Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Musical Instruments

ProjectRKA

Well I play a keyboard/MIDI controller, always had a keyboard of some sort in my life pretty much.

But I don't read music or practice tunes, I use it to come up with dance music grooves and basslines etc

Anyone play musical instruments?

I play piano and clarinet but suck at both :P

what about you guys?

Hello there! I am just letting you know that we had an already existing topic covering musical instruments so I went ahead and merged your topic with the old one. :)

As for me, I don't play any musical instruments but I'd like to learn how to drum someday as I've always loved a good beat.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a trombone player. Been doing it since 6th grade up to college. I won't brag or anything.

I can also play the euphonium with an intermediate skill, and have been "self-teaching" myself to play piano. I probably shouldn't since I might learn how to play in the wrong way and get into some bad habits.

Piano... Just piano, no other instruments whatsoever. If you look at my profile you'll see that I play it pretty ambitiously.

Oh, and drums, because I love rythms (currently trying to master 5/4 7/8 and 11/8)

(edited)

Hmm... I own two electric guitars, and two accoustics (both are collectibles for the accoustics). I also own a flute, but we lost the damn thing. I've got a keyboard lying around, I should try playing it. And we have a bass, supposely owned by my sister, but she never plays it, so I took it and play it at school. Pink bass ftw.

So I play both bass and guitar.

Godin SD, custom:

Picture0021_zps2a927c4e.jpg

Picture0020_zps82e5a6ab.jpg

Fender Squier, my first guitar:

HPIM3901_zpsaa707f96.jpg

Fiesta guitar, around 30 years old thing. Unplayable but astonishing sound:

FiestaGuitar_zpse87f2c19.jpg

FiestaGuitar1_zps6189d316.jpg

FiestaGuitar5_zps50b97cf2.jpg

Fender Sonoran Mustang 45th anniversary Special Edition:

My gem :3 (300 were built)

HPIM3904_zpsdfabb731.jpg

HPIM3903_zps95fc8ae7.jpg

And my pink Fender Squier bass:

HPIM4021_zpsd5efa1ce.jpg

And I dream to own a banjo, and my own bass.

Edited by GhostPony750
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...

Well I used to take guitar lessons on my acoustic but quickly realized the guitar wasn't my instrument...i just didn't have the patience to play I guess. :please: So I gave my guitar to my brother who's a guitar enthusiast. 

I have found that the tambourine is my thing but unfortunately, don't have one of my own. :adorkable:

I played the Tuba in junior high and high school, but of course I don't have one of my own since I'm poor and they're insanely expensive anyways. I got pretty good I must say. :P Let's just say I almost made it to a state-level competition for my own abilities, and in a marching band that were state champions, I actually got to play an ENTIRE movement by myself (well, among tubas at least) because nobody else in our section could articulate the dynamics for that part of the show quite as well as I could. Being the slow and quiet part, it made sense. 

I also played a little Euphonium as well, and I wasn't so good at that since I was so adjusted to the Tuba's lower octave, and I literally only got 2 weeks to learn the instrument before marching season. I couldn't play higher than a Bb just above the staff. Plus I found it difficult to really articulate with the drastically smaller mouthpiece (you only really can tell how much of a difference it is when you make the switch between the two).

Hey, this topic was made many years ago, thus my previous posts are very outdated, so you all get to suffer from another musical instrument post by me!

I can now play both oboe and bassoon. I actually played them both in my last semester before graduating at my university. We did both ensembles in one concert for the last concert, so I had to switch straight from one to other! Yikes.

Here's my beautiful (in my eyes, anyway. Most people think it's hideous. I'm just biased) Conn 12M bari sax. It needs some work that I don't really have the time to do right now, but I'll get around to it when I get the money for the right tools.

I played this saxophone senior year of high school in concert, symphonic, and marching band, and it shattered ear drums. It was also a leaky piece of garbage back then, but I still loved it.

20190808_182201.thumb.jpg.576c49242a3975dbcb901a1bdbfb2a8f.jpg

Also, I got some buttons at BronyCon and put them in my case.

• Brohoof 1