Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pick a Flaw - S4E16 It Ain't Easy Being Breezies

Doctor XFizzle

60 users have voted

1. 1. What is your TOP complaint/dislike from today's episode?

• Fluttershy focus
    • Breezies introduction
    • Seabreeze (Breezy leader)
    • Spike's mistake
    • Mane 6 breezification
    • Journal entry/moral
    • Other (explain)

S4E13 - Simple Ways: Trenderhoof (18 votes)

S4E14 - Filli Vanilli: Pinkie Pie's Behavior (54 votes)

S4E15 - Twilight Time: Other (13 votes)

If you had just ONE top reason as to why you disliked the episode or thought was a flaw of the episode, which was it?

NOTE: This topic doesn't mean we hate the episode or the show, it's merely a point of discussion to talk about the episode in a different way. (can't believe I have to clarify this)

It was pretty darn good today. Can't really name one. Although I will say the Mane 6 breezification was kinda a "meh let's do it just because" when they could've found a different way to send the Breezies back home.

The breeziefication of the mane 6 definitely turned me off a bit

Yea if I had to choose a flaw it would be the breezification of the Mane 6. It seemed unnecessary, but I liked RD's "Y'know I've always wanted to be a griffon..." afterward. But yea I really liked the episode.  :)

• Brohoof 3

Yeah I have to agree.  It actually wasn't so much the fact that they made them into breezies it was that I can't see how adding 6 more breezies who have no experience being breezies or flying in that way would suddenly solve all of their problems with not having enough of them.

• Brohoof 5

On initial viewing the thing that was flawed was the build up. Up till the Seabreeze flew out. It didn't really seem to be building up to the climax

I just feel that there should have been more of a conflict between Fluttershy and the Seabreeze. 

I would say that Fluttershy's attitude was one of the only real problems. What I liked about Filli Vanilli was that it showed Fluttershy's character development over the last three seasons. Here, it feels kind of like Fluttershy took a step or two back character wise when she let the Breezies trick her like that and had to steel herself to be forceful with them for their own sake. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Eh. I can't really say I care what happens to Spike at this point. Seriously, no one ever has anything good to say about the way he's portrayed, or him in general; so unless my waifu is involved somehow, I really have just given up on that character. Not because of the way the show portrays him, mind you, just because I'm getting tired of "SPIKE ABUSE!!!!!!!! HOW DAR DEY DO DAT TO HIM!" and hearing nothing else about his character ever -_-

But yeahh, the breezification sorta knocked this one down a peg for me; had that not happened, that would've been gr8, and the episode would've been much more enjoyable :D It was still a good episode, but that's one of the most glaring flaws this season, alongside Trenderhoof and Pinkie Pie in "Filli Vanilli" :P

That was just an unnecessary element to the show (There had to be SOME way they could help instead of flying along side them) and honestly, they looked hella creepy to begin with; when I saw Rarity and the funky bunch that follows her around turn into dem things, I was like "ummm....:( "

Edited by ghostfacekiller39

Well I actually liked the mane six breezification, mainly due to how adorable and unexpected it was. 

Now my flaw is how much the episode itself feels like it drags. It feels like it be better if it was an 11 minute episode instead of the full 22 minutes.

(edited)

The one thing I really don't like about IAEBB at this point is the DEM. It came way out of nowhere with little to no fluid connection to the plot and acted like a fixer upper to end the script. One person on EQD said the breezies need to be in a large enough group to travel, but that throwaway only cheapened the ending more.

Number two on my list is the mechanical dialogue and humor. Instead of the humor coming across naturally, plenty of it was forced through. Plenty of the dialogue also felt pretty unnatural.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

I would say that Fluttershy's attitude was one of the only real problems. What I liked about Filli Vanilli was that it showed Fluttershy's character development over the last three seasons. Here, it feels kind of like Fluttershy took a step or two back character wise when she let the Breezies trick her like that and had to steel herself to be forceful with them for their own sake. 

But that's just it, she's only been forceful for her or her friends own sake in the past, and never to any creatures for the creatures' sake. This issue of her being too lenient toward creatures was last emphasized in 'Putting Your Hoof Down'. Overall, I see this episode as an expansion on her past lessons (which is why it seems similar).

