Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What episode should I show my grandma?

Fenrir

My grandmother is visiting from Texas, and she thinks it wierd that I like MLP, but she is willing to watch an episode with me. What episode does everypony think I should show her? I was thinking maybe dragonshy or read it and weap. But Im totally up to suggestions.

If its an episode that has all the mane 6 involved: Dragonshy

If its an episode that only highlights one of the mane 6: A Friend In Deed

Dragonshy is light and Fluttershy is really cute.

A Friend in Deed has an older character in it and maybe your grandma can relate to CDD/Matilda about their old timey day at the Gala

• Brohoof 4

Maybe S1 E1 since it;s a good intro.

Or Lesson 0, everypony seems to luv lesson 0.

Maybe family appreciation day, she might like it's message.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Maybe family appreciation day, she might like it's message.

I concur with this opinion as it seems like the right kind of episode to ease someone in doubt of our image.

Edited by SrFrog
  • Brohoof 1

I don't mean to turn this thread into an echo chamber, but I showed my grandmother Family Appreciation Day. She loved that episode, and now she actually likes watching the show.

• Brohoof 1

Normally i would say all of them in big canterlock letters but that wouldnt be helpful.

You should show whichever one you think has the best morals or most encouraging theme to it. If you find one you think is really moving and tugs at your heart or makes you want to nod in agreement saying "thank you for understanding and getting that across to children" than you may just have the perfect episode.

• Brohoof 1

I always thought Bridle Gossip would work well as a first episode...

I have no personal experience with this though, results may vary

Bridle Gossip was my first episode. It worked wonders, and helped me convert two of my bronies irl!

• Brohoof 1

I would show her "Dragonshy". Its got all the mane characters and its a really easy storyline to follow.

Also... Fluttershy :3

• Brohoof 1

The first episode of the series is one of my favorites, and is a good introduction.

However, if it's only going to be one episode for sure, The Cutie Mark Chronicles is also a solid choice for a "sample" episode, because it starts off with the CMC zip-lining, and presents a concise background story for each character as well.

But any episode, even chosen at random, is a good choice, because they all demonstrate that the show has a much different "feel" than most people expect, and that it's actually clever and entertaining, rather than a girly, sappy, half-hour toy commercial.

• Brohoof 2

Well, people have a lot of different opinions, but you should show one that YOU think represents My Little Ponies' values the most! You have to show your grandma that this show really is worth watching!

• Brohoof 1

The first two episodes are always a good choice. Also anything with Granny Smith, as she might help her relate to the show somehow.

I am worried she might get offended, but then again, she might find it hilarious.

Wow, thanks for all the feedback you guys!

• Brohoof 1

Not a problem at all! Always great to help some one in need.

Depending on the kind of person your grandmother is will likely determine her reaction to granny smith. if she is really caring and understanding she may find it funny. If shes a stereotypical grouch she may not. Either or, thats what makes the difference.

I am worried she might get offended, but then again, she might find it hilarious.

Wow, thanks for all the feedback you guys!

You're welcome! I hope I was helpful. Trying to figure out the episodes that would appeal to older family members can be tough.
  • Brohoof 1