due to inequality in some parts of the world and also because they're more likely to be victims of crimes, particularly rape. That doesn't mean guys don't have troubles either, though.

Nonetheless, the whole grouping of people together is totally asinine and serves no reasonable purpose.

Edited by ~Angel Dust~

Being a guy is definitely not easier as a whole and these days the world seems to be skewing more and more in favour of women.

Society treats the guys as emotionless punching bags who are physically tough if nothing else and if you don't fit the stereotype  then good luck because you are pretty much on your own then.

Also if you are a guy then you are pretty much a threat to other people and a possible sexual predator by default just by existing as guys are seemingly pretty aggressive. 

Biologically/Physically, i think that's probably fair to say. Socially, i'm not certain - each gender has their own challenges. I really have no idea which is greater so I won't try and compare them lol

Biologically, yes. Societally, no.

4 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I dunno. I'd say both genders have an equal amount of troubles. 

May I dub you the thread necromancer? :mlp_yeehaa:

Both genders have their own unique sets of advantages and drawbacks; equal but in different ways. Men have strength, women have beauty. Men have it harder being the ones who generally make the first move romantically, but women have the responsibilities of bearing children. Men have the frustrations of physical ‘distractions’ but women have to deal with ‘shark week’ every month. In a perfect world, each has strengths and weaknesses that compliments, and relies on, the opposite sex for completion and ultimate fulfillment. I would not say one has it any better than the other; not by a long shot.  

• 4 months later...

Yeah, I think we do. Thankfully social conditions for women are becoming better and better over time compared to what they once were, but biologically I still think being a male is much easier (although not necessarily 'better', but I will say that I love being male).

• Brohoof 3

Attitudes about men are fairly repugnant to be honest. There are very few aspects of masculinity that are decidedly easier than femininity but that side's not any better so don't get your hopes up.

Having lived on the other side of the coin for over three decades, I didn't get the super privilege I was purported to have for being a male. Now that I'm on the female side of the coin, it's not any easier. Suffice to say, both sides are shite.

I...kinda feel like life is easier for me as a guy, yes. But not entirely!

I know a woman who receives strange private messages sometimes... This never happened to me. Maybe one or two times in my life, but not really worth mentioning. Also: I don't get harrassed by women (or guys) on the street, I guess this can happen occasionally to you you girls, right? I don't really get bothered, like... 99,9% of the time. That's why I think I have it easier as a guy. Most people simply don't care about me, I'm just another dude for them, walking the streets of life.

But, but, but! It is extremely hard for me to have guys as friends, in real life or online, doesn't matter, because I don't act "manly" enough or whatever. I just get avoided by most guys and that is actually the best thing that could happen. I mean it's better than getting insulted or so. But I think this is not so different for the girls, we all have to act in a specific way to get accepted by "most" people. Or to attract "most" people, depending on what you wish for yourself. Most guys I know in real life, are more serious and "cool" acting or vulgar and have such a humor. They don't want me, since I'm more of a happy person and I like cute things. But that doesn't matter, I wouldn't be happy with them anyway. :) I figured you just need like-minded people, even if it means (especially in my case) those people are more rare. And to find them, you have to stay true to yoursefl! The older I got, the nicer most oher people became, especially the adult ones. I'm friendly, so most people are friendly to me as well. It is just not enough for a deeper friendship or similar. :) I wouldn't have the courage to go full out with my attitudes. To not gain attention, I try to be as inconspicuous as possible. :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

I don't know about general life, but I guess in big-ish companies women have a slight advantage because nowadays companies try to appeal to feminism, sjw, etc (I don't know why they do this tho)

But in finding-partner part of life women definitely have advantages because of how nature works. And I don't know if we can do anything about this really

On 2/4/2014 at 4:16 PM, ~Onylex said:

to make a long story short, somewhere in the conversation she mentioned how she wish she was born a guy instead of a girl.

Funny, because I wish I had been born female instead of male.  Each side has pros and cons.  The luckiest among us have personalities that align and sync very well with their biological sex, and the unlucky ones like me feel that they'd be happier if they were the opposite.