Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2014 MLP Forums MARCH MADNESS TOURNAMENT (NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP)

Doctor XFizzle

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP  

273 users have voted

1. 1. Applejack vs. Fluttershy vs. Rarity vs. Pinkie Pie

• ALL CHARACTERS
    • Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie

For the first one, I'm definitely going with Sweetiebelle!

She's a very cute, funny and lovable filly which I love a little more than Pinkie.

img-2465399-1-s2fq5i.png

GO SWEETIEBELLE!  ^_^ 

________________________________________________________________________________________

For the second one, I decided to go with Vinyl. Her promo for Rainbow Rocks looked great and added more devolpment to her character!

1fipno.png

GO VINYL!  B) 

Edited by Magical Bookworm
  • Brohoof 4

When it came down to it, I just couldn't go against Sweetie Belle :D My love for her sister makes me love her by extension, in a different way :D

She might not win this round, because Pinkie Power will be too strong for the mini-Marshmallow to overcome, but she has my full support nonetheless :D

rarity_and_sweetie_belle_by_frankier77-dtumblr_meu81dWbe11qijf4oo1_1280.pngsweetie_belle_and_rarity___styled_vectortumblr_lia6on0kV51qa5tboo1_500.jpg

• Brohoof 5

My vote went for Sweetie Belle, but to be honest - my love for her and Pinkie Pie is equal :)

And I voted for Derpy, though I don't really care about her or Vinyl. Still, I like her a little more than Vinyl (who actually is getting on my nerves), because she has bigger potential and I like her design much more. 

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 5

derpy tends to have a little bit of bad blood with AJ fans.  :lol:

With some unfortunately but not me, I have liked Derpy almost as long as I have liked Applejack albeit not as much though. So my votes are going to Derpy and Pinkie Pie in large part because Pinkie Pie reminds me so much of my Dad.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

Day 10 in Review:

Out of all the Sweet Sixteen match ups, this one will probably, in hindsight, be the least surprising of them all.  AJ and RD handled Princess Celestia and Princess Cadance as easily as I'd expected they would, setting up a great match up in the next round.  Can't wait!!!  :D

Day 11 Comments

BatmanNapoleon.jpg

Rally to me Derp Brigade, rally I say!  Our mailmare calls to us; she calls for aid; she calls for courage; she calls for triumph!!!  We face yet again the second most challenging of all background ponies, the formidable Vinyl Scratch, and it is our duty as lovers of the Derp to thwart the DJ-PON3!  So ride, ride I say, carry the gray mare on your shoulders to glorious victory and drive our foe from the battlefield.  FORWARD, TO GLORIOUS VICTORY!!!  :muffins: 

tumblr_my56pf9Y0e1qhm45so1_500.gif

As for Pinkie Pie and Sweetie Belle, despite the fact that Sweetie Belle could pull off the upset, I just couldn't conscientiously vote for her against Pinkie myself.  Pinkie's having a pretty good season, and she'll always be a more noteworthy character than Sweetie Belle.  Besides, if Derpy and Pinkie end up winning, I'm not worried about facing Ms. Pie in the next round; I have full faith that the Derp Brigade could very well defeat Pinkie Pie if it comes to that.  B)   But vote for whoever you want to ya'll; if Sweetie Belle wins and so does Derpy, then I certainly do think that Derpy would have an easier time in the Elite Eight than she would facing Pinkie.  Will just have to wait and see what happens.  :)

I voted for Vinyl. I loved that Rainbow Rocks promo of her, she's the inspiration for a lot of great fan music, I could see her become a secondary character for an episode, and, well... derpy tends to have a little bit of bad blood with AJ fans.  :lol:

No judging, no judging, you can vote for whoever you want and I know that "The Last Roundup" is still a sore subject for some AJ fans.  BUT I will simply say this, the Derp Brigade has been committed this whole tourney to seeing AJ through, unless of course we happen to face her ourselves.  Just food for thought Stella, food for thought.  :comeatus:

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 5

wow 54 votes in and both matchups have the same score lol. Also closer than I thought they'd be. But its early. I can see PP vs. SB pull away but DH vs. VS will come down to the wire.