The one thing I really don't like about IAEBB at this point is the DEM. It came way out of nowhere with little to no fluid connection to the plot and acted like a fixer upper to end the script. One person on EQD said the breezies need to be in a large enough group to travel, but that throwaway only cheapened the ending more.

Number two on my list is the mechanical dialogue and humor. Instead of the humor coming across naturally, plenty of it was forced through. Plenty of the dialogue also felt pretty unnatural.

I think that you're a good analyst and all, but don't you ever feel like you ruin an episode for yourself sometimes? I mean, I doubt you dislike the episode, but don't you feel like you're sometimes too harsh?

I mean this with all due respect, and I'm not saying "Oh, it's bad stop doing it," I'm just wondering.

In my opinion this episode was just boring. The only interesting moment was near the end, when Main 6 were turned into breezies, I really liked that scene. 

• Brohoof 1

Initially I voted on the breezification, but it didn't really bother me too much. What did bother me to some extend was the way Fluttershy explained her dealing with the bees. It felt a bit odd to me. But this is not a even a "medium sized" issue for me. I have no complains of this episode to be very honest.

This episode was just 'okay' for me, since it was kind of boring and felt like it dragged on a bit.

Spike's accident seemed to serve the purpose of showing how frustrating it is to be a breezy, but otherwise felt like filler with how quickly it was resolved and forgotten about.

When the Mane Six were turned into Breezies, it seemed a little weird to me in-universe, but despite my confusion I have to admit Rainbow's dialogue with Twilight at the end was quite amusing.

So for the most part it felt pretty dull for me, which is why I only consider it to be an 'okay' episode.

I still don't get why fluttershy didn't just fly them there herself. They can stick to her, and she can just fly in the breeze to activate their magic. This whole time she could have ferried them to the portal. Would have taken half the time. 

And ya, the "breezification" was a deus ex machina that had no real reason to be there, other than to advert for toys. 

• Brohoof 2

Oh my god, I never found a more disappointed episode in season 4 until now.

First of all, the stares. While the Twilight saga (which is clearly a bomb) had more stares, this just got ridiculous for how many long pauses there were that made up of characters staring at each other. I'm not kidding, count all the stares between the characters and you realize that the pacing of the episode is quite slow.

Second, breezification has several problems. One is the convervation of mass, which seems to be completely violated when Twilight uses this spell. Second of all, this spell seems WAYYYY too overpowered unless there are limits to it. The spells limits might be that it only works on creatures smaller than you or something, but still going all Mystique on this episode just doesn't feel right. Also you can use it on an enemy and then squish them to death, so why didn't the unicorns just take over equestria already?

I still don't get why fluttershy didn't just fly them there herself. They can stick to her, and she can just fly in the breeze to activate their magic. This whole time she could have ferried them to the portal. Would have taken half the time. 

And ya, the "breezification" was a deus ex machina that had no real reason to be there, other than to advert for toys. 

Third, they made the main 6 all breezies because it'll sell toys. Hasbro logic. Fluttershy really was the only one needed.

Argghhh, this episode is quite underwhelming with the off-tempo pacing and dry humor. The RD griffon joke did not help bring up this episode, sorry to say.

I was not the biggest fan of this one. Maybe it'll sit better with me on rewatch.

• Breezification: Who Needs Consequences For Their Actions?

• Spike in this episode has some serious self-esteem issues that remind me a lot of Lesson Zero Twilight. He was breaking down and crying. Was that supposed to be funny? It definitely was not funny.   :blink:

• Fluttershy's lesson should've been about how coddling isn't necessarily kindness. She didn't believe in the breezies for much of the episode; she treated them as helpless and encouraged their dependence on her. That would be an excellent moral for Fluttershy, but instead we got a confusing message that "Strictness = being mean? But that's good sometimes?". 

• The breezies felt odd in the show's universe. They kept straddling between being more like other animals shown in the series and being mini-ponies. The town treated them like the former, but the complicated society and buildings suggest the ladder. 
  • Brohoof 5