• Brohoof 1

I voted for Vinyl. I loved that Rainbow Rocks promo of her, she's the inspiration for a lot of great fan music, I could see her become a secondary character for an episode, and, well... derpy tends to have a little bit of bad blood with AJ fans.  :lol:

6d4.png

The Derpy grudge is water under the bridge compared to how SOME AJ fans feel about Vinyl Scratch. :okiedokielokie:

I don't actually hate Vinyl, but Derpy gets my vote here. While I didn't use to like her that well, sorry Batbrony,  I have grown to like her a fair bit since The Last Roundup. She's my favorite background pony now, for whatever that's worth.

Pinkie Pie vs Sweetie Belle is a tough call, but Pinkie Pie has grown on me like a weed this season. For the most part, I've been enjoying her character more than ever, and while I think Sweetie Belle is also great, I always opt for the Mane Six.

• Brohoof 9

6d4.png

The Derpy grudge is water under the bridge compared to how SOME AJ fans feel about Vinyl Scratch. :okiedokielokie:

This image is painful to watch ._. Well, Derpy at least had some bigger role in the episodes and even said something in The Last Roundup. Vinyl's personality is based only on her image, nothing more. She's just a creation of fans. She has no personality. We don't even know how her voice sounds. I can understand excitment about Derpy (she's unique in her own way, even if we don't know much about her), but Vinyl? No. Just... no.

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 4

For now,my vote goes to Derpy.Although I'm still thinking that she's overrated,Vinyl is even more,and a bit of hate towards her had grown up on me(Sorry,Vinyl fans :P)

And my other vote,i think that it'll go for Sweetie Belle.After the Apple Bloom vs Discord match-up from yesterday,i'm having a lot of faith towards the CMC ^_^

This image is painful to watch ._. Well, Derpy at least had some bigger role in the episodes and even said something in The Last Roundup. Vinyl's personality is based only on her image, nothing more. She's just a creation of fans. She has no personality. We don't even know how her voice sounds. I can understand excitment about Derpy (she's unique in her own way, even if we don't know much about her), but Vinyl? No. Just... no.

After the McDonnald's disaster with the Vinyl toy,i started to hate a bit Vinyl.

That doesn't mean that i'm going to hate everything related with her,but until its(supossed)appearing on Rainbow Rock and,therefore,a bigger role,i'll not look at her with good eyes :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 3

I'd just like to make it abundantly clear the only background pony I sincerely enjoy all of the time is Colgate, because she's not detracting attention away from the more *deserving* characters. Looking at you, Vinyl.   :okiedokielokie: 

In any case, I voted for Derpy myself; as overrated as she is, she didn't replace Applejack in the toy line, dammit. That legitimately made me dislike Vinyl Scratch, and I'm a Rarity fan >_>

In any case, I'm throwing all of my force behind Sweetie Belle this round :D

Sweetie Belle is best Vinyl Scratch, you know :D

_svg___vector___mlp_sweetie_belle_and_he

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 5

Well, not necessarily. Watch her Rainbow Rocks promo, most of what the fans "created her to be", like with the dubstep DJ and such, is pretty much confirmed. The only thing we still don't know about her is what her voice sounds like. Then again, she might talk in Rainbow Rocks.  :P 

• Brohoof 1

Well, not necessarily. Watch her Rainbow Rocks promo, most of what the fans "created her to be", like with the dubstep DJ and such, is pretty much confirmed. The only thing we still don't know about her is what her voice sounds like. Then again, she might talk in Rainbow Rocks.  :P 

I watched it, but still - Rainbow Rocks isn't even cannon yet and before it's aired there's not much to say about it. And what we know about her? She's a DJ. She loves music. And... that's all. Comparing her to characters like Main 6, which we know since the beginning and know so much about who they are just isn't right.

• Brohoof 2

Hey, now; isn't that what her image is, though? That of a DJ? :huh:

In any case, the fanbase DID in fact base what they created with her off of her image, which, again, is that of a DJ; it's obvious that she had the personality of a DJ to begin with. Didn't really need to get overly creative with her; that's her most notable and redeeming quality, is being a DJ.

Seriously; Vinyl is DJ. They just had to base her image off of being a DJ. It's obvious she's a DJ, too. Hell, her being a DJ is confirmed canon.

Notice how many times I said "DJ" in there? :D Really drives the point home that her image wasn't too hard to create for either the fans or the writers, because her appearance and what little canon we had of her sold it :D

• Brohoof 2